Options

R010 software update

Comments

• Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Sky also likes to be able to controll the rollout and monitor feed back at all stages. They have 10m boxes to update, and all updates generate some increase to CS.

This is the reason why they update as they do. If they wanted people to be able to get the software version they wanted they could allow updates over the internet but then CS would get a lot more calls.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Don't know when exactly she got it but my sister has a DRX-890 (Not built in wifi) Her box has the update. The 2 wifi 890's me and my dad have don't yet
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    So no change to current situation.

Sky still sending out the software to the chose few occasionally.

Best just to check the Sky EPG Info website.....

http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyplushd.html
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

Hooray, you're learning:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

As you have been told about god knows many times (and it won't change) ;-) It's going out in stages. Just going to have to be patient although seems you have a little difficulty understanding that
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    As you have been told about god knows many times (and it won't change) ;-) It's going out in stages. Just going to have to be patient although seems you have a little difficulty understanding that

Come on he isn't asking like he was before so be nice.

Give a little get a little!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray, you're learning:D

Of course everyone learns sometime or other, just some it takes longer than others, have patients with people.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Perhaps we can post on this thread if we have not got the update yet so Sky can see it and realise many are desperate for it. I have not got it yet :D:D:D

Whats the big problem? Whether we get the update today or next month, it dose,s not affect us watching any of the Sky channels or downloads. So we get download play with the box a couple of days, and we forget about it and carry watching sky as before.
    Until the next update is announced and the same few are desperate for that one.
    Got to be first in the que
  • Options
    RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Whats the big problem? Whether we get the update today or next month, it dose,s not affect us watching any of the Sky channels or downloads. So we get download play with the box a couple of days, and we forget about it and carry watching sky as before.
    Until the next update is announced and the same few are desperate for that one.
    Got to be first in the que

It'll give me access to the HD channels of ITV 2-4, along with BBC Four HD, for the first time so it'll change something for me quite a bit. ;)
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Racket wrote: »
    It'll give me access to the HD channels of ITV 2-4, along with BBC Four HD, for the first time so it'll change something for me quite a bit. ;)

and how is that exactly ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    and how is that exactly ?

The changes to manual tuning and those channels not being on the ROI EPG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ITV 1-4 in HD are encrypted, so if you dont have them now the new manual tuning options wont help!

BBC 3 HD and BBC 4 HD are on the EPG for the whole UK and FTA, so unless you live in Ireland you should already get them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah you are from the ROI so you will gain access to BBC 3 HD, BBC 4 HD, BBC News HD, CBBC HD and Cbeebies HD, but not ITV 2-4 HD, as like I said before they are encrypted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the ITV HD channels you mentioned are subscription channels though.
    if you can't get them now you won't get them with R010.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Are you are from the ROI so you will gain access to BBC 3 HD, BBC 4 HD, BBC News HD, CBBC HD and Cbeebies HD, but not ITV 2-4 HD, as like I said before they are encrypted.
    the ITV HD channels you mentioned are subscription channels though.
    if you can't get them now you won't get them with R010.

ITV2-4 HD unlock with an Irish HD sub, just like ITV Encore HD which is viewable in Ireland currently when tuned in while ITV Encore SD is not viewable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV2-4 HD unlock with an Irish HD sub, just like ITV Encore HD which is viewable in Ireland currently when tuned in while ITV Encore SD is not viewable.

ah I see so Sky just took them of the ROI EPG and didnt get the encryption locked to the UK subs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    ah I see so Sky just took them of the ROI EPG and didnt get the encryption locked to the UK subs!

hopefully that little loophole gets closed soon then.
    why should the irish get these pay channels when they shouldn't be.

if they were meant to receive them they would be on the EPG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopefully that little loophole gets closed soon then.
    why should the irish get these pay channels when they shouldn't be.

if they were meant to receive them they would be on the EPG.

Well I guess up till now no one would have thought it a problem, but I guess it will be up to ITV to decide if its worth the bother of sorting out.
    If it was Sky's channels Im sure they would though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure it may (Don't get your hopes up Dan) ;) but the Sky 998 info Channel now promoting the newer update. Might mean it's getting a bit closer
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Not sure it may (Don't get your hopes up Dan) ;) but the Sky 998 info Channel now promoting the newer update. Might mean it's getting a bit closer

The start of the R010 rollout has been a bit slow to get going, there hasn't been many boxes updated so far so don't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly I've today had an email from Sky ("Welcome to your updated Sky+") advertising the new R10 features such as Suggestions and Smart Series Link. Seems a bit premature given they've only recently started the rollout... and no I don't have it.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the email today too. Hoped that getting the email might mean they know I'm getting the update, so perhaps I'll get lucky next week? It's Tuesday mornings the updates go out isn't it?

Or else it's sent to all, and Sky hopes people won't forget and still get confused and phone up when it doesn't change until a week before Christmas...
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got the same email too and my box doesn't have the update either
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    Interestingly I've today had an email from Sky ("Welcome to your updated Sky+") advertising the new R10 features such as Suggestions and Smart Series Link. Seems a bit premature given they've only recently started the rollout... and no I don't have it.

...spoke too soon - it updated overnight, now on R010.070.58.06P
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I got the email yesterday and the update happened overnight.