Corrie - Norris's parcel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
Forum Member
Does anyone have any thoughts on where this storyline is going? Or is it just an injection of much needed humour?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Father Christmas outfit haha..he is weather field Santa ..or scrooge is more fitting for Norris :p
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did my head in when he was arguing with Kylie over her parcel, whilst the delivery guy was at his front door... So annoying
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    It did my head in when he was arguing with Kylie over her parcel, whilst the delivery guy was at his front door... So annoying
    Classic Corrie Comedy. *rolleyes*
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without spoiling it for anyone the parcel for Norris is quite a nice surprise...
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a pointless plot, how long has it gone on for now 3 weeks?
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the pantomime season
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't they have just given up trying to deliver it now and asked him to collect it? It all seems too far fetched.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    It is beginning to wear a bit thin now but Norris is always good for a bit of comedy!! The contents when we do find out seems a bit of a far fetched s/l too!!
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't he just get red carded or get it delivered to work like every other sod?
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iGeek2014 wrote: »
    Without spoiling it for anyone the parcel for Norris is quite a nice surprise...

Does it contain the actor's P45? That would be a nice surprise.

What with his parcel and the equally unfunny Mary's hissy fit at not being taken to a party followed up with a "hilarious" allergic reaction, I sometimes think this programme is targeted at 8 year olds.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like this storyline, especially the scene in the depot on Friday, but is there any reason we couldn't have had that scene 3 weeks ago? It's the same joke in every episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's going somewhere
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    So after all that, it was a telescope sent his brother who died years ago??? Where on earth are they going with this SL?
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after all that, it was a telescope sent his brother who died years ago??? Where on earth are they going with this SL?

Why does it have to go anywhere?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a dementia storyline for Norris?
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it have to go anywhere?

Quite.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Corrie really, desperately needed another astronomer since Curly left, though!!!! Wonder if he'll take Mary upstairs to "view his telescope" like Curly did with Raquel!! Lol!!
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh boy I was so disappointed! The parcel storyline has kept me wondering for weeks. I thought it might have been something really random like a free poster he won in a competition as a runner up prize
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best bit of the whole storyline for me was the guy at the delivery office who was a busybody and pedantic and when asked his named he replied 'Morris' :D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norris' half-brother died about 4 years ago; are we supposed to believe that the parcel has been in transit all that time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It's a bit of a pointless plot, how long has it gone on for now 3 weeks?

It seems like a lot longer than 3 weeks tbh lol...it is kind of a funny SL to be honest, but with the same punch line & humour in every episode (as an FM has said, already), in which Norris and his parcel features, it just has the habit of wearing a bit thin, imo. Still it's been mildly amusing, at times though :-)