Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

I still think it's unlikely he is referring to Jedward with his 'CV' comments, not unless he and they had a huge falling out over something and parted on acrimonious terms and we never got to hear about it. But he still works for Louis, which makes me wonder would he really be having a dig at one of his employer's acts via Twitter.

I agree, I don't think he was talking about them either. He seemed to like them back then, and I never got the impression that Liam was the type of person that would do something like this, slam off people publicly. Also, he's not stupid, he knows a lot of Jedward fans are still following him.
    Remember Stalker Sarah? The New York Times has a very interesting profile on her, including details of how she manages to get pics with so many celebs!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/magazine/the-hollywood-fast-life-of-stalker-sarah.html

That's cool for her, but I could never live like that. Being a fan is great and being passionate about something is great, but to live your life chasing celebrities around...
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi I'm back been seriously ill getting better slowly just abit overwhelmed by jedward stuff so much to catch up on! Are the tickets selling well for the tour ?

Nice to see you back :) I think now the mad rush from crazy fans is over they seem to be shifting at a slow and steady pace, but more will go nearer the time..I know some radio stations will be doing promo a little closer to the event :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems a replacement for OMG Jedward's Dream Factory: http://www.rte.ie/trte/pages/unasdreamticket.html
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems a replacement for OMG Jedward's Dream Factory: http://www.rte.ie/trte/pages/unasdreamticket.html

Oh that's disappointing as a Jedward fan - oh well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member

Does this mean no tv-shows for Jedward upcoming season?
    I wonder what's so big that they have decided to stop all their tv-activities in ireland and UK?
    Bet Louis Walsh isn't that happy about it.

Or...maybe it wasn't their choice but the decision of the tv stations.
    Either way their heart lies in music and I have a feeling that they are putting all their cards there.
    Don't know if that's a wise decision, but the twins are stubborn and it's their life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a shame I love jedward dream factory
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Oh that's disappointing as a Jedward fan - oh well

Hi guys, eew Una Healy. I actually know her, her dad is one of our local Gps. Very up herself.
    Looks like the jeds stars has waned a bit to me.You do need to appear on TV to keep your profile up.Perhaps they may do more reality Tv. People are quickly forgotten you know in celeb land and all the tweenies like 1D now.
    When it comes to music, their stuff does not sell well and people don't take them seriously.Perhaps time out of the limelight and doing stuff apart,would help them grow up and mature a bit. I am in favour of whatever is in their best interests

Maybe time out from constant work,to go to Uni and have a normal life, for a bit. Chill with friends, meet girls and be normal young men.
  • Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron I agree with you
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Hi guys, eew Una Healy. I actually know her, her dad is one of our local Gps. Very up herself.
    Looks like the jeds stars has waned a bit to me.You do need to appear on TV to keep your profile up.Perhaps they may do more reality Tv. People are quickly forgotten you know in celeb land and all the tweenies like 1D now.
    When it comes to music, their stuff does not sell well and people don't take them seriously.Perhaps time out of the limelight and doing stuff apart,would help them grow up and mature a bit. I am in favour of whatever is in their best interests

Maybe time out from constant work,to go to Uni and have a normal life, for a bit. Chill with friends, meet girls and be normal young men.

Maybe it was inevitable that their stars would wane in Ireland, where they have had so much exposure and have had a lot of success as teen pop idols. Teenage fans will have grown up or moved on.

As for needing TV work to keep their profile up, isn't it true that for young people today, things like youtube and social networks are just as important if not more so than TV?

Those are areas that the twins have seemed so good at exploiting, and they've had the control to do exactly what they want to do there. But that all seems to be grinding to a halt as well right now. Maybe it's all part of a plan to re-invent themselves as more serious artists?
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    regarding the posibility they are taking some time to plan and re-invent themselves has this been mentioned on here yet?

http://www.musicindustry.ie/blog-2/a-night-for-christy-live-stream/

Ken sweeney was tweeting about it this morning.
    They don't look like Aslan fans. But Jedward join line up 'Night For Christy' & will be backed by Aslan - see Herald http://t.co/Fa6FcEKyMy

some arts critic comments
    @KenSweeney That's not going to go down well at all...

Ken replies
    @chriswasser re Jedward to perform at Christy Benefit. Billy McGuinness reckons Aslan fans will be supportive Jedward singing Aslan tune

same fella replies
    @KenSweeney Fair enough. Will be interesting to see which Aslan tune they pick...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding Dream Factory we have no idea why the decision was made to turn Jedward's Dream Factory into Una's Dream Ticket

Possible theories:

1) The are on Louis Walsh's naughty step and he has turned the Irish media against them.
    2) Susanna is some money mad crazed svengali that has priced them out of the market.
    3) The twins decided the money on offer wasn't enough to scupper their re-branding plans.
    4) The twins decided No amount of money was worth scuppering their re-branding plans.
    5) RTE realised the twins fan base was older than they had thought and two years later were older still, they wanted a kids show.

We have no idea what is going on Planet Jedward really. The twins are clearly playing their cards close to their chest. Poker faces.

