Should Natalie have lied about/downplayed her dance training?

j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
Forum Member
Natalie probably thought she was doing the right thing by being honest, but I'm not so sure. She isn't given much credit for her good dances, as she's expected to dance well.

Denise was criticised last year for seemingly downplaying her experience, but Natalie has been crucified on here when she has been honest. Denise was a well-known figure and couldn't get away with anything; I feel like Natalie could have fudged the issue a bit. OK, it's obvious she had had training, though she didn't really have to admit that she wanted to be a professional dancer.

Many other celebrities have had experience and I feel like they've glossed over/lied about it. Kara wasn't slated for her experience, as she didn't really talk about it. The whole thing seems very unfair to me.

Comments

• hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Natalie probably thought she was doing the right thing by being honest, but I'm not so sure. She isn't given much credit for her good dances, as she's expected to dance well.

Denise was criticised last year for seemingly downplaying her experience, but Natalie has been crucified on here when she has been honest. Denise was a well-known figure and couldn't get away with anything; I feel like Natalie could have fudged the issue a bit. OK, it's obvious she had had training, though she didn't really have to admit that she wanted to be a professional dancer.

Many other celebrities have had experience and I feel like they've glossed over/lied about it. Kara wasn't slated for her experience, as she didn't really talk about it. The whole thing seems very unfair to me.

She did say in an interview that she had exaggerated on her CV and she wish she had updated it recently. Some Natalie knockers will probably say she would say that but I actually believe her.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    If she lied she would then be accused of being a liar. The poor girl cannot win.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »

Should she have played it down? No, her previous experience has nothing to do with why I've not really connected to her dances or her partnership with Artem.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    If she lied she would then be accused of being a liar. The poor girl cannot win.

I think a lot of previous contestants have lied about their experience without any repercussions though. She has still been torn to pieces on here this year.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    She did say in an interview that she had exaggerated on her CV and she wish she had updated it recently. Some Natalie knockers will probably say she would say that but I actually believe her.

I believe her. :)
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Natalie feels better being honest.

Maybe she's also being honest when she said that for her it's been all about reconnecting with dance - albeit in a different form from those in which she had some training - with someone of such a high calibre as Artem.

Of all of them, I believe her most when they say it's about taking part in SCD and not winning.

I also think that Sophie has done just as well in Strictly whether she wins or not by showing a wider audience what a charming and quirky personality she has.