Forest Weekend Away with Hot Tub

jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
Forum Member
Hi,

Need some help please..

I'm looking at booking a nice 3-4 getaway ideally in a nice little house in the middle of the forest, with a hot tub, and all the little luxuries you get such as TV, DVD, WI-FI etc etc.

I've looked at companies such as Forest Holidays but they seem to have lots of little extras for things such as film rental, expensive on-site supermarket, wi-fi…I don't mind paying £450-£550 for four days but ideally everything included, not to far from London, and just very quiet - no kids - traffic etc.

If anyone can recommended a company please let me know, we're looking at going away in November - with two double rooms. ta

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Try this place http://www.eyekettlebylakes.com not in the middle of a forest but serious luxury and hot tubs . . .
  • jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    zaali wrote: »
    Try this place http://www.eyekettlebylakes.com not in the middle of a forest but serious luxury and hot tubs . . .

Nice suggestion - thank you

Not really for us, not into fishing and not private enough we need more woods/forest. It all looks too man made.
  • hazy-dayshazy-days Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say we booked a cabin with Forest Holidays in Sherwood and it was pure heaven. The TV entertainment package is £30 I think but well worth it if you get some rainy days or want some lazy evenings. We didn't find the supermarket that expensive but if you wanted to cut costs simply shop before you go and take it with you. We bought the majority of the food in advance. But the shop onsite is handy because you really are in the middle of nowhere.

The only other extra costs were activities and and pampering - all optional and we didn't do any of it.

Ugh just talking about this makes me want to go back! Must start saving again.

Sorry I can't be of more help, just wanted to say that we used them and found them fantastic from start to finish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Nice suggestion - thank you

Not really for us, not into fishing and not private enough we need more woods/forest. It all looks too man made.

Didn't fish when I went there, just made use of the lovely lodge and restaurant on site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry not much help, but I've just had a look,at the forest site and I'm tempted to book a cabin. Looks nice with the hot tub and all the forest around.
    It's only about an hour drive away from us as well.
    It seems to be cheaper in December are your dates flexible?
  • jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Sorry not much help, but I've just had a look,at the forest site and I'm tempted to book a cabin. Looks nice with the hot tub and all the forest around.
    It's only about an hour drive away from us as well.
    It seems to be cheaper in December are your dates flexible?

Thats interesting about December and my dates are flexible.

I've been checking the reviews about Forest Holidays the results are similar but two parks seem to have even better results.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, I saw the words 'forest weekend away' and 'hot tub' and automatically thought 'swinging' ;)

I'm very disappointed ;)
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Forest Holidays, I think there's one in the Forest of Dean!