DEVESTATED by the Decision

radiofan4radiofan4 Posts: 370
Forum Member
Not happy :cry:

Comments

• fischfisch Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    Me neither Wouldnt go anywhere near his business Cant trust him at all.
  • ricardorobertoricardoroberto Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    He has taken on someone who exists in every town doing the same job already.

Let's see what he is doing 12 months from now.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with either of them winning.
    Forum Member
    He has taken on someone who exists in every town doing the same job already.

Let's see what he is doing 12 months from now.

Back in Aus with his tail between his legs
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's very smug and promises way too much. In work I get lots of sales calls about digital marketing from people like him and find it all quite seedy.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I wasn't that invested in the result because it's been a fairly rubbish series, but I am surprised at the way Mark was portrayed since he was going to win.
    Arrogant, sneaky and manipulative. It's rather bold to send out the message that that is the way to succeed.

It was slightly toned down heading into the final but it was really hard to root for him in any way.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he'd go with Bianca jut for a change and new challenge (very different to his usual work I'm guessing), as he can invest in a business person like mark (with an idea like his) anytime can't he (there are plenty that he must come across in his usual business circles).
  • radiofan4radiofan4 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I change my mind , she's going to be OK. I think she's going to get financial backing for her business. When she does launch I for one will buy her product, not because of the show but because it is something ethnic minority women will buy
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im annoyed too.

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Spent the past 12 weeks undermining everyone and obviously full of hot air. Obvious that LS has gone for a safe option with the business plan, but SEO companies are everywhere now, I don't know how this is going to be 'different'.. I'm sure a lot of SEO professionals actually do have meetings with clients.

Also will he really be hiring people on 25k? I don't profess to be an expert in the sector but surely a lot of this is now outsourced?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Search Engine Optimisation.

The area is too competitive, the technology evolves very very rapidly. Plus if the push from the USA to remove net neutrality happens it might just kill the whole industry.

I think Alan Sugar should have gone for the tights.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe that horrible, slimy, pompous pile of puss won!!!

Cannot stand him!!!!

Hope his stoopid business fails! >:(
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »

Cannot stand him!!!!

Bit over the top comments BUT I agree:)
  • trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A joke choice. Mark hasn't proved his business is any better than the 500 or so others being run in the UK.
    Another series like this and the Apprentice will be dead in the water.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OffTheCuff wrote: »
    Search Engine Optimisation.

The area is too competitive, the technology evolves very very rapidly. Plus if the push from the USA to remove net neutrality happens it might just kill the whole industry.

I think Alan Sugar should have gone for the tights.

Mark's 'idea' is ten years old, Googleads and words beat SEO off years ago
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    Mark's 'idea' is ten years old, Googleads and words beat SEO off years ago

That was the odd bit they told him that at the presentation - and he said he was doing what he knew - and would be doing something else soon - presumably when he knew what it was.

And just how many companies are going to spend 4800+ a year getting their name up a search list until someone else leapfrogs them? Or trust somone on 20-25k a year to know what they are doing?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does an idea have to be innovative, though?

I have the impression that Sugar is interested in a package that works best. Sound business plan, good set of business skills, good personality and the potential to make profits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the odd bit they told him that at the presentation - and he said he was doing what he knew - and would be doing something else soon - presumably when he knew what it was.

And just how many companies are going to spend 4800+ a year getting their name up a search list until someone else leapfrogs them? Or trust somone on 20-25k a year to know what they are doing?

Indeed like Boksbox said services like Google Adwords offer you very very targeted markets, with high quality performance metrics.

To deliver anything of remotely the same quality in just in terms of say the performance metrics alone will require software development well in excess of 250K
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were talking about one customer spending 3000 a month, I've been in the SEO SME market there aren't many of that type of customer around, when you go to a van dealer for example and show them how much the ad words for for they are shocked and get disappointed by the poor results that their budget brings in.
    Martyn's Lewis was tweeting earlier about still learning after 10 years of running one of the UK most successful sites and laughing at Mark's experience.

Why on earth er didn't they Google climb online, did they not think of the existing rock climbing market?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    what a bunch of drama queens on here. shock - best candidate wins series. get over yourselves. 'devastated' by the result of a tv show ????
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful end to a dreadful series.

Right to the end his main selling point was selling the faults in others.

Horrible man who I can't see doing well in the real world.
  • Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Mark won just to see the reactions of you babies on here!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Called Mark's win from the get go :cool: Watching the show and coming on here it's been impossible to square my, the other contestant's, the majority of the panellist's and Lord sugar, Karen and Nick's opinion on Mark with most of the posters on here. I've been watching the same show as the majority though and love Mark :cool: Well done to a very deserved winner.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Called Mark's win from the get go :cool: Watching the show and coming on here it's been impossible to square my, the other contestant's, the majority of the panellist's and Lord sugar, Karen and Nick's opinion on Mark with most of the posters on here. I've been watching the same show as the majority though and love Mark :cool: Well done to a very deserved winner.
    I've not been Mark's biggest fan by any means, but I've been amused by the strength of feeling against hom over the past several weeks and he was definitely the right winner for me. I have to admit I thought Bianca would win after the last episode, but this final exposed so many flaws - not just in her business plan but in her leadership style. You could tell Mark has managed a team in the real world.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »

Cannot stand him!!!!

Oh come on!

Get off the fence!!

Tell us what you really think!! ;-)

:D
  • beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what people have to realize is that this is a competition. The people are put under immense pressure to win and will say or do many things to win. Morally, whether that is right or wrong, is of course up to debate. But is Mark a genuinely bad person? No. Was he a good competitor is a better question. A worthy winner? Without question. He was one of the strongest candidates and I'm admitting that even if I didn't like him.