Willow Smith (Will Smith's daughter) new single

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
Forum Member
http://necolebitchie.com/2010/09/07/bitchie-pod-willow-smith-whip-my-hair/

called Whip My Hair. Only 9 years old, she just slayed all the greats.

Comments

• Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she sounds older than 9..
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,987
    Forum Member
    9 years old and releasing a single? :confused: shouldn't she be focusing on her education and being a child rather than making music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness, it's not like she's really being pushed into being a child popstar.

The vocals were probably done on a boring, rainy afternoon as a bit of a laugh, and sent to the producer to actually make the song.

It's not bad, either! Quite catchy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a really good song, suprisingly. But she doesn't sound like a 9 year old and some of the lyrics do not suit her and just jar with her age.
    E.g. "All my ladies", I mean she's 9 years old for god's sake, she shouldn't be addressing women as ladies! Girls maybe but ladies, never.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about posting this but thought people would ignore it. Not bad for a 9 year old lol. She does sound older. She's got swag too lol.

She's said to be signed to Jay Z's label.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/09/song-willow-smith-whip-hair/#more-19125
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    http://necolebitchie.com/2010/09/07/bitchie-pod-willow-smith-whip-my-hair/

called Whip My Hair. Only 9 years old, she just slayed all the greats.

9 years old? Jesus! :eek: What is happening to the youth of today? She should be in school and having fun with her friends. That's real life, not being a wannabe mini pop star. The same thing can be said for Justin Beiber when he first came on the scene when he was 14yo. Singing about things they don't understand and saying words they have no real meaning of or can possibly relate to. It's just sad.
  • Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hooot song
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    It's a really good song, suprisingly. But she doesn't sound like a 9 year old and some of the lyrics do not suit her and just jar with her age.
    E.g. "All my ladies", I mean she's 9 years old for god's sake, she shouldn't be addressing women as ladies! Girls maybe but ladies, never.

I just don't know what this girl is trying to prove. She runs around in these tight up clothes acting like she some hot property or something. Someone needs to slap her. You're 9 darling get a grip...

As for the song, its a bit generic, I've been served some of the same 'swag' from the likes of Teairra Mari, Ciara, Rihanna, Ester Dean, Keri Hilson and Beyonce before. So a 9 year old propped up by a bit of Melodyne isn't really that impressive.

Stay in school...SMH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I just don't know what this girl is trying to prove. She runs around in these tight up clothes acting like she some hot property or something. Someone needs to slap her. You're 9 darling get a grip...

As for the song, its a bit generic, I've been served some of the same 'swag' from the likes of Teairra Mari, Ciara, Rihanna, Ester Dean, Keri Hilson and Beyonce before. So a 9 year old propped up by a bit of Melodyne isn't really that impressive.

Stay in school...SMH

she dress that way because her PARENT allow it
    but I agree she act and dress inappropriate for a nine year old. :cool:
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nepotism, don't you just love it?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nepotism, don't you just love it?

Exactly! And Jay-Z dropped this girl to replace her with this 9 year old. She shouldn't be running her mouth about whipping hair and who knows what else at her age. Its not right.

Unfortunately that family is far to absorbed in showbiz to stop it. Its sad seeing this kid dressed up like a handbag h***y and acting like she full grown. She should be trying to live as normal a life as possible...:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it. Catchy fun song. Her age shouldn't be that important, as long as she is still getting her education and this is something she feels she wants to do, what's the issue. As long as they don't try to sexualise her.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spare the world the over-confident smarmy fruits of Will Smith's loins. Someone. Please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    wow. she's good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I know she's young, but this song is FIRE. Especially the hook!
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a Good tune regardless how old she is, people need to stop hating and let the girl do her thing, with two famous parents she was never gonna be a normal 9 year old anyway, if she has the talent, why deny her.
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9 :eek:

She's got a deeper voice than Justin Bieber
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Kinda cheesy but it is a 9 year old, and not only that, Will Smith's 9 year old daughter. It certainly wasn't going to be risque.

It's better than Rihanna's new song but that isn't saying much
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's awesome.
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a Good tune regardless how old she is, people need to stop hating and let the girl do her thing, with two famous parents she was never gonna be a normal 9 year old anyway, if she has the talent, why deny her.

I agree it's a good tune and she has talent but so do tons of 9 year old kids who don't have the luxury of rich well connected family to get them a career and personally I'd rather see more of those kind of kids than spoilt smug celebrity spawn.

I though Will Smith was a well rounded, down to earth guy who would want his kids to grow up normal and experience real life and it's struggles... I guess my problem is more with him than the kid. I used to really admire him tbh, now he represents everything I hate about this world, nepotism, the rich and famous just looking after themselves, standing in the way of other less fortunate people working their way up and sharing the wealth.

She seems like a talented girl, but it would have been nicer to see her have to work a bit harder and develop her talent before she got to start making records... it's a rites of passage that these kids are just bypassing because of their parents, totally f'd up.

Will Smith you disappoint me :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright, she has a good voice but...she's just too young. I mean look at that styling eeekk! 9 year olds should not have shaved heads like that, seriously. She's just a baby, I hope she waits till she's 16 at least before really trying to start a career.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I don't really see nothing wrong with what she's wearing and I don't think there's anything wrong with her doing some music. It could just have been for a bit of fun.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    the daughter in music and the son in films..seems like the family want to push showbiz onto the kids..why not let her be a child and then guide her on how to be in the business when she's old enough to understand it all
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow Smith has successfully s--ted on every single baldheaded singer out there. Will Smith and Jada Pinket Smith are creating a dynasty full of talented little runts and Willow Smith is a certified monster, believe. By the time she's 16 she will have shut down every single R'n'B chick in the game, know this. If I was Rihanna, Keri Hilson, Ciara, Teairra Mari or any other R'n'B chick out there I would be absolutely devastated listening to this single and seeing how it's from a 9 year old of all people. What can any 9 year old that you lot personally know do? I bet he or she can barely remember his or her own birthday or know how to tie their own shoelaces on their own, let alone knock out a track like this. Do not ignore this my fellow Digital Spy forum members, this is a certified club banger with instant Gary Coleman status, real talk
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's talented, what's wrong with it? It's not like she's going to be working 24/7, they'll keep her on a leash until she's like 16. Hopefully they avoid making her the next Hannah Montana.