Films with unresolved endings.

2»

Comments

• oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was enjoying watching the Will Ferrell film Everything Must Go but it seemed to stop a bit too soon. I think a film like that is not going to leave you wondering, it just seems unfinished. You feel like it was a waste of time after as you don't know the end of the story but it's not really worth wondering about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Another good one is The Long Good Friday. As Bob Hoskins was in the car being taken away by the IRA, did he survive?

I know the answer to that and what happened, but then they cut it and didn't film it, but I won't say as it will ruin that ending.
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of these are valid, although, IIRC, Aronofsky has said that if that dive he takes doesn't kill him, then the next one will. It's just a matter of time. :(
    Rourke's view is he hoped Randy died, but it is open for the viewer to decide: http://youtu.be/ZgZEhg9Oh70?t=4m6s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castaway had a pretty rubbish ending, imo. After everything Tom Hanks went through, I really wanted a proper ending for him but no, it ends with him at that crossroads. I know it's all very symbolic and everything but still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insidious, with the old lady possessing the man.

The Grudge/Grudge 2 - neither film ended with the case being closed.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    Castaway had a pretty rubbish ending, imo. After everything Tom Hanks went through, I really wanted a proper ending for him but no, it ends with him at that crossroads. I know it's all very symbolic and everything but still.

Doesn't he drive in the direction of the ranch?
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a new film coming out about different theories on The Shinning. I will find out what its called. Sounds interesting though.
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a new film coming out about different theories on The Shinning. I will find out what its called. Sounds interesting though.
    Room 237 - named after the Overlook Hotel room with the woman in the bath: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085910/
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Eragon - Bad acting, bad accents, no real ending. Was there supposed to be a sequel?
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halloween III - We never find out if the tv station took the advert off air.
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,680
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Eragon - Bad acting, bad accents, no real ending. Was there supposed to be a sequel?

Well there are four books in the Inheritance Cycle with the film Eragon being based on the first of those books. Unfortunately as you say the film was appalling and made no money and so any plans for sequels were dropped.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cirque du Freak: Vampires Assistant.

Its a great film but it obviously never did well money wise because a follow up was never made.

Its based on books but im not a reader.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Bad Juju wrote: »
    Some say JCs The Thing is kinda resolved cause the guy (not Mac) has no condensation breath at the end.
    The prequel establishes that the 'thing' can only copy organic matter. The characters use whether people have fillings in their teeth as a method of proving that the're human, and the heroine works out that her friend is an imposter because he no longer has his earring. At the end of the original, Child's still has his earring meaning that he's human. Maybe he was infected and was at a very early stage, but the implication nowadays seems to be that he was human and they both froze to death.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    Well there are four books in the Inheritance Cycle with the film Eragon being based on the first of those books. Unfortunately as you say the film was appalling and made no money and so any plans for sequels were dropped.

Similar scenario for The Golden Compass.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail was the one time I thought maybe the tape broke, after a while I tried FF...Nothing.