Your opinion of the new companion, Bill

1235»

Comments

• Robin TrippRobin Tripp Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Why the **** are these reasons to worry?

It's a flipping TV show!
    Hope Bill and 12 will have fun on their adventures together.
    However there are reasons to worry.

How will Bill react when she finds out it is not all sweetness and light ?.:(
    Sometimes the Doctor can't save everyone. Other times he has to make difficult decisions.:cry:

Plus the doctors enemies use his friends against him.>:(
    Missy as a good example would love to get her hands on Bill.:o

Wonder if she will stay for 12's regeneration and after.
    Plus is Bill her real name or is it just short for her full name or some kind of nickname?.

For now welcome to the Tardis and whoniverse Bill/Pearl. :):p
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a flipping TV show!

There's nothing wrong with investing yourself in a bit of fiction. Why else would you watch a TV drama or read a novel?
  • finn946finn946 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Loved what I've seen so far apart from ONE exception. And this is going to wind me and my poor little OCD up forever...

INTRODUCING
    PEARL MACKIE ASBILL

Why is the gap between 'as' and Bill' non-existant?! Or is it just me slowly losing my mind...? :p
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,261
    Forum Member
    I don't want to say negative, but I would rather they chose someone else instead.

Possibly someone with some experience. Someone older.

Skin colors aside, she looks like she will be the same as her predecessor.

Would've been good to see something different.
  • stocklenstocklen Posts: 4,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to say negative, but I would rather they chose someone else instead.

Possibly someone with some experience. Someone older.

Skin colors aside, she looks like she will be the same as her predecessor.

Would've been good to see something different.

Not really the same - from what tiny amount we've seen so far of course. Although it would have been good for something totally different such as more than one companion, or an older one such as Donna was...

I always found Clara to be too cocky / unfased / clever / superior / bossy. Hopefully Bill wont fit into any of those categories. I echo others requests that she is nobody special, not the centre of the universe or the second coming... just a normal everyday person whose horizons are broadened with travelling about in time and space!
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member

It's a flipping TV show!

For the same reasons that, whilst it's unfortunate that human beings and their babies are today being machetied to death in developing countries, it's still acceptable for people in first-world countries to wrestle with the choice of wearing blue jeans with a brown leather jacket, or blue chinos and a white-and-blue stripy top when they go to the IMAX to see Star Wars.

Hope that helps. Give more money to charity if it doesn't.