Favourite Death Scene

1235»

Comments

• Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boromir in FOTR. Brave, touching and wonderful. The best scene in the whole trilogy and the only meaningful and resonating death in an endless sea of 'is he dead, oh no he's still alive' scenes.
  • Talukdar_ShahebTalukdar_Shaheb Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Paul Krendler (Ray Liotta) from Hannibal (2001)
  • Saxon BurySaxon Bury Posts: 2,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boromir in FOTR. Brave, touching and wonderful. The best scene in the whole trilogy and the only meaningful and resonating death in an endless sea of 'is he dead, oh no he's still alive' scenes.

Exactly. It is only the deaths of Boromir and Theodin that have any depth in the entire trilogy. I suspect this may be due mainly to the two actors.

I am sure Boromir's death is probably the longest death (timewise) I have seen in a movie too.
  • Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saxon Bury wrote: »
    Exactly. It is only the deaths of Boromir and Theodin that have any depth in the entire trilogy. I suspect this may be due mainly to the two actors.

I am sure Boromir's death is probably the longest death (timewise) I have seen in a movie too.

Certainly for Boromir, it was because Tolkien had fought in the war and hated seeing any more death. Unfortunately someone shoukd have said that death and loss creates peril and peril for characters brings connection. Endlessly escaping death just brings boredom.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending of Benath the Planet of the Apes
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darth Vadar or Quint from Jaws for me
  • eggcheneggchen Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emil in Robocop
    "Heppppppgh meeeee!!!" 😂😂
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Not really a death scene (although his demise was a good one) but Kirk Douglas' send-off in The Vikings has got to be one of the great movie funerals.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LClTjcyNJSI
  • DavidJ28DavidJ28 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Melvil Poupaud looking beautiful (when does he not?) in his speedos as he lies down to die on the beach in "Time to Leave"
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The John Wick bath house/club scene.
  • mystery23mystery23 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I'd call it a 'favourite death scene' but Geraldine Page in Interiors when she just walked out into the sea. That movie always creeped me out a bit.