The twins have been tweeting a lot of "follow your heart" message tweets. Even if your scared you'll fail, follow your heart message. It might be they are nervous that they are going against at lot of advice and that everything they have built will crumble but they are risk takers. If they aren't happy doing kids TV shows or they believe being kids TV presenters is part of a musical credibility problem if music is where their heart lies what is the point of doing them?

I have always believed they are more serious about music than most people would suspect. Thinking back to those few interviews were they were interviewed seriously and with respect, the writers of such articles always seem to come away shocked how media and career savvy the boys were and impressed that the boys knew exactly who had contributed what to each of their tracks.

They really have been in LA for month meeting and working with people who write and produce songs for people the twins have always admired. These people are taking the time to write songs with them. I have waited a long time to hear a Jedward song written by Jedward. Who knows if they will be any good or not, but I want to hear them.

There has been a lot of negative speculation going on just lately filling the void while the boys hold on to the cards in their hand. Also a lot of talk that those of us who don't believe the boys are all washed up at 21 are delusional. I don't know what is going on either, but I believe the boys think they are sitting on a strong hand and are determined to see the gamble through.

What I have learned from my time on Planet Jedward is the Butterfly effect has some truth in it. So I will continue to flap my wing in that direction. Not saying no one else can fret and flap the other way but I don't see how it will help anything. Serendipity is their alternative band name. Things just seem to work out for them in a way that just doesn't for lesser mortals.

If we had all been sensible and realistic when the twins finished 7th on the X factor then they would have been back at school soon after the X factor Tour finished, have done their leaving cert and would be both be sat under trees at those US colleges on some sports scholarships. That didn't happen.

For all we know they are busy sourcing a live band for tour dates to replace dancers. They could be remote remixing their songs with people back in LA over the internet. Edward is probably editing the Can't Forget You video. Alternatively Edward might be spending all day sobbing into a pillow over Dream Factory while John posts selfies to instagram for an ego boost and to stay in touch with a fickle and dwindling fanbase.

But I don't believe they are vegging out on the sofa having a Grand Theft Auto marathon, although they might be, I don't know. But I believe they don't know how to give up on their shared dream. Also that they don't know how, or want, to do anything else. They have the mentality of trained distance runners, you have to pace yourself and have some left in the tank for the big finish. And if you lose one race forget about it and start training for the next one, there is always another race. And even if they don't ever win a race they'll make sure they had fun running in each race.

Sorry for mammoth post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *standing ovation*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant post River, wish I could favourite it or something. Thank you.

Here's a bit more of info about the Aslan concert:
    http://www.jedwardgenius.com/apps/blog/show/28143659-jedward-to-team-up-with-aslan-at-night-for-christy-benefit-gig

"John and Edward approached the committee organising the Christy show and asked if they could help and we agreed.

"We're grateful to have them on the bill. Aslan fans should be, too, and the band will be rehearsing with Jedward next week, which should be interesting."
  • Options
    AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant post River, wish I could favourite it or something. Thank you.

Here's a bit more of info about the Aslan concert:
    http://www.jedwardgenius.com/apps/blog/show/28143659-jedward-to-team-up-with-aslan-at-night-for-christy-benefit-gig

"John and Edward approached the committee organising the Christy show and asked if they could help and we agreed.

"We're grateful to have them on the bill. Aslan fans should be, too, and the band will be rehearsing with Jedward next week, which should be interesting."
    I second that, great post - that must have taken some time to type !!!;)

And I have no idea what the Christy show is, or Aslan ?? I'll have a look at this other link.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Amazing post River ;)

I've heard of Aslan before, and I like their stuff, so I'm very excited that Jeds will be performing with them, it will be great exposure for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Great post River.
    Reading this you can only admire Jedward's determination to do it this time on their own conditions.
    They are truly unique.
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience working in the telly, the producer of a high-rating TV show doesn't drop a successful host and rebrand itself just on a whim. I'd say Tyrone productions would have loved the Jeds to come back for a third successful series, but the Jeds said no.

I think it's all part of being 21 - as they and their fanbase get older, the Jeds are slowly moving away from children's entertainment and to more grown-up things. That's why they're doing the Christy benefit concert, something that will see them performing with celebrated Irish indie rock musicians, another step to a more - gulp - mature Jed experience! :)

PS: River_Tam, that was a brilliant post. I agree with your thoughts!
  • Options
    ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Regarding Dream Factory we have no idea why the decision was made to turn Jedward's Dream Factory into Una's Dream Ticket

Possible theories:

1) The are on Louis Walsh's naughty step and he has turned the Irish media against them.
    2) Susanna is some money mad crazed svengali that has priced them out of the market.
    3) The twins decided the money on offer wasn't enough to scupper their re-branding plans.
    4) The twins decided No amount of money was worth scuppering their re-branding plans.
    5) RTE realised the twins fan base was older than they had thought and two years later were older still, they wanted a kids show.

We have no idea what is going on Planet Jedward really. The twins are clearly playing their cards close to their chest. Poker faces.

