Options

Guinea Pig Problem:

Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well last night after I got home from attending my day centre I noticed one of my little boys was not his usual lively self, he was able to eat and drink but whereas he has normally been the one to race through his food he has suddenly begun taking his time over eating.

I saw him this afternoon soon after getting up and Mum said he was taking his time eating a treat this morning and when I saw him taking his time eating one bit of hey I thought that's it, so we have taken him to the vets.

On examination they said that he has got some food stuck around his bottom teeth, I'm not sure whether they removed it but they gave him an injection[painkiller] and said if he gets any worse and stops eating and drinking or is not doing a poo to let them know.

But they said to take him back on Monday and so I have booked him in for 9am, but what could be wrong with him?, has anyone else had the same problem?. One thing I have found is that I have taken pets to be seen in the past that have had problems and after an injection have got worse and it makes you wonder what the right thing to do is.

Having said that if they are suffering I would not like them to go on suffering and want to do my best by them, anyway I look forward to your input.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Dental disease is fairly common and can cause real problems. If he's not eating well then there is a liquid diet available called Supreme Science Recovery which is excellent.