Options

After E3 - PS4 or Xbox One?

Comments

• Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 if I had to choose. Microsoft may as well start digging that massive pit in Mexico for all their unsold units
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Definitely the PS4. I was waiting for E3 and the deluge of information to make an informed choice, and now I've made it.

For me, the lack of used game DRM, no online requirements, no mandatory camera and a significantly cheaper price are all strong determining factors. I wasn't expecting Sony to announce a complete lack of pre-owned restrictions so I was surprised when they did.

I've enjoyed being an Xbox guy this gen but it's safe to assume I'll be going back home to the Playstation brand next-gen.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I have had an Xbox since the very first one was released back in 2003, but this time around I'll reckon I will go with the ps4. Honestly I'd like to own both like I did with the 360 and ps3, but I cannot justify spending that sort of cash this time around. The cost of the new Xbox has gone up, my wages have not.

If Microsoft do not justify the extra price tag. And review their policy on used games I can see this gen being a disaster for Microsoft.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While i'll likely never be able to afford either console for many years to come, I did smile at a line I read earlier that said "Sony very publicly slapped Microsoft across the face" :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    4 people voted for the XBone?

Didn't know Bill Gates and his family was on DS.

- PS4 - cheaper and no DRM.

Hands down, no contest.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 100% going for an xbox before E3.

I'm not now
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    £80 cheaper, no second hand restrictions and a more powerful machine to boot - I think Sony currently have it for me.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft suddenly start reversing their decisions.
  • Options
    taskertasker Posts: 4,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one, plays Blu Rays, you can watch tv, plays games.
    Am i the only person that thinks Microsoft have designed a PS3.

Only dearer :p
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tasker wrote: »
    Xbox one, plays Blu Rays, you can watch tv, plays games.
    Am i the only person that thinks Microsoft have designed a PS3.

Only dearer :p

And the thing is you can only watch TV because you plug your set top box into it, it's not as if it has a tuner that saves you needing that extra box.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I wonder how much MS is having to pay Sony to put a BR drive in every Xbox? Seems like Sony can't lose this generation.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbone for me all the way. I need a new way to watch my tv that wont work in the UK on launch and there is something comforting knowing that I am possibly being watched 24/7.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No contest.

No DRM, No online authentication, No Region Coding. Swap, Loan and Trade as you can now, no compulsory camera. Cheaper. Looks like a bulked up PS2 (memories!) .

That's too much for MS to counter without looking panicked. The War is over.

They (Sony) know it too -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfjdaU3lkA
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony all the way for me, always listen to your customers. Or in microsofts case do not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think the One has more to offer, why do people think the PS4 is more powerful? I thought they were pretty even spec wise?

Also I think I will wait for a few months after launch, I reckon the prices will alter and it will be good to hear actual reviews and not just fanboy comments.
  • Options
    simasima Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want both (treat for being a fitness nutter :p) but will get ps4 1st & wait for x1 price drop.

remember the 1st xbox they over priced at launch then dropped £99 after a month :eek: when low sales (free games for early buyers) I'd rather have the money than games I don't want, unless they drop price for launch to compete with ps4, I'm not pre ordering nowt.

what bothers me is what these consoles will sound like, the fans that are keeping them cool. my gaming pc in the middle of summer sounds like it'll take off when playing games (good job these are nov launch.
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to sit back for a year or so, playing my 360 and my PS3 and just see how things develop. I didn't think we needed a new gen of consoles before E3 and I still don't. Although some games are looking incredible (The Division, MGS V, BF4).

If I had to choose right now I'd plump for the PS4. But as I say, I can wait to see how both consoles unfold.
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playstation 4 by landslide.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end if the day, all of the fuss about Xbox Ones DRM policies was for nothing.

Because looking at those numbers there'll be nobody else to swap or trade with anyway.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The curse of the third console strikes again.
  • Options
    EBD3000EBD3000 Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a owner of an Xbox and the current owner of an Xbox 360 I think I might go for a PS4 this time.

Price being the most obvious reason, the restrictions MS are placing on it look insane and I don't care about Kinect.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i deffo getting one of the new consoles since i don't actually have a console at the moment.
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm an Xbox fan and have been since the 1st Xbox came out, saying that though the PS4 won on its policies and price.

Where as Xbox One won on games while i'll likely still get an Xbox One it won't be anytime soon since there is nothing yet (game wise) that interests me enough to justify the cost.
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a shadow of a doubt the Sony PS4. A games console for gamers, oh yes!

:) Mark
  • Options
    ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got this sneaky suspicion that M$ will start to throw their money around trying to make the next wake of games exclusive to Xbone, i.e. The COD after Ghosts, BF5 etc.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 hands down for the ability to be off line and share and resell games alone.

Add to that the price and the power on paper I think Sony have this one in the bag.