Options

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    haha I'm not even going to pretend to understand the logic behind that decision. oh well....
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One bad decision after another. To guarantee Kaboul a starting place says a lot of .MP'S capabilities and lack of imagination.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Poch out then yeah ?
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Poch out then yeah ?

No, but even with his lack of language, he doesn't seem to portray much clear influence and more the continuation in play and selection as before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    No, but even with his lack of language, he doesn't seem to portray much clear influence and more the continuation in play and selection as before.

It's been six games.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make of it what you will, but Aaron Lennon was not included in Monday's Team photoshoot which included every other member of the first team, Poch and his coaching staff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Make of it what you will, but Aaron Lennon was not included in Monday's Team photoshoot which included every other member of the first team, Poch and his coaching staff.

That's interesting ..

Perhaps there's been a falling out ?. If he was injured, unless it was a serious one, I imagine he'd still be expected to kit up and turn up for the shoot.

If he's simply forgotten that it's on there'll obviously be a problem with Poch, but I can't honestly think of a legitimate reason he'd miss something like that unless there's been a falling out, or, to be fair, a family emergency.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    He's probably too distraught at not being made club captain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Ade, Dembele, Rose, Chadli and Kaboul all haven't travelled for tomorrow's game.

Wonder if Vorm will finally get a start ?
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that video of him actually, very impressive. here's hoping he'll join in January rather than at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walker's op was successful by all accounts so he may be available to play again in the New Year.
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,771
    Forum Member

The problem with the video of Yedlin is that it is his mistake that lets the forward get away in the first place. We already have a right back that makes mistakes and thinks he can use his pace to get out of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No explanation as to why Aaron Lennon was missing from the team photo. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    No explanation as to why Aaron Lennon was missing from the team photo. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on it.

Makes me think it could have been a family emergency then and not really any kind of story, but even that said, you'd think it would have been mentioned either way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes me think it could have been a family emergency then and not really any kind of story, but even that said, you'd think it would have been mentioned either way.
    I suppose they can always photoshop him in if required!
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    he probably is in the photo , we just can't see it because he's "doing all the little things that go unnoticed" as usual. there's more to his posing for a photo than just posing for a photo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    he probably is in the photo , we just can't see it because he's "doing all the little things that go unnoticed" as usual. there's more to his posing for a photo than just posing for a photo.

see now that is funny :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team is in - Stambouli and Fazio start which is good. Looking forward to seeing how they get on. Vorm still doesn't start though.

Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Lennon, Paulinho, Townsend; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Dier, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Harry Kane is crap!
  • Options
    NatterleeNatterlee Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Spurs don't look to be exactly sharp- having a job staying awake so far. Townsend has contributed nothing as per usual nor has Lennon- but then what is new? Can't think any sustained periods of attack. If they play like this they will do well to win the toss let alone the competition. Come on Spurs, show some effort- you are Spurs after all!!!

Pick your best team Poch (assuming that he knows it ;-) ) and play it in ALL matches regardless of the competition- injuries aside of course. This squad nonsense never works. The great Double team of 1960-61 played together week in and week out- there was consistency- something that is lacking nowadays. We could also ask about the lack of a decent reserve team/league and whether that has impacted on player's fitness and form. It has to affect the reserve/back-up goalkeeper who now spends most of his season watching league games from the bench.

But then what do I know- I am a mere girly and have never played football in my life (apart from school) but just know what I like- and at the moment there is no sign that Spurs are capable of producing it. I'll shut up now! :-)
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Harry Kane is crap!

I wasn't harsh enough Harry Kane is effing, as the French say, merde!!!!
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,771
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    I wasn't harsh enough Harry Kane is effing, as the French say, merde!!!!

Really surprised that you can pick out Kane from that great steaming pile. None of the fringe players there pushing for a place in the first team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of those games where you blow a great big raspberry at the screen when the final whistle blows.

I'm certainly ok with a point away in a stadium like that, but we didn't really offer much of a threat throughout the game.

Fazio and Stambouli were both excellent I thought. They were as good as Townsend and Paulinho were bad. And those two were bad.

Davies kind of flitted between good and crap with worrying frequency as well.

Lamela certainly made a difference when he came on, All in all it could have been better but I'd certainly rather come away with a point and a clean sheet than anything else.
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you rest the intelligent players in the team you gotta expect clueless performances like that. Roll on January and hopefully Townsend, Lennon and Paulinho being shown the exit door.
This discussion has been closed.