A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I think when your ready you'll know mimi no rush :)

And anyone hear about what happened in Woolwhich with that guy being attack by apparent jihadists I mean seriously :o

I saw it on Sky News. My aunt lives not far away from Woolwich in a place called Thamesmead. I hope she's alright. That attack should have never happened and I hope whoever did it gets the book thrown at them :mad: Any more suggestions for my story HM? Do you think the plane crew are easy to impersonate or would the impostor plot not really work?
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it on Sky News. My aunt lives not far away from Woolwich in a place called Thamesmead. I hope she's alright. That attack should have never happened and I hope whoever did it gets the book thrown at them :mad: Any more suggestions for my story HM? Do you think the plane crew are easy to impersonate or would the impostor plot not really work?

It's really bizarre whether one of the attackers or not they interviewed a guy with a cleaver and blood visibly on his hands :eek:

And i'm liking it so far you have a good start now just finding what to put in the middle :)
    Forum Member
    It's really bizarre whether one of the attackers or not they interviewed a guy with a cleaver and blood visibly on his hands :eek:

And i'm liking it so far you have a good start now just finding what to put in the middle :)

Ugh that's sick and gruesome :mad: I hear there are riots in Woolwich now. They're discussing it on Sky News. Well I've been working on the plot and I came up with several ideas:

-> Sophie smashes her Mac on the floor after finding out about the plane crew
    -> Her Mac gets stolen in the Apple Store and she runs after the thief. Captain Sully or whatever fictional name I give him turns up and manages to get her stolen Mac back back but the other two members of the plane crew want to sell it for some extra cash
    -> The impostor plane crew steals Sophie's Mac and when the real plane crew arrive and discover the impostors there is chaos. Security is then tightened at the banquet and Sophie and the nerds at the W7 launch have trouble gatecrashing

Which one is the best? I like the impostor one but how could they impersonate three members of the plane crew? They'd need three airline uniforms and they'd have to try and put on American accents to sound like them. Did you look at the photo of them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh that's sick and gruesome :mad: I hear there are riots in Woolwich now. They're discussing it on Sky News. Well I've been working on the plot and I came up with several ideas:

-> Sophie smashes her Mac on the floor after finding out about the plane crew
    -> Her Mac gets stolen in the Apple Store and she runs after the thief. Captain Sully or whatever fictional name I give him turns up and manages to get her stolen Mac back back but the other two members of the plane crew want to sell it for some extra cash
    -> The impostor plane crew steals Sophie's Mac and when the real plane crew arrive and discover the impostors there is chaos. Security is then tightened at the banquet and Sophie and the nerds at the W7 launch have trouble gatecrashing

Which one is the best? I like the impostor one but how could they impersonate three members of the plane crew? They'd need three airline uniforms and they'd have to try and put on American accents to sound like them. Did you look at the photo of them?

It seems to be really going down in London again :o

I like the impostor one two as there is scope for a short of die hard thing with a hostage situation at the baquet in whcih the nerds must save everyone with their technology but as you say its hard to get the impostors in plausibly.
    Forum Member
    It seems to be really going down in London again :o

I like the impostor one two as there is scope for a short of die hard thing with a hostage situation at the baquet in whcih the nerds must save everyone with their technology but as you say its hard to get the impostors in plausibly.

It seems to be. I drove through Woolwich when going up to my aunt's house. I should text her and see if she's ok. I think that sounds cool. Maybe the impostor plane crew holds everyone at the banquet, including the real crew, hostage. The nerds from the Windows 7 launch come along and manage to save everyone and Sophie and the nerds become the real heroes. Sophie even becomes a friend to one of the flight attendants (the one she calls a tosser) after saving her from the impostors. Meanwhile, the impostors are dragged away to the police station and quizzed. I think the story could become a nice drama/action story. It would be hard to get the impostors in but I could work on it. I know what the real crew look like, thanks to Google, so I'd just use the descriptions of them for the impostors. Would the impostors use the names of the actual plane crew?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't quite tell what is happening it isnt like a noral terrorist attack they seemt o have attacked a soldier is all that i can gather.

And sounds great what i was thinking is you could make the impostors spy's then it'd be easier for them to be disguised as they would have more opportunity for that sort of thing :)
    Forum Member
    I can't quite tell what is happening it isnt like a noral terrorist attack they seemt o have attacked a soldier is all that i can gather.