The twins have been tweeting a lot of "follow your heart" message tweets. Even if your scared you'll fail, follow your heart message. It might be they are nervous that they are going against at lot of advice and that everything they have built will crumble but they are risk takers. If they aren't happy doing kids TV shows or they believe being kids TV presenters is part of a musical credibility problem if music is where their heart lies what is the point of doing them?

I have always believed they are more serious about music than most people would suspect. Thinking back to those few interviews were they were interviewed seriously and with respect, the writers of such articles always seem to come away shocked how media and career savvy the boys were and impressed that the boys knew exactly who had contributed what to each of their tracks.

They really have been in LA for month meeting and working with people who write and produce songs for people the twins have always admired. These people are taking the time to write songs with them. I have waited a long time to hear a Jedward song written by Jedward. Who knows if they will be any good or not, but I want to hear them.

There has been a lot of negative speculation going on just lately filling the void while the boys hold on to the cards in their hand. Also a lot of talk that those of us who don't believe the boys are all washed up at 21 are delusional. I don't know what is going on either, but I believe the boys think they are sitting on a strong hand and are determined to see the gamble through.

What I have learned from my time on Planet Jedward is the Butterfly effect has some truth in it. So I will continue to flap my wing in that direction. Not saying no one else can fret and flap the other way but I don't see how it will help anything. Serendipity is their alternative band name. Things just seem to work out for them in a way that just doesn't for lesser mortals.

If we had all been sensible and realistic when the twins finished 7th on the X factor then they would have been back at school soon after the X factor Tour finished, have done their leaving cert and would be both be sat under trees at those US colleges on some sports scholarships. That didn't happen.

For all we know they are busy sourcing a live band for tour dates to replace dancers. They could be remote remixing their songs with people back in LA over the internet. Edward is probably editing the Can't Forget You video. Alternatively Edward might be spending all day sobbing into a pillow over Dream Factory while John posts selfies to instagram for an ego boost and to stay in touch with a fickle and dwindling fanbase.

But I don't believe they are vegging out on the sofa having a Grand Theft Auto marathon, although they might be, I don't know. But I believe they don't know how to give up on their shared dream. Also that they don't know how, or want, to do anything else. They have the mentality of trained distance runners, you have to pace yourself and have some left in the tank for the big finish. And if you lose one race forget about it and start training for the next one, there is always another race. And even if they don't ever win a race they'll make sure they had fun running in each race.

Sorry for mammoth post.

Perfect River. Well said :)
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedward video from Dolly mag "Top 4 Rules for Life" http://youtu.be/1EYzN_trBOg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why they're doing the Christy benefit concert, something that will see them performing with celebrated Irish indie rock musicians, another step to a more - gulp - mature Jed experience! :)
    If it's successful, and the twins actually blend well with the live band imagine the good press about it. Surprised people in the concert, positive feedback from the media... it'd be a really good move from them. We know they can sing live, it'd be nice if other people knew too.
    dechecho wrote: »
    Jedward video from Dolly mag "Top 4 Rules for Life" http://youtu.be/1EYzN_trBOg
    Thank you!

From last night Toronto-spam, Fashion mag Fajo seems interested in the twins and now they're following each other.
    @FajoMagazine
    @planetjedward Hi guys - thanks for connecting! How do we get in touch with your publicist? Can you DM us his/her contact info? Thanks

They also got replies from Verve Girl Mag (Teen Mag who already wanted to contact them the previous time they were in Canada) and Toronto Fashion Week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    LisaHafey wrote: »
    *standing ovation*

Yup, ditto.

On another note, I've been buying Father's Day presents today on behalf of my children and realised I'm subconsciously dressing my husband up as Jedward. Is that wrong?
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing post River ;)

I've heard of Aslan before, and I like their stuff, so I'm very excited that Jeds will be performing with them, it will be great exposure for them.

This is so excited I hope they're excited I'm excited.

Performing with a real live band - isn't that what we've wanted for them. Fingers crossed for a great song choice and performance.

What a shame we can't see it live but I'm hoping it finds it's way to YT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lula45 wrote: »
    On another note, I've been buying Father's Day presents today on behalf of my children and realised I'm subconsciously dressing my husband up as Jedward. Is that wrong?
    I don't know if wrong, but I bet it's interesting :D
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Performing with a real live band - isn't that what we've wanted for them. Fingers crossed for a great song choice and performance.

What a shame we can't see it live but I'm hoping it finds it's way to YT.
    I can't wait to hear them with the live band, hope the audience/Aslan fans give them a chance. I think some fans will be in the Olympia so hopefully we'll have videos
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That point your phone at a magazine and a video appears thing is amazing. I had no idea of such a hidden little world.

Glad most of us are on the same page and flapping our wings accordingly.
    Momma Jedward was on quite the RT cheer campaign last night.

The only Aslan song I know is Crazy World. I hope whatever song they do pick does end up on YouTube.
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »

Possible theories:

Sorry for mammoth post.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party! But great post! I feel like giving you a standing ovation :D
This discussion has been closed.