EE spoilers: Will Linda go through with it?

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
The pregnancy?

Will the pregnancy test turn out to be wrong, will she have an abortion or will we have a baby Carter in nine months? Does anyone know? I'm very confused - I feel as if that it only being used as a plot device.

Comments

• Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I know this will sound terrible but I hope she doesn't keep the baby, there are far too many pregnancies and babies circulating Albert Square at the mo and I don't think adding a baby to this story will benefit it in anyway. I think they should have just kept it as Linda trying to cope with her ordeal and eventually the reveal. It seems to me they havemade her pregnant just for a 'who is the daddy' story between Mick and Dean, it was not needed imo.
  • Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll assume it's Dean's and have an abortion. Can't say I'd blame her either, as the poor woman's being through enough :(
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Mick didn't want any more children, so it would be a twist if he sussed out she was pregnant and was really happy about it. Linda goes through with it to keep Mich happy, but cannot bond with the baby, as she is convinced it is Deans'. Everyone will assume she has postnatal depression and keep trying to coax her to interact with the baby and then she will probably blurt it all out about Dean raping her.
  • mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, just had a thought...

Linda, baby, DNA test, Mick, Dean... ?

Is that when the truth will come out, or does that seem a bit far-fetched? (Bear in mind this is EastEnders and not any form of reality)
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody once said that DTC loves babies so I think that she will keep the baby. We have three baby boys on the Square and one baby girl so I think Linda will have a girl. If the baby is Dean's, I think Mick will still love her and raise her as his own as he doesn't blame the child for how she was conceived. I hope the baby is Dean because it means that Tosh won't be pregnant.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this part of the storyline is unnecessary. The rape itself was dramatic enough. This just screams sensationalism. Knowing DTC she'll likely have the baby so that's another unseen kid to add to the long list.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is I thought when this story line was written it was done so with the co-operation of a charity to highlight the importance of victims speaking out and telling what happened. The above speculation makes it sound like EE are going to twist this into some sort of 9 month sick whodunnit.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I think this part of the storyline is unnecessary. The rape itself was dramatic enough. This just screams sensationalism. Knowing DTC she'll likely have the baby so that's another unseen kid to add to the long list.

I too am really unkeen on the pregnancy "which brother is the father" aspect of the storyline,seems unnecessary especially as Deans likely to be leaving soon anyway.

The rape storyline is enough in itself and could provide a treasure trove of top standard hard hitting drama.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

Totally agree. Spot on. It is completely unnecessary and in bad taste imo. The rape to me should focus on gritty character based drama and not descend into a 'who's the daddy?' story.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody once said that DTC loves babies so I think that she will keep the baby. We have three baby boys on the Square and one baby girl so I think Linda will have a girl. If the baby is Dean's, I think Mick will still love her and raise her as his own as he doesn't blame the child for how she was conceived. I hope the baby is Dean because it means that Tosh won't be pregnant.

why not? in fact three women could be pregnant at the same time with babies fathered by Dean - Linda Tosh and Lauren :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh no, can't believe they are going to do this. I thought that it might happen after Linda saying she wanted another baby a while back. The story is harrowing enough to add this into the mix :(