And sounds great what i was thinking is you could make the impostors spy's then it'd be easier for them to be disguised as they would have more opportunity for that sort of thing :)

They said on the news that there was a good chance it was a terrorist attack, but IIRC the man they killed was a soldier from the army barracks in Woolwich. Yeah that would add a spy element to the story :D How about a James Bond crossover-type story?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They said on the news that there was a good chance it was a terrorist attack, but IIRC the man they killed was a soldier from the army barracks in Woolwich. Yeah that would add a spy element to the story :D How about a James Bond crossover-type story?

It's just bizarre how in the worlddid they think it would A) Change the war and B) get away with it they'll either get kicked out and shipped home to be tortured or thrown in jail it makesno sense what so ever.

And i like, like they inadvertantly get caught up in international espionage can make it into a series ;)
    Forum Member
    It's just bizarre how in the worlddid they think it would A) Change the war and B) get away with it they'll either get kicked out and shipped home to be tortured or thrown in jail it makesno sense what so ever.

And i like, like they inadvertantly get caught up in international espionage can make it into a series ;)

I don't know really, but I hope they suffer in jail for what they did. I could write several stories and it doesn't have to end after the banquet and the Windows 7 launch. Maybe the crew give up their airline jobs and become spies ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know really, but I hope they suffer in jail for what they did. I could write several stories and it doesn't have to end after the banquet and the Windows 7 launch. Maybe the crew give up their airline jobs and become spies ;)

In this country they'd probably get 5 years 2 with parole :p

And i know it is becoming quite the saga :p
    Forum Member
    In this country they'd probably get 5 years 2 with parole :p

And i know it is becoming quite the saga :p

I hope not. That sentence would be too soft on them :mad: I hope they get life without parole. Oh it is :p It needs work though. I have to expand on the Apple Store scene. Who steals Sophie's Mac? Is it one of the impostors? And what part do the nerds play in the plane crew's spy operations?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they probably will get a hefty sentence one would hope anyway. And also it was the english Defence League rioting a bunch of racists with no concept of what happened other than they aint white get em :D

It has to be someone unconnected and the impostors saving the day and her becoming suspcicious at the banquet like a feeling something doesn't quite add up and she investigates frther alerting the other nerds to her findings it makes sense fits and furthers the stories narrative arc ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning All :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Just finished the last of my exams! So great to have that weight off of my shoulders :D

Got tickets yesterday to see Imagine Dragons in November too :)

Now I will throw myself into listening to loads of new music, I intend to listen to all of Joni Mitchell's albums and possibly visit some other things
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How's you CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    I'm ok, but I haven't done any more on the story yet apart from write down some character details in a notebook. I have it upstairs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awe cool at least your getting the details down you don't really need to write it until you've plotted it which is half the fun :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How's Everyone :)?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blasted my Buffy: Radio SUnnydale album earlier....brought me back to the late 90s/early 00s mode...so i have the Ray of Light album on BLAST!!

Refreshing, re-energising....also after hearing Nikka Costa - Everybody got Their Something on the Buffy album i really am considering checking this album out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everybody-Their-Something-Nikka-Costa/dp/B00005B0S6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369327245&sr=8-1&keywords=nikka+costa

WOrthy price i reckon...plus reminds me a bit of M and some Jamiroquai too! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go for ti JP not a bad price anything under a tenner always a bargain :p

Totally in a Riri mood got her on blast woman makes a solid pop tune :p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Evening.

I'm looking at job websites. I think I'm finished at my current workplace; I've had enough. They treat the staff unfairly. I've been saying it for a while, to be honest. :( Legally I only have to give a week's notice as I've never signed a contract. I think that it is the motivation that I need to pass my driving test!

Hope you're all well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just don't quit before you find another job Mimi there is serious competition and the last thing you want is to be unemployed :)

And yeah i'm good thanks
    Forum Member
    Awe cool at least your getting the details down you don't really need to write it until you've plotted it which is half the fun :)

I think that makes sense :cool: I need to know what I'm writing before I start typing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha somehow that does make sense more so than blindly writing whatever :p
This discussion has been closed.