Options

EastEnders - Special

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Will we get one for the 30th week? Like top 100 cliffhangers, and EE live - The aftermath??? With the BBC's poor attitude towards EastEnders these days, I can't see it happening myself.

Comments

• Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC don't have a poor attitude to EastEnders at all. There'll probably be multiple specials around the time of the 30th anniversary.

I look forward to answering your next question in your next thread that will probably appear in the next 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,997
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Will we get one for the 30th week? Like top 100 cliffhangers, and EE live - The aftermath??? With the BBC's poor attitude towards EastEnders these days, I can't see it happening myself.

I don't know what they will do but i would be surprised if they didn't do some special programme or programmes for the 30th anniversary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC don't have a poor attitude to EastEnders at all. There'll probably be multiple specials around the time of the 30th anniversary.

I look forward to answering your next question in your next thread that will probably appear in the next 5 minutes.

Letting 2 poor producers ruin the show, ignoring the ratings drop, putting it on BBC 3 at ridiculous times and sometimes never, moving the omnibus around to about 0:00 on a Saturday morning, axing the omnibus, hm, their attitude is greaaat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Letting 2 poor producers ruin the show, ignoring the ratings drop, putting it on BBC 3 at ridiculous times and sometimes never, moving the omnibus around to about 0:00 on a Saturday morning, axing the omnibus, hm, their attitude is greaaat!:D
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did things for the 20th & 25th anniversaries so unless they repeat them or do something similar. It would be nice to see something done though, like the credits with people singing.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Letting 2 poor producers ruin the show, ignoring the ratings drop, putting it on BBC 3 at ridiculous times and sometimes never, moving the omnibus around to about 0:00 on a Saturday morning, axing the omnibus, hm, their attitude is greaaat!

the omnibus is put on late so people can record it and watch at their pleasure.

as more and more people watch stuff online there will be no need to show the omnibus. the bbc are reacting to the way people watch tv not being disrespectful of their flagship programme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Letting 2 poor producers ruin the show, ignoring the ratings drop, putting it on BBC 3 at ridiculous times and sometimes never, moving the omnibus around to about 0:00 on a Saturday morning, axing the omnibus, hm, their attitude is greaaat!:D

Bryan ruined the show, Lorraine tried to build it back up so DTC worked on solid foundations. A lot of people record episodes, like my sister, she records the weeks episodes then watches them all on a Friday/Saturday night. The omnibus has been on a Friday night for ages, they haven't axed the omnibus yet btw.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    They'll probably be a documentary about the show first starting out with some newspaper writers/iconic actors talking about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Bryan ruined the show, Lorraine tried to build it back up so DTC worked on solid foundations. A lot of people record episodes, like my sister, she records the weeks episodes then watches them all on a Friday/Saturday night. The omnibus has been on a Friday night for ages, they haven't axed the omnibus yet btw.

Ah I know, but I still think it's quite poor, I agree DTC is trying I build the show back up though!:p the BBC have let some of their best shows go tbh, Doctor Who, Waterloo Road, they let EastEnders go until DTC came in, I think their attitude can be really poor!:p
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    The omnibus is no longer necessary, its constantly at the top of the iplayer charts which suggest most people go there to catch up, and it actually drags down the timeshift for Friday's episode so it makes sense to get rid of it.

BBC Three's (each channel has their own agenda, it's not all one thing) attitude towards EastEnders isn't great but that's because it isn't their programme and doesn't rate as well as it used to.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The omnibus is no longer necessary, its constantly at the top of the iplayer charts which suggest most people go there to catch up, and it actually drags down the timeshift for Friday's episode so it makes sense to get rid of it.

BBC Three's (each channel has their own agenda, it's not all one thing) attitude towards EastEnders isn't great but that's because it isn't their programme and doesn't rate as well as it used to.

