Options

Simon Cowell GAY proof

Comments

• Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Surely the issue isn't whether he's gay or straight, more the BS act he ( may or may not) put on in public??
    I've no idea whether his girlfriends are genuine or not, but if not this completely trashed his "straight talking" image. Aka he's been selling the public a pup. THIS is the issue surely, rather than his sexuality??

That's pretty similar to my own take on it. I don't know what his sexuality is, but I am quite sure the "relationships" he has - quite deliberately - put on public display are not exactly what they're claimed to be.

I keep going on about it, but the Mezghan engagement in particular... nothing about that seemed remotely genuine.

He's not breaking any laws, of course - if it's important to him to parade a series of girlfriends, even the odd engagement, to convey a particular image to the public, it's entirely up to him. I'm just very curious WHY he goes to so much trouble, it all seems completely pointless to me.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Visitor Q wrote: »
    That's pretty similar to my own take on it. I don't know what his sexuality is, but I am quite sure the "relationships" he has - quite deliberately - put on public display are not exactly what they're claimed to be.

I keep going on about it, but the Mezghan engagement in particular... nothing about that seemed remotely genuine.

He's not breaking any laws, of course - if it's important to him to parade a series of girlfriends, even the odd engagement, to convey a particular image to the public, it's entirely up to him. I'm just very curious WHY he goes to so much trouble, it all seems completely pointless to me.

There can surely only be 2 explanations: he has no genuine interest in sex with women or he has no interest in sex. And that either (but especially the former) would be 'bad for business' or how his parent(s) see him. Maybe both. Given that asexuality is much less common than homosexuality I know which horse I'm backing. And that's before we even discuss the impression he gives, 'gaydar' or indications from his behaviour, likes, tastes, etc.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Typo in the thread title? There is an extra letter 'r'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a 48 hour ban by DS simply for saying a thread was so long I fell sleep
    But DS appear to be lapping this one up:
    :blush:
  • Options
    DoggyphantDoggyphant Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    shaddler wrote: »
    Is there any credible evidence of sexual interest in men?

Maybe he just isn't gay.

To be fair there isn't. However thinking back to celebrities that have actually come out there usually wasn't any "credible evidence" in their cases either.

There's no cast-iron evidence that he's straight either as all his relationships are with financially dependent women who seem to get a big house when it's over. They may be real girlfriends or they may be beards (cf Georgina Law/Louis Theroux).

His pre-Idol relationships may have happened or equally he may have asked female friends to retcon a romantic past. I've not seen any contemporaneous evidence that Sinitta and Cowell actually had a romantic relationship.

Sadly newspaper advertising revenue is down and proper journalism is expensive so papers fill their pages with copy from celebrity publicists. Cowell for some reason wants elements of his private life (real or invented) to be public and the redtops print it all as fact.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visitor Q wrote: »

...and it must cost him an absolute fortune keeping all those women on the pay roll.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ because he's so macho :p He can't just laugh it off as a confident straight man would do. He has things to hide and he's paranoid that his secret will come out any moment.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    ^^^ because he's so macho :p He can't just laugh it off as a confident straight man would do. He has things to hide and he's paranoid that his secret will come out any moment.
    Those old photos of Simon make me think of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, not only did Cowell get a woman pregnant in order to hide his deep, dark secret, he even went to the trouble of knocking up a woman who was already married to someone else? Daaayum, that's some serious dedication!

In fairness, had it not been for that I could have believed he might be in denial or hiding his preferences. But with the events of the last year, I get the feeling that he's just a narcissist and commitment-phobe who got shocked into reality when he found himself becoming a dad. Not that it would surprise me if he HAS experimented once or thrice, mind...
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doggyphant wrote: »
    Sorry Master Ozzy but vauxhall1964 actually knows what he's talking about. Can you find any contemporaneous evidence that Simon Cowell had a girlfriend pre Pop Idol.

