England v Bulgaria and Switzerland

Comments

• LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant believe this match is on sky sports and not itv or bbc!!!!
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased to see Portugal losing so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Football match on Sky Sports - SHOCKER!!"

1988 called and wants it's surprise back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Football match on Sky Sports - SHOCKER!!"

1988 called and wants it's surprise back.

how did i know you'd comment!!!!

internationals are normally shown on terrestial channels so sorry for being shocked!!!!

we arent all rich & can afford to pay for sky sports at the price virgin charges for them
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done Rooney.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member

The FA has nothing to do with the TV rights to this game, as it's Away. It's the Swiss Federation that holds the TV rights, to the game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sky has had exclivsive away rights for a few years, its ashame as i personally think all england games should be free to air

England look much better than how they started against bulgaria

Although Defoe is looking like he is injured dont think he will make the second half
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how did i know you'd comment!!!!

Low-rent psychic?
    internationals are normally shown on terrestial channels so sorry for being shocked!!!!

Not at all. Sky have been showing England championship qualifiers for at least twelve years.
    we arent all rich & can afford to pay for sky sports at the price virgin charges for them

Then don't?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brokendav wrote: »
    sky has had exclivsive away rights for a few years, its ashame as i personally think all england games should be free to air

Although Defoe is looking like he is injured dont think he will make the second half

thank you for answering my question really appreciate it :-)
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Nicely taken goal by Rooney.

One way to silence the headlines. :D

Yeah right:

ROONEY SCORES AWAY FROM HOME!

ENGLAND HERO SCORED HAT-TRICK WITH ME AFTER GAME, SAYS SWISS HOOKER!

:p
    Forum Member

The Home England Internationals, are on FTA, as The FA holds the rights, & the Home England games, where made part of the Crown Jewel Sports a few years ago, so can't be exclusive to Pay TV. The Away Internationals, the Host FA/Federation has the TV rights, so will sell the rights to the highest bidder, & are not on the Crown Jewel list.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Sounds like Walcott's injury could be bad, off to hospital for x rays on his ankle apparently.

England are looking very comfortable though, dangerous down both flanks. Rooney is playing deep again but doesn't seem to be quite as deep as against Bulgaria. Barry and Gerrard combining well in midfield as well.

But wait! The Swiss have a free kick in a dangerous position!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    Yeah right:

ROONEY SCORES AWAY FROM HOME!

ENGLAND HERO SCORED HAT-TRICK WITH ME AFTER GAME, SAYS SWISS HOOKER!

:p

:D:D:D:D:D:D

this post has made up for missing the game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been quite good so far.
  • brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Home England Internationals, are on FTA, as The FA holds the rights, & the Home England games, where made part of the Crown Jewel Sports a few years ago, so can't be exclusive to Pay TV. The Away Internationals, the Host FA/Federation has the TV rights, so will sell the rights to the highest bidder, & are not on the Crown Jewel list.

i thought sky signed a deal a few years ago for the exclisive rights for away matches
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought sky signed a deal a few years ago for the exclisive rights for away matches

that fair enough thats their right but what harm would it do them to let itv or bbc show the highlights off the match??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that fair enough thats their right but what harm would it do them to let itv or bbc show the highlights off the match??

It isn't theirs to give.
    Forum Member

Think that was Setanta UK, who went bust. SKY must have picked up the remainder of the Contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't theirs to give.

ive been reading on another thread in the broadcasting forum & people are discussing why theres no highlights & its cause the bbc & itv arent willing to pay what sky want for the right to highlights??
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Barry and Gerrard both seem reluctant to get forward much, could be deliberate to stay solid in midfield and use the wide players to support attacks instead.

Seems to be working fairly well anyway!
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member

Get a job and you'll be able to afford Sky Sports....
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Come on people, someone must know a cheeky little website showing sky games :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jagielka's beautiful
    Forum Member
    Half Time, impressed with the performance so far, could have been 2 or 3 up.