The figures at 10pm were dwindling and BBC3 were told to cut repeats of BBC shows and show more original content in prime time,
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    bwfcol wrote: »
    The figures at 10pm were dwindling and BBC3 were told to cut repeats of BBC shows and show more original content in prime time,

Yeah there's no point BBC 3 using up a key part of their schedule for a repeat which doesn't get much ratings anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

true and eastenders doesn't quite meet the demographics of the market bbc3 caters to.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it won't happen but I'd love the BBC to do what they did with the 15th anniversary and get viewers to vote for there favorite episode which they will then reshow, I seem to recall it was Tiffany's death that won the vote the last time they did it, also showing the first episode again like ITV has done with Corrie's last two big birthday celebrations would also be a nice touch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I know it won't happen but I'd love the BBC to do what they did with the 15th anniversary and get viewers to vote for there favorite episode which they will then reshow, I seem to recall it was Tiffany's death that won the vote the last time they did it, also showing the first episode again like ITV has done with Corrie's last two big birthday celebrations would also be a nice touch.

That would be good. I love the 15th anniversary episode, all the characters stuck in the vic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does BBC3 go online only?

The repeat dates back to BBC Choice in the early 2000's which was mainly repeats and when BBC3 took over, that carried on but a lot of other stuff was cut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The repeat dates back to BBC Choice in the early 2000's which was mainly repeats and when BBC3 took over, that carried on but a lot of other stuff was cut.

next April I think. that would make sense as its a new budget year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't need a string of itv2/bbc3 style shows anniversary week. as long as the week of episodes are top notch that's all that matters surely. :)
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are planning a whole week of specials according to that Charlotte Moore woman. It would be good if they showed some of the classic episodes. Maybe we could vote for our faves from a selection like we did at the time of the 15th birthday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be interesting to see of ITV clash episodes of their soaps with EastEnders last week or BBC do hour special episodes up against ITV soaps
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt say the previous producers ruined the show, as some seem to think..

Bryan Kirkwood moved the focus to teens which wasnt great, however there were a few standout storylines... The main prob for me was the loss of the older characters and the community feel...... Lorraine Newman did bring the older characters back along with the conmunity feel, she also knew how to mix dark with happy... Her main issue was the storylines, they were just too boring and slow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »

Bryan Kirkwood moved the focus to teens which wasnt great, however there were a few standout storylines... The main prob for me was the loss of the older characters and the community feel...... Lorraine Newman did bring the older characters back along with the conmunity feel, she also knew how to mix dark with happy... Her main issue was the storylines, they were just too boring and slow!

I will say her best work was around this time last year, Kat & Alfie reunited & Michael Moons Halloween death...the latter being very griping, especially since it was at a similar time of the Emmerdale siege.

One thing I will say was good about Bryan Kirkwood was that he did EE specials, such as the Greatest Weddings & Deaths programmes. I used to love watching them. Also credits like Peggy Mitchell's 'Peggys theme' with the credits showing her walk down Bridge Street. Also, Pats death credits, a black screen with 'Pats theme' playing. Plus their was Stacy's exit, similar to Kathy's exit 12 years prior.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,206
    Forum Member

I seem to recall for a time BBC Choice or BBC Three showed the next episode before it aired on BBC1, much like the first look E4 does for Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »

Woaahhh, the minute you say he moved the focus to teens, I sort of lost interest, that IS ruining the show!:D I agree though, he made lots of things 'kids central' and now we're still stuck with it! Lauren, Peter, Lola, Jay, Abi, Dexter, Fatboy, Whitney, Cindy, Liam, Johnny, Nancy, Tamwar, Lee, Ben... And all their silly relationships, wish they could axe some of them!:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woaahhh, the minute you say he moved the focus to teens, I sort of lost interest, that IS ruining the show!:D I agree though, he made lots of things 'kids central' and now we're still stuck with it! Lauren, Peter, Lola, Jay, Abi, Dexter, Fatboy, Whitney, Cindy, Liam, Johnny, Nancy, Tamwar, Lee, Ben... And all their silly relationships, wish they could axe some of them!:(

in your opinion

I like the teen interactions and forging of friendships and relationships. reminds me a bit of the early days. plus they are the future of the show