Can you find any evidence that he didn't have a girlfriend? You know as much as anyone else here and you're just making ridiculous assumptions. What's worse is that all these assumptions are just based on tittle tattle that you've read in newspapers and magazines.
    There's a challenge: find a photo from the 90s of Cowell with someone who is obviously his girlfriend. (I tried this with Brad Pitt; I can find photos of him with Juliette Lewis so that happened, and Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jennifer Anniston and even Sinitta).

No offence, but I have a lot better things to do with my time than searching through the Internet and doing that!!! I'm also not stupid enough to think that because someone hasn't been pictured with someone, it must mean they're gay!
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Surely the issue isn't whether he's gay or straight, more the BS act he ( may or may not) put on in public??
    I've no idea whether his girlfriends are genuineor not, but if not this completely trashed his "straight talking" image. Aka he's been selling the public a pup. THIS is the issue surely, rather than his sexuality??

Spot on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you find any evidence that he didn't have a girlfriend? You know as much as anyone else here and you're just making ridiculous assumptions. What's worse is that all these assumptions are just based on tittle tattle that you've read in newspapers and magazines.

No offence, but I have a lot better things to do with my time than searching through the Internet and doing that!!! I'm also not stupid enough to think that because someone hasn't been pictured with someone, it must mean they're gay!

Haha we meet again. I remember you from the Michael Jackson thread. If you re-read what I wrote I say that I don't know what the truth is about Simon Cowell's private life.

The key time period is 2001/2002 when he got the Pop Idol job, became a household name and hired Max Clifford for PR/media protection (at £10k+ a month). The Louis Theroux documentary (and later radio interview) and the Ruby Wax interview were big indicators that Clifford had been hired to arrange a false image for Cowell.

Creating false public images was a Clifford speciality. In 2009 he boasted that he had kept the sexuality of two gay Premier League footballers secret.

When Derek Hatton was sacked from Liverpool Council in 1987 he went to Clifford. Clifford arranged a photo-op with a cousin of Princess Diana and sold the fake story to The Sun about the two of them having an affair, successfully changing Hatton's left-wing image. (This story is in Clifford's book "Max Clifford: Read All About It".)

According to Theroux, Clifford did a similar thing for Cowell, hiring Georgina Law to say that she'd been having a six month affair with Cowell and describing his prowess in the bedroom.

Common sense says that if he'd been the womaniser he's portrayed as or if his romantic relationship with Sinitta had been real then Law wouldn't have been needed and he could have saved the fortune that he's spent on Clifford.

I'm also old enough to have seen a lot of Sinitta press interviews over the years (I believe that her career peak was before you were born) and I doubt that she mentioned a romantic relationship with Cowell before 2001.

I'm willing to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    cattcatt Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a baby with a woman doesn't make you straight. Nor does it mean you had sex with her. SC's need for a biological child to inherit his empire is obvious. Its the perfect hetero foil. Win-win.
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or, just perhaps, Cowell's actually bisexual, and his preferences have drifted from guys to girls over the last decade or so? No-one's going to mention this possiblity?

(Well, actually a few people already have, but it seems to have been ignored in favour of the usual "he's 100% gay/straight" arguments)
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Or maybe he's incredibly private. His personal life, including who he has sex with, is none of our business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or maybe he's incredibly private. His personal life, including who he has sex with, is none of our business.

You've clearly not read a tabloid in the last 10 years. He's hardly chosen the Simon Fuller/Louis Walsh route, though I wish he had.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Treating that kid as a photo op begs to differ.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've clearly not read a tabloid in the last 10 years. He's hardly chosen the Simon Fuller/Louis Walsh route, though I wish he had.

^ Yeah. Simon Fuller and Louis are two good examples of people who have kept their personal lives quiet; Simon chose not to... whatever the reality is (and I couldn't care less about his sexuality), he's still presenting 'something' to the public rather than giving the press nothing like Walsh/Fuller have.

Although, Cowell has gone quiet recently... I wonder if this is because Clifford is no-longer is PR man?

