Comedians who should be kicked off our screens ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member

5) Paddy Kielty was funny years ago but is dreadful now
    Saw his one man show last week.Absolutely fantastic , his stuff about Titanic was fab . Only criticism fom me would be no need for other comedians on the show ,he should have had more :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    The OP must be a right miserable old sod.

Who does make your face crack a smile then ?

try actually reading what i typed and you will find out
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is with all the sarah millican hatred ?:confused:

In general , comediennes are pretty crap , Gina Yashere, Andi Osho, Linda Smith, Jo caulfield , Lucy Porter etc are all bloody awful :eek:, but I find millican to be a rarity in a comedienne who is funny. I say leave her alone as she is good at what she does and id pay to see her.

:eek:Sacrilege!!!:mad:
    Linda Smith was brilliant.
    I'm quite partial to Jo Caulfield and Lucy Porter too for that matter.
    I'll let you have Gina Yashere & Andi Osho though;)

(Have seen Gina live and she was quite good - but we're talking telly here...)
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'll let you have Gina Yashere & Andi Osho though;)

(Have seen Gina live and she was quite good - but we're talking telly here...)

I dont think Gina could make a hyena even titter
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen Sid Field, Dan Leno and Arthur Haynes on TV recently.

Obviously these newer and less-talented comedians are taking all their limelight!
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    All of the above,, and Dara o Briain...I just don,t get him...

Yes him^^^ but I would like him I know;...if I could only understand what he's saying. He tends to rumble mumble words into one another.
    I would ask for Rufus Hound to be put in room 101
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael McIntyre,all he does is shout,and Lee Evans
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    Michael McIntyre,all he does is shout,and Lee Evans

Wow. You just named my 2 favourite comedians... :eek:

Sarah Millican is the only one for me. Just doesn't make me laugh. There are other bad comedians, but they all at least get a chuckle out of me from time to time. Ms. Millican has never done this.

I'd say Paul Foot too, but I'm not entirely sure his profession should come under "comedy".
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try actually reading what i typed and you will find out

Sorry, yes, erm, Joan Rivers, how very 1960s.
    Forum Member
    Sorry, yes, erm, Joan Rivers, how very 1960s.

sorry it doesnt come up to your standard........but then again, I couldnt care less :D
    Forum Member
    lemme add another comedian we should see more of......Peter Kay

He is a very rare breed, doesnt have to eff and blind and sees a lot of humour in everyday things that we arent aware are funny, he is a classy act and phoenix nights was a gem
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemme add another comedian we should see more of......Peter Kay

He is a very rare breed, doesnt have to eff and blind and sees a lot of humour in everyday things that we arent aware are funny, he is a classy act and phoenix nights was a gem

A poor impression of a bog standard 70s stand up 'comedian'.

No thanks.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    A poor impression of a bog standard 70s stand up 'comedian'.

No thanks.

There's definitely a snobbery thing about Pete Kay.

Over exposure did for him in my eyes but when he first game along his stand up was as funny as fuc....
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    James Corden, the least funny person I've ever had the misfortune to witness!

Agreed, really, really can't stand the smug git. Add McIntyre to that as well. And "professional Scouser" John Bishop. You've got me started now.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy Connolly hasnt been funny for over a decade

It's a bit longer than that but don't ever tell him or he'll walk out and just leave!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is with all the sarah millican hatred ?:confused:

In general , comediennes are pretty crap , Gina Yashere, Andi Osho not funny, Linda Smith, Jo caulfield , Lucy Porter etc are all bloody awful :eek:, but I find millican to be a rarity in a comedienne who is funny. I say leave her alone as she is good at what she does and id pay to see her.

Sarah mil i can has a whole thread devoted to just how unfunny she is with over 250,000 followers!

Fanny+cake+boyfriend = NOT funny.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't beliveve I came across this thread we have the right to watch who we feel not happy? THEN DON'T WATCH.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen Sid Field, Dan Leno and Arthur Haynes on TV recently.

Obviously these newer and less-talented comedians are taking all their limelight!

Back in the 50s, unlikely as it sounds, there was a BBC radio ventriloquist called Peter Brough with Archie Andrews. He once appeared on TV and it became apparent why he was on the radio - his lips moved more than his doll's:D

As times have changed perhaps the BBC could repeat the joke Max Miller was banned from radio for telling.

But I doubt ITV could ever repeat the Stan Boardman Fokker joke which nearly had Des O'Connor taken off the air in a live shiow
  • MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Al Murray shouldn't be included he's actually a very intelligent bloke & his interactions with the audience when in his Pub Landlord (remember its just a character - not Al himself) are comic genius. Like this>
    http://youtu.be/vD0Dyz4XQHs?t=36s
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little and Large - the only comedy double act with two straight men
    Forum Member
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    Sarah mil i can has a whole thread devoted to just how unfunny she is with over 250,000 followers!

Fanny+cake+boyfriend = NOT funny.

where guys are concerned anything about fannies is essential viewing ...........or do you not like that sort of thing :cool:
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,257
    Forum Member
    A lot of those listed can be very funny on one show, but on another as funny as toothache... and some have suffered from overexposure.

Chris Addison and Sarah Millican for example - they were both very good on his Sunday morning radio show, and he was very funny in The Thick of It, but just looks to be trying too hard to say something controversional on MTW - there's no point trying to be the new Frankie Boyle, he's not in the same league! And Millican in particular has suffered from Tony Slatteryism... that is, being funny in small doses, but a real drag when on endless shows!

Miranda Hart - not particularly funny overall, but did have a good stint on Not Going Out with Lee Mack...

One of the few who generally avoids too much criticism (rightly IMO) is David Mitchell - able to switch into panel show mode very successfully.

Some of the new upcoming comics aren't too good - the Essex boy on the ITV2 Jungle show (is it Rob Beckett?) is pretty poor, though I don't mind the beardy weirdy Joe (?) that was on 8 out of 10 cats this week - occasionally quite funny!

As for Dara - for me he's one of the few i'll be tempted to watch a show for just because he's in it, he's great at hosting (particularly You're Fired) and takes plenty of flak well.

And Jack Whitehall - can be very hit and miss on panel shows, but was pretty good in Bad Education and Fresh Meat...

The least funny for me is Gina Yashere, not quite sure why she keeps popping up every so often - i'm sure there are others who love her though!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's definitely a snobbery thing about Pete Kay.

Over exposure did for him in my eyes but when he first game along his stand up was as funny as fuc....

I don't really care for Kay's stand up, but it is pretty hard to argue with the fact he sold 600,000 tickets for his last tour the morning they went on sale. He is the most popular UK comic.
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    I don't really care for Kay's stand up, but it is pretty hard to argue with the fact he sold 600,000 tickets for his last tour the morning they went on sale. He is the most popular UK comic.

Its not just that , PK doesnt have to swear and shout and he still puts an awful lot of bums on seats.

Since Connolly made that remark about Ken Bigley, his career came to an end, though in the 70s there was nobody funnier.

It mystifies me how the comediennes get past the security man at the tv company door, let alone onto the screens . Joan Rivers is still amazing , Victoria Wood was good in her day , I can take Sarah Silverman...............but the rest of them = total and utter rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

Exactly, Linda Smith was one of the best comedians in the country - an amazingly fast brain...and the other two too are very sharp.

Saw Lucy Porter when she was just 'Lucy' back in about 1997ish when she was going round the UK little comedy clubs and she struck a chord there - doing the Catholic girl stuff which isn;t exactly original but she certianly stood out.