15% 80 votes
Poor
7% 39 votes
Very Poor
3% 20 votes

Comments

• CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Hmm. Could be a very telling turn of phrase in the Danny Pink introduction to Clara clip.

Maybe...possibly...probably not..reading too much in to it...probably:)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost time to see some Daleks doing proper Dalek-y stuff for the first time in over four years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Could be a very telling turn of phrase in the Danny Pink introduction to Clara clip.

Maybe...possibly...probably not..reading too much in to it...probably:)

Speaking of that clip... pretty natural. No score. What's wrong with a bit of peace? More of this :)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I hope they manage to squeeze a decent plot into 45 minutes.
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Speaking of that clip... pretty natural. No score. What's wrong with a bit of peace? More of this :)

Aye. It will be interesting to hear Murray Golds approach to the new series as he took different approaches to both Tennant and Smiths. Big recurring themes aside, Tennant's was very heavy on incidental music for a lot of scenes. Smiths, whilst still there, was more subtle at times, more atomspheric (frozen Tardis scene in Amy's choice springs to mind) than the sometimes quirky and jaunty incidental music of Tennant era.

A sweeping generalisation I know but I hope you get my drift.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye. It will be interesting to hear Murray Golds approach to the new series as he took different approaches to both Tennant and Smiths. Big recurring themes aside, Tennant's was very heavy on incidental music for a lot of scenes. Smiths, whilst still there, was more subtle at times, more atomspheric (frozen Tardis scene in Amy's choice springs to mind) than the sometimes quirky and jaunty incidental music of Tennant era.

A sweeping generalisation I know but I hope you get my drift.:)

My biggest problem with the score recently is that "I Am The Doctor" was becoming an all-too easy "go to" track. Plenty of poignant scenes which were unnecessary pierced. Fantastic piece of work by Gold, but poorly utilized sometimes.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched a clip and thought The Doctor was talking a little fast but maybe he was in a rush.:D
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    My biggest problem with the score recently is that "I Am The Doctor" was becoming an all-too easy "go to" track. Plenty of poignant scenes which were unnecessary pierced. Fantastic piece of work by Gold, but poorly utilized sometimes.

Aye. I kind of get what you mean. Having only seen series 6/7 at the time of broadcast, I cant really say if I noticed it's overuse or not.

It is a corking piece of music thought. One of his best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some words from Phil Ford
    "It was entertaining but really difficult. I mean, it always is. When you write for any character that is completely new…. Steven had fed me guides, though. When I did the first draft, I think, we were kind of talking more about Tom Baker’s Doctor. So I basically wrote the first draft for Tom Baker! Then we started talking about a raging Billy Connolly, and that was much more of a guide! I think I’m right in saying they were the first scripts to be delivered, so Steven was still getting his head around the Doctor, I think.”
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few people had difficulty understanding Peter Capaldi in one of the clips they released and, honestly, I had to play it over again too. I think it's only an issue when he's talking quite quickly though, he's perfectly understandable when he's talking at a normal pace.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    A few people had difficulty understanding Peter Capaldi in one of the clips they released and, honestly, I had to play it over again too. I think it's only an issue when he's talking quite quickly though, he's perfectly understandable when he's talking at a normal pace.

Steven Moffat has said that with Matt Smith they had written his first few episodes as "generic" Doctor Who episodes to see what would and would not work. So, presumably they are doing the same for Peter Capaldi. Therefore, some of his early episodes will contain fast pace dialogue, but when they realise this is causing problems they will slow the pace of the dialogue.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Iqbal_M wrote: »

No idea why you put links in spoiler and please don't put the word DISCUSS. We don't need to be told to discuss
  • StarsabovemeStarsaboveme Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »
    No idea why you put links in spoiler and please don't put the word DISCUSS. We don't need to be told to discuss

No idea why you need to be so rude. The OP said he/she had never set up an official episode discussion thread before, way to encourage them...!
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea why you need to be so rude. The OP said he/she had never set up an official episode discussion thread before, way to encourage them...!

Some of the people with 6,000+ posts think they have a right to be rude - it gives them a sense of superiority. Personally I think they come across as complete idiots with no social skills what so ever.

Anyway, there were some nice previews there - some of which I hadn't seen. i like Clara's blouse. Interesting pattern on it:
    Lots of eyes

Wonder if it means anything - discuss :p

I'm totally looking forward to the episode tonight - it's going to be a goodun :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    They're back, or should I say "It is back"...THE DALEK.

Will they ever be eliminated and die, but then again, Doctor Who wouldn't be Doctor Who, without the Dalek.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »

I put the links in spoilers because there are people watch an episode of Doctor Who not wanting to see anything in advance, so it helps such people to exercise discretion. And as for the use of the word 'discuss', I use that word just to introduce the thread.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    Hmm. Could be a very telling turn of phrase in the Danny Pink introduction to Clara clip. Maybe...possibly...probably not..reading too much in to it...probably:)

Hello - this is Danny Pink. He's going to
    MURDER YOU!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »

47m08s

Another example of an edit being the minimum it NEEDS to be?.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »

I think having 7 episodes at 75-80 min long would be a better idea now last Saturday's episode was a good length!

They could also do the cinema thing for each one then too!
    In fact if they showed episodes every two weeks, then they could have each episode show at the cinema for a week and premier them when they show on TV!
    If they needed to they could make the last one the Christmas special at 90min long and show that at the cinema from boxing day to new years.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be a diversion of smoke screens from the headmaster, passing the focus:confused:
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is absolutely terrible. Worst episode I have ever seen! Ever since Capaldi started speaking in Scots I've been fighting the urge to turn the TV off, but now that the Daleks are speaking in Scots too, I think it's time to give up.

(Sorry, just getting in there early ;) )
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    This is absolutely terrible. Worst episode I have ever seen! Ever since Capaldi started speaking in Scots I've been fighting the urge to turn the TV off, but now that the Daleks are speaking in Scots too, I think it's time to give up.

Daleks speaking in Scottish? God help us all if that's true!
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was demanding an Oswin Dalek - Clara lesbian inter species snog! Only reason I watched. Doctor Who is so homophobic these days.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    This is absolutely terrible. Worst episode I have ever seen! Ever since Capaldi started speaking in Scots I've been fighting the urge to turn the TV off, but now that the Daleks are speaking in Scots too, I think it's time to give up. (Sorry, just getting in there early ;) )

Nothing will ever top the German-speaking Daleks in Journey's End!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we don't go into every dalek ever, I'll be upset.