Personally, I think he has done more harm to his image by playing the celeb game... I don't think his success relies on it or depends on it at all.
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I'm also old enough to have seen a lot of Sinitta press interviews over the years (I believe that her career peak was before you were born)

To be fair, Sinitta's (age 17) career peak was before SHE was born. :cool:
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha truth always comes out in the end. Shame he doesn't have slimeball Mr Sleaze Clifford anymore. http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a584866/simon-cowell-is-gay-tulisa-drug-trial-hears.html#~oKiTYlDVSYCrUm

Proof? How is this proof?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    To be fair, Sinitta's (age 17) career peak was before SHE was born. :cool:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought for a moment that I'd found proof that he was straight. I was looking through Tom Bower's book and there's a section on Cowell's girlfriend Lisa Forward (a blonde lapdancer).

In 1999 before Max Clifford and Pop Idol, Cowell apparently took Forward on a family holiday to Mauritius along with his mother, his brother Nicholas and Sinitta. There are photos of the Cowell and Forward together on holiday. This is the sort of real world evidence that proves that a relationship happened. (I'm suddenly having flashbacks of the Gerard Depardieu/Andie MacDowall film Green Card but I digress)

However reading on it turns out that she is an ex-girlfriend of his brother and they both agree that they never actually slept together. Back to square one...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha we meet again. I remember you from the Michael Jackson thread. If you re-read what I wrote I say that I don't know what the truth is about Simon Cowell's private life.

The key time period is 2001/2002 when he got the Pop Idol job, became a household name and hired Max Clifford for PR/media protection (at £10k+ a month). The Louis Theroux documentary (and later radio interview) and the Ruby Wax interview were big indicators that Clifford had been hired to arrange a false image for Cowell.

Creating false public images was a Clifford speciality. In 2009 he boasted that he had kept the sexuality of two gay Premier League footballers secret.

When Derek Hatton was sacked from Liverpool Council in 1987 he went to Clifford. Clifford arranged a photo-op with a cousin of Princess Diana and sold the fake story to The Sun about the two of them having an affair, successfully changing Hatton's left-wing image. (This story is in Clifford's book "Max Clifford: Read All About It".)

According to Theroux, Clifford did a similar thing for Cowell, hiring Georgina Law to say that she'd been having a six month affair with Cowell and describing his prowess in the bedroom.

Common sense says that if he'd been the womaniser he's portrayed as or if his romantic relationship with Sinitta had been real then Law wouldn't have been needed and he could have saved the fortune that he's spent on Clifford.

I'm also old enough to have seen a lot of Sinitta press interviews over the years (I believe that her career peak was before you were born) and I doubt that she mentioned a romantic relationship with Cowell before 2001.

I'm willing to be proved wrong.

I'm sorry, but do you not realise how ridiculous everything you have just written sounds? You say at the start that you don't know the truth about whether Simon Cowell is gay (as do none of us), yet you then go on and on for a further 6 paragraphs as if you are some kind of investigator who had studied the life of Simon Cowell and knows "the truth". Really though, you are just reading into things and making ridiculous assumptions..."I doubt Sinitta ever mentioned a Cowell relationship"....right, so that must mean he's gay??!! Seriously?!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought for a moment that I'd found proof that he was straight. I was looking through Tom Bower's book and there's a section on Cowell's girlfriend Lisa Forward (a blonde lapdancer).

In 1999 before Max Clifford and Pop Idol, Cowell apparently took Forward on a family holiday to Mauritius along with his mother, his brother Nicholas and Sinitta. There are photos of the Cowell and Forward together on holiday. This is the sort of real world evidence that proves that a relationship happened. (I'm suddenly having flashbacks of the Gerard Depardieu/Andie MacDowall film Green Card but I digress)

However reading on it turns out that she is an ex-girlfriend of his brother and they both agree that they never actually slept together. Back to square one...

I'm sorry, but you have way too much time on your hands!!
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 1999 before Max Clifford and Pop Idol, Cowell apparently took Forward on a family holiday to Mauritius along with his mother, his brother Nicholas and Sinitta.

So even back in 1999, Simon had already established the pattern of going on holidays with his current girlfriend and his ex-girlfriends....

I think it's lovely that they all get on so well.