2014/15 Premier League TV Fixtures Thread

Comments

• Spiros_RedSpiros_Red Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan_Kerr1 wrote: »
    Wish Sky/BT would hurry up, need to book flights to Arsenal v Spurs and Utd and Sunderland v Arsenal. I've an idea when the games will be but don't want to take the risk

Got a while to wait yet i think. Over the last 5 years TV games have been announced between 4th - 11th July
  • Ryan_Kerr1Ryan_Kerr1 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Spiros_Red wrote: »
    Got a while to wait yet i think. Over the last 5 years TV games have been announced between 4th - 11th July

Chelsea website says they hope to have them confirmed by 4th July, I'm trying to get a guy I know in Sky Sports to get me an answer
  • Spiros_RedSpiros_Red Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tweeted Sky, BT & the head of the PL Media a while ago so see if i get any responses from them......probably unlikely :cry:
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This season the obvious date to release changes is the Monday or Tuesday after the World Cup is over
  • stato77stato77 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    This season the obvious date to release changes is the Monday or Tuesday after the World Cup is over

I agree.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why :confused:
    Forum Member
    I fail to see any reason what the World Cup has to do with it
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are presuming that the WC would take some PR from the announcement. I don't think it's seen as a big deal for anyone outside the DS forums, it's just "something" that happens
  • Gray77Gray77 Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is not a big media event, it's rearranging fixtures for TV. The sooner the better for the sake of those who are actually affected, namely the match going fans. I see no reason why the PL, Sky and BT should hang around with this.
    Forum Member
    Seen on Man City forum they were talking about fixture switching and who's involved as they know someone in Merseyside police and apparently Liverpool Everton is 12:45 on 27th September
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,065
    Forum Member
    I would have thought games are picked, just need final club confirmation (i.e. No reason as to why change of kick off cannot occur. Clubs may have 7 working days or so to reply)
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How accurate are you guys on here normally with how tge matches are picked, I guess the guitar matches are the hardest.

Until I started using this thread, I had no idea about tge packages,
  • jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How accurate are you guys on here normally with how tge matches are picked, I guess the guitar matches are the hardest.
    Its the orchestra ones which are the hardest to predict. Just so many different variables.

Guitar ones are fine if you pluck carefully. ;-)
  • xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen on Man City forum they were talking about fixture switching and who's involved as they know someone in Merseyside police and apparently Liverpool Everton is 12:45 on 27th September

Probably right that
  • seanviceseanvice Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was Sky I would 100% pass on week 1, all 5 probable picks have good storylines to them. Losing one of City/United/Chelsea should not be of concern IMO.

Having any combo of 4 in week one is fine for Sky, BT would effectivly be wasting a first pick on a week where there is no standout match
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeffersbnl wrote: »
    Its the orchestra ones which are the hardest to predict. Just so many different variables.

Guitar ones are fine if you pluck carefully. ;-)

Bloody protective text on my tablet.
  • Jonny_Bentley1Jonny_Bentley1 Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My BT predictions;
    RD 1: Arsenal v Crystal Palace (4th Pick)
    RD 2: Chelsea v Leicester (4th Pick)
    RD 3: Tottenham v Liverpool (1st Pick)
    RD 4: Manchester United v QPR (4th Pick)
    RD 5: Aston Villa v Arsenal (4th Pick)
    RD 6: Liverpool v Everton (1st Pick)
    RD 7: Swansea v Newcastle (4th Pick)
    RD 8: Manchester City v Tottenham (1st Pick)
    RD 9: Burnley v Everton (4th Pick)
    RD 10: NO FIXTURE
    RD 11: Liverpool v Chelsea (1st Pick)
    RD 12: Manchester City v Swansea (4th Pick)
    RD 13: Manchester United v Hull (1st Pick)
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    My BT predictions;
    RD 5: Aston Villa v Arsenal (4th Pick)
    RD 6: Liverpool v Everton (1st Pick)
    RD 7: Swansea v Newcastle (4th Pick)
    RD 8: Manchester City v Tottenham (1st Pick)
    RD 9: Burnley v Everton (4th Pick)
    RD 10: NO FIXTURE
    RD 11: Liverpool v Chelsea (1st Pick)
    RD 12: Manchester City v Swansea (4th Pick)
    RD 13: Manchester United v Hull (1st Pick)

I havent read the last few pages so dunno if there are quota reasons, but I cant imagine Sky letting BT have this one on the face of it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havent read the last few pages so dunno if there are quota reasons, but I cant imagine Sky letting BT have this one on the face of it!

Not usually but Sky, while wanting a strong commanding start, will also have to be realistic in that they cannot use up all of their first picks at once. I feel they would have snapped this up last season (and they did) although for the first 13 weeks in almost every week there is oddly a "big" game. They will want command of Man United, City and co. for the first week (with no "big" encounter) while they'll almost certainly give BT the other one at the end of the first 13 weeks where they will possibly just opt for United's match (despite it not being as attractive as others from a neutral perspective).
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,065
    Forum Member
    Good list, good spread of games. If i was sky i may be tempted to lose chelsea v arsenal if i was going to lose one big game, though losing liverpool v chelsea takes liverpool to three on quota.

Skys job is actually quite easy. Get a club onto three and then lose two of that clubs big games. As some weekends in feb/march have one big game, get a team up to quota and you will get at least one bonus first pick. I.e. Chelsea or manu v liverpool
  • TLG86TLG86 Posts: 11,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My BT predictions;

If those are BT's picks in the first three weeks then I believe Sky should give up first pick in week 4. As you suggest, BT would quite like to get Man Utd as a fourth pick, but, if given first pick, would they take Arsenal v Man City and thus not have Man Utd, potentially, in the first eight weeks?

It's for that reason that I think BT will take Burnley v Man Utd in week 3. For what it's worth, here's what I think BT might get (though I note the rumor above about Liverpool v Everton being on BT, which is could very well be the case):

1 Liverpool v Southampton
    2 Chelsea v Leicester
    3 Burnley v Man Utd
    4 West Brom v Everton
    5 Leicester v Man Utd
    6 Arsenal v Tottenham
    7 Aston Villa v Man City
    8 Man City v Tottenham
    9 -
    10 Stoke v West Ham
    11 Swansea v Arsenal
    12 Newcastle v QPR
    13 Sunderland v Chelsea
    Forum Member
    So is today the day then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLG86 wrote: »
    If those are BT's picks in the first three weeks then I believe Sky should give up first pick in week 4. As you suggest, BT would quite like to get Man Utd as a fourth pick, but, if given first pick, would they take Arsenal v Man City and thus not have Man Utd, potentially, in the first eight weeks?

It's for that reason that I think BT will take Burnley v Man Utd in week 3.

Bare in mind though that there are quotas (although obviously less tight due to the number of packages) on Sky so therefore they cannot show Man United every week. To me, a game at Old Trafford at home to QPR is hardly a fixture going to catch the eye and seems a waste of a better United match. Therefore, I feel they would be inclined to give it up.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,085
    Forum Member

Nobody knows. Just because 1 club website says they hope to know by a specific date doesn't mean games will be announced on that date. It could easily be another 7-10 days for all we know.
  • Dwight1970Dwight1970 Posts: 426
    Forum Member

I spoke to someone at a London club in respect of a sponsorship at a fixture and he said they were expecting the early TV changes to be announced by the 14th July.