Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the wall

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Millar is getting a medal from the Queen of course. :) (The interesting thing about MM and Grant Morrison getting MBE's is you'd have to assume they offered Alan Moore one at some point. I'd have loved to seen his rejection letter. :D)

We'll have to see about Kick Ass 2. If they're making something akin to Peter Jackson's Brain Dead that's one thing I suppose, but how on earth you pack an emotional punch with the ending after 90 minutes of comedy ultra violence I do not know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    And Millar is getting a medal from the Queen of course. :) (The interesting thing about MM and Grant Morrison getting MBE's is you'd have to assume they offered Alan Moore one at some point. I'd have loved to seen his rejection letter. :D)

We'll have to see about Kick Ass 2. If they're making something akin to Peter Jackson's Brain Dead that's one thing I suppose, but how on earth you pack an emotional punch with the ending after 90 minutes of comedy ultra violence I do not know.

Vaughn has said there are three scenes that are in the comic that definitely won't be in the movie because they are honestly too dark involving kids, animals and rape because Matt Vaughn objected to them and Millar concedes he's not a director. Also one of the scenes is similar to a scene shown in Game Of Thrones recently. However there is a lot that is being adapted fairly faithfully.

Alan Moore's support for libraries and his attempt to use Dodgem Logic as a vehicle to rehabilitate youths and support alt.culture are worthy but he's a unique guy who probably is enough below their radar to be ignored and weird enough to be ignored if he ever crops up. I think his views on the monarch and government are quite clear. He's probably considered a security risk.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark & offensive is meaningless. Movie 43 is dark & offensive.
    I lauged at Hugh Jackman with his chin testicles :o:D:D:D
    And Millar is getting a medal from the Queen of course. :).

Does she read graphic novels in her spare time? Can someone who has read Kick-Ass 2 please spoiler tag what happens. I liked the first film but if this sequel gets darker and more violent i may give it a miss. Is the film an 18 think the first was a 15.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone who has read Kick-Ass 2 please spoiler tag what happens. I liked the first film but if this sequel gets darker and more violent i may give it a miss. Is the film an 18 think the first was a 15.

It's not been rated yet, but I'd suspect the level of language in the book would put it at 18 alone, as mentioned the phrase 'Toxic Mega *****' is thrown about with gay abandon.

The book is very violent, lots of drawings of people being shot in close up like so: http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/jcrx_album/thankyou_zpsa490bc9c.png

The end is-
    The Mother****er (Red Mist) murders Kick Ass' father, leading to a showdown in central New York between all the heroes and villains. Kick Ass throws the Mother****er off a roof but he survives and he and Kick Ass both presumably escape the hundreds of police who have turned up to put an end to this costumed malarkey once and for all. The end is Hit Girl being thrown is prison, being told she isn't a hero, just a little girl with multiple personality disorder who has murdered 60 people
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end is-
    The Mother****er (Red Mist) murders Kick Ass' father, leading to a showdown in central New York between all the heroes and villains. Kick Ass throws the Mother****er off a roof but he survives and he and Kick Ass both presumably escape the hundreds of police who have turned up to put an end to this costumed malarkey once and for all. The end is Hit Girl being thrown is prison, being told she isn't a hero, just a little girl with multiple personality disorder who has murdered 60 people
    Thanks for that, it actually sounds quite interesting but the level of violence on screen will ultimately decide weather or not i see the film. I could accept the violence in the first film as it was in context not sure i would like a Kick-Ass film which has violence just for violence sake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Official bbfc rating is 15 for 'strong bloody violence, sex references and very strong language'
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it lives upto the first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Official bbfc rating is 15 for 'strong bloody violence, sex references and very strong language'

That's really surprised me, I honestly thought that this was going to get an 18, I mean the C word is actually part of the bad guys team of "supervillains", and the main baddie is called the "Motherf*cker", so even though they aren't being used in a sexual or aggressive way, I still imagine that they'll be used fairly frequently, I can remember when the BBFC felt that a solitary use of the C word was worthy of an 18. Times have changed I guess.

Suppose it's a good thing in a way though, being a 15 like the original will mean more bums on seats.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to Kick Ass 2 now as its only a few weeks away!
  • laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Very much looking forward to this. Loved the first one, I think it really pushed the boundaries.

And does anyone else think that the scenes with Nic Cage killing the baddies in the warehouse and Hit Girl using the strobe lighting are two of the coolest scenes ever?
    Forum Member
    I'm going to watch Kick Ass 2 on Wednesday.Anyone else planning to watch it on the opening day?
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Friday morning, maybe. Girlfriend doesn't want to see it, so I'll go on my own after work.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Friday morning, maybe. Girlfriend doesn't want to see it, so I'll go on my own after work.

Unlucky :p Didn't think mine would want to see it either, but she liked the first one.

She loves Scott Pilgrim, so it's not too big a step :D
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Going to see Kick-Ass 2 on Wednesday, maybe Thursday or Friday, looking forward to seeing it looks really good.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are all the Kick-Ass 2 reviews? Has it been reviewed yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Where are all the Kick-Ass 2 reviews? Has it been reviewed yet?

Here's this site's review:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/review/a503602/kick-ass-2-review-digital-spy-verdict.html
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    After this movie, they need to spin off Hit Girl into her own film series.

There's money in that character.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Though people may want to avoid that dreadful review due to spoilers.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, could have done without knowing the motivation for Red Mist's name change for one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Though people may want to avoid that dreadful review due to spoilers.

I haven't read it but typical DS! :rolleyes: They ALWAYS do this!

Never read DS reviews, they basically tell you EVERYTHING that happens. Always full of spoilers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Currently at 83% on RT. 5/6 positive...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kick_ass_2_2013/
    Forum Member
    Empire gave Kick Ass 2 three out of five
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    KIck-Ass was overall brilliant, hilarious so looking forward to the sequel :)
    Hit-Girl was the best character :p
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the film tonight at the world premiere.

It's alright. Not as many laughs as the first one but a lot more violence. And a bizarre scene involving Union J.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    Saw the film tonight at the world premiere.

It's alright. Not as many laughs as the first one but a lot more violence. And a bizarre scene involving Union J.

What the f*ck has an X-Factor has-been boyband got to do with Kick Ass?!