TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grow up

Oh my lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Did they really not get No1? Who beat them? I'm surprised by this after their huge reunion and all that. The Flood is a very good pop song to I must admit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Did they really not get No1? Who beat them?

Rihanna in her THIRD week (which makes her beating them even funnier)

I'm surprised by this after their huge reunion and all that. The Flood is a very good pop song to I must admit.

I think its a terrible song lyrically, NOTHING compared to the singles the band released as a 4 piece in the last few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I think it's a shame, seeing as Rihanna is an awful artist.
  • Options
    cliveb2005cliveb2005 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think its a terrible song lyrically, NOTHING compared to the singles the band released as a 4 piece in the last few years.

Yes - just because they thought a reunion would be great doesn't mean the rest of us have to fall at their feet and let them wallow in what would have been a mediocre No. 1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    I think it's a shame, seeing as Rihanna is an awful artist.
    This ^^^ her song is utter shite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rihanna so I dont agree

I do think Only Girl (in the World) is overrated mind you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooo! My life is now over! They didn't get to number 1. What will I do now!
  • Options
    jeymzjeymz Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually, I wouldn't care...I'm no Take That fan. But rihanna, and her "song", are dire.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rihanna for the WIN!! and its her 3RD WEEK hahahahaha Shame take that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I was expecting The Flood to be a guaranteed number one. Pleasantly suprised it's not although it may shoot up to the top spot next week now that Take That have performed the single on the bloody X Factor.

Glad that Rihanna held on to number one. It's a great song.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I dont think they will be too bothered considering the amount of tickets they have sold for thier tour and the fact the album is going to outsell the rest of the chart by miles.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy about this! I think the song is awful. It also looks like JLS are going to be no.1 next week which is even worse for Take That.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Gary Barlow said the song is dedicated to Noah of the Ark.

He did!

(not really) :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand... What's funny about it? And why does it serve them right?
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand... What's funny about it? And why does it serve them right?

probably because the poster is one of these Take That fans who aren't happy that Robbie "Harbinger of Doom,Bringer of the Oncoming Armageddon" Williams has rejoined their happy little foursome

cant see why its a major big deal myself,for me the song didnt get to number one because it wasnt quite frankly a strong song,far too safe a choice
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a pointless thread. The biggest band in the UK by far at the moment, having just sold out the biggest ever UK tour. I'm sure they'll get over it.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    What a pointless thread. The biggest band in the UK by far at the moment, having just sold out the biggest ever UK tour. I'm sure they'll get over it.

It will be interesting to see their sales figures for Progress, which in terms of pre-orders is on course to be their biggest album yet. I doubt they care that Rihanna kept them from the number 1 single slot, since they will trounce her and all the other competition with album sales.
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see their sales figures for Progress, which in terms of pre-orders is on course to be their biggest album yet. I doubt they care that Rihanna kept them from the number 1 single slot, since they will trounce her and all the other competition with album sales.

They will make far more from their tour than the album anyway. Either way they will make millions each in the next year.
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like The Flood but I haven't bought it as I don't tend to buy singles. Why should a band with album sales and pre-orders and ticket sales like Take That care whether they're #1 or #10 in the singles chart?

I'm more concerned as to what it says about the UK record buying public that such an awful song as The Only Girl In The World by such a terrible singer as Rihanna has been at #1 for three weeks.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It amazes me how many people here still think the singles chart is the thing that matters most in music.

Rihanna's song is designed to appeal to the mass of chart-obsessed kids who go crazy about these generic 'club-pop' songs which are sung by big names, whereas these days Take That mostly appeal to album buyers who care about the music and couldn't care less about the singles chart.

Watch and see how much their album sells this week.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Boohoo, shame. :D

Not enough frustrated middle-aged women rushing out to buy the single then eh?

Glad Rihanna is no. 1.
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I think The Flood is fantastic and fully deserved to go to No.1 this week. Why can't people understand that this is real music where the artists actually write the songs themselves. I like Rihanna but this and all the other chart music in the US sounds plastic.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    probably because the poster is one of these Take That fans who aren't happy that Robbie "Harbinger of Doom,Bringer of the Oncoming Armageddon" Williams has rejoined their happy little foursome

cant see why its a major big deal myself,for me the song didnt get to number one because it wasnt quite frankly a strong song,far too safe a choice

I agree with this. The song just isn't good enough (but the performance of it last night, I must admit, was very good). But as a song in itself ... it doesn't matter if Rob or Gary sang it ... its just very bland and does not stand out at all.

The album is a lot better though.