Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of journalist wrote that title, it's so immature :rolleyes:, it's not even the same hairstyle really.

I have to say Emile crossed my mind when I first saw that hairstyle..
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    aldu wrote: »
    That Jesy and L.A fight is a long awaited one lol.
    The airport might be empty possibly because the time is off peak.
    Let LM enjoy their liberty cause in a few months the story will be completely different...

O.T 'Slip' of Stooshe is fire, the girls really let those vocals loose. RESPECT to them,,,
    LM should take note and come out with at least one motown sort of song with great vocals not only from Perrie but all of them.
    The only one who can be forgiven is 'my' Jesy cause she is contralto...

I love their new single They really needed a good single like that after putting back their album release and the waterfalls cover.

Allot of the radio station the girls are visiting are tweeting out how impressed they are with Little Mix :D
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    This station has had to change it location they say it because of the response they got. I think it was originally meant to being a shopping centre but its been moved to the radio station with limited access now

http://www.b937online.com/Little-Mix-New-Bee-Music-Showcase/15865307
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »

Thanks for that. They sound far better without a mic and standing up... The projection is much better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    This station has had to change it location they say it because of the response they got. I think it was originally meant to being a shopping centre but its been moved to the radio station with limited access now

LOL... Very interesting..

That happened last year at Brent Cross shopping centre North London when they had to shut it for the same reasons b4 that Xfactor boyband (forgot their name) was meant visiting...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Apparently Capital is gonna play HYD at 6am.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of journalist wrote that title, it's so immature :rolleyes:, it's not even the same hairstyle really.

A Sun journalist would :rolleyes:

Is it sad i will wake up early tomorrow just so i can hear the first play of HYD on Radio 1? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    A Sun journalist would :rolleyes:

Is it sad i will wake up early tomorrow just so i can hear the first play of HYD on Radio 1? :D

U go! Dedication!
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    have the girls got another fan event tonight or is that tomorrow
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think the best idea they have had during this radio tour is to sing going nowhere. Whether you like the song or not, it displays everything the girls can do. I have noticed how impressed the radio hosts are after this particular song. Very wise choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    I still think the best idea they have had during this radio tour is to sing going nowhere. Whether you like the song or not, it displays everything the girls can do. I have noticed how impressed the radio hosts are after this particular song. Very wise choice.

Indeed! Plus, they used a guitar in the album version anyway so it was like performing the album track properly rather than just doing an acoustic.
    have the girls got another fan event tonight or is that tomorrow
    Thank that's it for today, they are going to San Antonio soon according to tumblr.

Also regarding the HYD premiere, do we think we'll get the lyric video tomorrow? Usually it comes out the same day as the radio premiere.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Play on Radio 1 after 7:30 AM!
    ♡ Little Mixer HQ ♡‏@LittleMixerHQ7m
    Although, Nick Grimshaw said that he'd be getting the first play of @LittleMixOffic How Ya Doin'? feat. @MissyElliott tomorrow after 7.30am

I will set my alarm for 7:30 then! :( #nutter

I cant believe I am waking up early to just hear a song :eek: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she did Sacramento Aug. 8 because the same radio station is promoting Little Mix on April 1. I keep reading people here saying Lloyd did 100 stations or something but I was wondering how long it took her. Obviously it worked.

I cant say "Cher". To me there is only one Cher and she has been in the biz for 6 decades.

Wow she did 100 stations :eek::eek:.....I do wonder if Columbia is happy with all the gigs booked....they could have had a proper radio tour with a tour bus if everything was not so compact in their diaries.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish they had longer radio tour, 3 weeks is not long enough for me, and I realiy wanted wings to chart high there
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This tour diary made me laugh so hard. I am with Leigh-Anne, move that corn dog away from me. Heart attack on a stick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    I wish they had longer radio tour, 3 weeks is not long enough for me, and I realiy wanted wings to chart high there

Maybe not though. At this time of year school is still in session after Spring Break so staying longer would not get them any crowds during the week. Easter usually marks the end of the break. I think its ok if they come back over and spend time in doses because there might have been some fatigue with a longer stay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »

I never knew this:
    It's was this dedication that carried them through to the live shows. Mind you, their desire to have everything on-point didn't stop there, as Perrie explains: “We knew that we didn't just want to take the songs and just sing them. We put little a cappella break outs in there, we beat- boxed, we rapped. We knew we wanted to stand out.” She tells a story about their first live performance of Nicki Minaj's Super Bass and how Leigh-Anne's startling solo rap section very nearly didn't happen. “With Super Bass, Leigh-Anne had written her own rap and she wasn't allowed to do it because of copyright stuff and I remember we sat up all night and we were ringing everyone and we wouldn't rest until we were allowed to do it. We didn't want to do it otherwise. We were so adamant that we should do the best that we could do.”

BTW I think its kind of crap that in the face of a larger than expected response the station's reaction was to close it down even smaller. That is not going to win them fans. I am really admiring how 107.9 The End Sacramento is handling their event. That station is even going to walk thru the crowd and pick people at random to the M&G on top of their contests.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is this a miracle?!?!
    Im really looking forward to watching the video now
    "Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 1m
    Just watched the little mix video with missy Elliot. It is sensational."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ He speaks!

Wings on iTunes during US radio tour (midnight Eastern time)

Mar. 16 #152
    Mar. 17 #154
    Mar. 18 #157
    Mar. 19 #154
    Mar. 20 #146 (4 AM)
    Mar. 21 #138
    Mar. 22 #140 (3 AM)
    Mar. 23 #130
    Mar. 24 #124
    Mar. 25 #123
    Mar. 26 #147

Quite a drop there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is this a miracle?!?!
    Im really looking forward to watching the video now
    "Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 1m
    Just watched the little mix video with missy Elliot. It is sensational."

I know I almost died of shock. I guess he'll only speak if be is really happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ He speaks!

Wings on iTunes during US radio tour (midnight Eastern time)

Mar. 16 #152
    Mar. 17 #154
    Mar. 18 #157
    Mar. 19 #154
    Mar. 20 #146 (4 AM)
    Mar. 21 #138
    Mar. 22 #140 (3 AM)
    Mar. 23 #130
    Mar. 24 #124
    Mar. 25 #123
    Mar. 26 #147

Quite a drop there.

Sorry for double posting. But I will worry if it doesn't recover this weekend. But I still think its because of newer releases in all genres.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didnt happen last Tues, though...

In any case, they will have moved up on the next Digital 200 charting. Probably in the 130s somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for double posting. But I will worry if it doesn't recover this weekend. But I still think its because of newer releases in all genres.

I think the only major release last week was JT, maybe this week there was more? It seems like Lil Wayne released something because he has a few things in the top 100 and someone else released as well

Have they done radio interviews in the station where they get interview live on air? It seems more M&G.....

If this happened every tuesday...............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they need to do more radio interviews, most they have went to have been eet and greet where the fan will have got the song already
This discussion has been closed.