Options

Steps

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Sfamato wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the Concert special after On the Road Again episode?

They completely cut it to shreds. Wasnt impressed. The opening was gone, here and now. the solos. :mad:

I figured it was just a taster, an informercial for the next round of concerts.

Would have been nice to see the whole show but from that bit we saw, I was thoroughly impressed.
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where oh where can I watch this online? *cries hysterically*
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the parts of the concert they showed on sky living and the energy was great.

The final episode of the show was a little disapointing as we still dont know what is happening. I felt sorry for Faye as she was like will you please just let me know and she was right to be pissed off as why should she put her life on hold for potentially nothing.
  • Options
    ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Better The Devil You Know/Judas studio version for b-side to new single please!
  • Options
    Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where oh where can I watch this online? *cries hysterically*

Here's a link. Its got all 4 parts, just go down the page.

This is Part 1 to get you started.

http://www.channelcut.eu/steps-on-the-road-again-part1

Sockshare is the best stream.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    STEPS NEW ALBUM???!!!:D:confused::D:confused:

wikipedia mentions studio album 'Oh Go On Then..' due for release 2012:confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »

Would have been nice to see the whole show but from that bit we saw, I was thoroughly impressed.

The concert DVD is released on October 8th so this was never going to be the full show as everyone could Sky+ it and not buy the DVD!

But I was disappointed with soooo much chopping and cutting!
  • Options
    StiggyStiggy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    does anyone know their twitter accounts??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leecamowol wrote: »
    The concert DVD is released on October 8th so this was never going to be the full show as everyone could Sky+ it and not buy the DVD!

But I was disappointed with soooo much chopping and cutting!

Hopefully. It was cut to shreds! I want to see it again! lol
    Originally Posted by lil lexie

Would have been nice to see the whole show but from that bit we saw, I was thoroughly impressed./QUOTE]

Just to clarify (because I didnt make it clear) I was impressed with the tour, just not Skys butcher job on it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece is really supportive of her, shes said herself she wouldn't be able to do any of this without his support. He was around back in the old Steps days so knows how it all works. He's far more supportive of her than her ex hubby Mark was.

Their twitter accounts are:
    www.twitter.com/_clairerichards
    www.twitter.com/Faye_tozer
    www.twitter.com/LSLofficial
    www.twitter.com/llatchfordevans
    www.twitter.com/ianhwatkins
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find the last episodes online so can anyone tell me how legit the farewell tour rumours are? I really hope so.

Imagine seeing them at the Manchester arena on 22nd December??! It'd be so... deep. I'd totally pay out extra just to see that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is mark Claires ex of Faye?
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    STEPS NEW ALBUM???!!!:D:confused::D:confused:

wikipedia mentions studio album 'Oh Go On Then..' due for release 2012:confused::confused:

:eek: that is shocking if its true :confused:
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just so hope they at least give a brand new album a go as i think it could potentially go well for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I invested in a copy of the Buzz album after I bought the Ultimate Collection and for a pop album, it's pretty fabulous. Checked the reviews recently, just to see how it went down with the critics on release and the verdict was generally extremely positive - even the pop hating NME awarded it 8/10.:eek: So it seems they were definitely going in the right direction creatively before it came to an abrupt end.

Looks like the 2012 release was just BS, as it's now been removed from wiki. :(
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzz was a brilliant album I loved most of the songs on it. I don't know how I feel about a new album, on one hand it would be great to hear some cheesy pop again but on the other hand I like my memories of steps and would be more than happy just to go to a concert every few years with my childhood memories of them intact.

I just get the feeling that if they do a new album they are going to take themselves far too seriously, note the way Claire was so concerned about not having a Gary Barlow in the group. I don't think any steps fAn would be happy if steps came out with a 'patience' like song, it's just not steps :-/. Think they need to remember, they're best known for cheesy pop not serious ballads!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark is Claire's ex, Jasper is Faye's ex.

The Album name was in Wiki, think that should explain a lot ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when Claire mentioned gary barlow it wasnt that she wanted a patience style song for steps, she was saying take that were lucky as they had a song writer who can write good songs as steps dont and they are reliant on getting a good song if they were to launch a full scale comeback.

Id say they have all made a nice few quid from the re union so far, the tour and the tv show would have made the most money, the album probably not but they would have got something plus they had sponsorship deals so id say even as it stand it was worth reforming financially.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Faye is my favourite because she used to be my dance teacher :) but she would be my favourite anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a dance teacher what was she like, was she a nice person as she comes across as a very genuine person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the summer shows will be the last ever ones? Contemplating about buying tickets because it might be the last time..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt even know they had announced another tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summer shows are outdoor gigs, they're headlining the Hit Factory Live as well. The summer shows were announced months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, that should help sell a few more copies of the ultimate collection too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hit factory tour sounds like pop heaven.