Options

Why does Piers Morgan hate Stephen Fry?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    KBBJ wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic, but the game was when you offer up your idea of new meanings of words. Stephen's contribution was, "Countryside: the killing of Piers Morgan."

It was all him. And I laughed like a drain.

The only reason I can think of with regards to La Morgan's TV career is that he's got a lot of stuff on a lot of people. He really is obnoxious.

Reminds me of QI a couple of series ago - He asked them to name some poisoness snakes, and Jimmy Carr said Piers Morgan....and it came up as an 'obvious but wrong' answer!

So I'd say it seems to be a mutual feeling between the two of them! :D
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's too easy to say that Piers Morgan hasn't got any talent. He understands the "alternative star system" (i.e the world populated by Katie Price, Paris Hilton etc.) as well as anyone. He knows when to praise, when to schmooze, when to keep quiet and when to be indignant.

The fact that that entire universe is vacuous nonsense is neither here nor there. Piers understands it, even if we don't.
  • Options
    GeorgemcneilGeorgemcneil Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is Piers Morgan we are talking about. He is a complete tool. If he ever wins a Contribution to Television we shall know he slept with someone.

Loose Women?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    It all started when Simon brought Piers over for America's Got Talent and it became a hit. So he was then asked to be a judge on our version. Im not sure why him and Simon are so pally really?:confused:

Why get him to judge any talent show though?
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all started when Simon brought Piers over for America's Got Talent and it became a hit. So he was then asked to be a judge on our version. Im not sure why him and Simon are so pally really?:confused:

I don't actually think they are 'pally'... even Simon had a jibe at Piers last night.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Maybe he's jealous of Stephen. It makes sense because Stephen is 10 times the man Piers is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Piers Morgan would sell his own grandmother for a story. Plus he has a long running feud with Ian Hislop. Morgan actually sent photographers to camp out on his front lawn out of spite. He's a horrible human being.
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    sophloz wrote: »
    Piers Morgan would sell his own grandmother for a story. Plus he has a long running feud with Ian Hislop. Morgan actually sent photographers to camp out on his front lawn out of spite. He's a horrible human being.

He did that to Clive Anderson too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Just wondering now did Dr Spin Max Clifford organise The Morgan to get a judging role on the talent shows due to unsavoury information The Morgan may have had on The Cowell.

Cant figure out the dispute between The Fry and The Morgan - unless it has something to do with photographs or a story which was published during Fry's Theatre performance (was it the Cell or something).....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Oh what a wonderful thread.
    I love it to bits, and I SINCERELY hope that the cronies employed by Piers (of this I have no doubt) to trawl through the papers and t'internet looking for snippets and articles etc. on him, pick up on it, and Piers comes to understand just how much people dislike him.
    I don't mean how many, I mean to what extent.

Thanks OP. :)
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    It seems to me that Piers revels in the fact he is hated and has decided to pick on SF as he is a 'national treasure' and it will wind people up more.

Of course, it could be more personal. Who knows with Mr Morgan!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate Morgan too, wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.
    He bears grudges, it used to be Ian Hislop (probably still is too). He used the Mirror to try and dig stuff up on Hislop, due to Private Eye constantly reporting on his stupidity.
    Morgan is such an unpleasant ****, I really wish that he would crawl away and die somewhere.
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE him too! Full of himself and his opinions on others. :mad: Needs to keep his mouth zipped and learn a bit of humility :mad:
    Love Steven Fry, love Hislop..maybe there's something about them which makes him feel inferior in the brain department :cool:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big_bob wrote: »
    its just straight forward Jealousy, Fry is everything Piers wants to be - Witty, intelligent and loved by the public.

I can't stand Piers Morgan. He is such a twunt. His head is so inflated with his own self importance.

What right has he got to call all SF followers on twitter idiotic? Stupid man.
  • Options
    DallyDally Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    To get his name mentioned in the same sentence as Stephen Fry is something of a coup for Piers. Looking at this thread, his strategy worked ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    It seems to me that Piers revels in the fact he is hated and has decided to pick on SF as he is a 'national treasure' and it will wind people up more.

Of course, it could be more personal. Who knows with Mr Morgan!

I'd call Piers a national treasure...

...if there was any chance of getting locked in the Tower of London.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephen has had a long, successful career due to his immense talent, he is a national treasure, and is one of the most intelligent men in showbusiness.

Piers... isn't.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that Piers had his head in his hands, pretending to cry at the NTA's last night when Stephen beat him to that Celebrity Travel show award?

Yes I did see that (pathetic attempt at humour) but I'm sure I also saw him roll his eyes when Stephen mentioned him among the people he was nominated with (just caught the end of the eye roll, I'm almost positive!) and how he was proud to be among such people kind of thing. I've still got it recorded so I'm going to have another look.

After Stephen did THAT to someone who has been so nasty to him about twittering, well lets say I know who's the Gentlemen and who's not. Stephen has risen above all Pier's crap and has risen even higher in my esteem :)

I must admit that I didn't have any problem with Piers Morgan until I saw all that last night. I even enjoyed his travelogues, but his current pettiness in his Mail column about Stephen's twittering and his attitude last night HAS put me off him a bit.

MJ_lives wrote: »
    It still befuddles me how Piers Morgan is a judge on a talent show.

I mean, since when did Piers Morgan have any talent? :confused:

It pays to know the right people doesn't it! Maybe he's got some scandal on Simon Cowell from his newspaper days so Cowell his having to endure him :D
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Piers Morgan hates everyone. That's his gimmick!

I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan hates most people in tv. He's got that bitter quality. He hides it when he does his shows like "Piers in Monaco" or whatever those shows are called but I've always felt he hates all celebrities. Kinda ironic seeing as he's become one. ;)

Jeremy Clarkson punched him at some showbiz event a few years ago. See, everyone loves him! :D
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Morgan is the lowest of the low.

Whenever I see his repulsive coupon on tv I instantly remember when he was a tabloid hack with less charm than a sewer rat.

Some things never change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment...

You could argue Piers isn't really suited to what he does. He used to be editor of The Mirror, he used to go on shows like Question Time and chat about politics and current affairs. Over time he became more interested in celeb culture and when he got fired from his job he was seduced by the dark side of the force (Simon 'Darth' Cowell) and became a tv talent judge. He's not a natural tv type celeb, he's a journalist, so he's a little more scathing and cynical. I think he's hates celebrity culture but loves the perks it gives him! That's my take on him. Perhaps he loves Susan Boyle and Jedward and all the rest! :p But my guess is deep down he loathes 'em.
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Piers Morgan :mad:

I follow SF on twitter... and find him enchanting :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you have any rotten fruit, you're welcome to throw them at this:

http://www.officialpiersmorgan.com/

:p
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate Morgan too, wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.
    He bears grudges, it used to be Ian Hislop (probably still is too). He used the Mirror to try and dig stuff up on Hislop, due to Private Eye constantly reporting on his stupidity.
    Morgan is such an unpleasant ****, I really wish that he would crawl away and die somewhere.

The first time I set eyes on Piers Morgan it was hate at first sight!!:D

Stephen Fry is a national institution.
    Piers Morgan is a national embarrassment...:mad:
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Why does Piers Morgan hate Stephen Fry?
    Why does that odious creature Piers Morgan do anything, including breathe?