ATA not working on Belkin router

Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there,

I was hoping somebody could help please.

I got my friends Sipura SPA-1001 ATA setup at home after a few problems, but when he took it home to plug into his router it did not work (although it works ok when installed back onto my router).

Somebody said it may be the firewall blocking that port - I've had a look in the Belkin settings, but could not see anything obvious to free-up the port it uses.

Just wondering if anybody had installed one of these onto a Belkin wireless router?

If not I think I'll just have to EMAIL Belkin support once I have taken some more details down.

I've setup the ATA with a Sipgate account and the port it's using is 5061 and the IP address is 192.168.2.5

Cheers, Mark.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    What are the symptoms of it not working? i.e. does it not register to the SIP proxy, cannot place outbound call, cannot receive call, one-way audio, etc.

Make sure you've set-up STUN on the SPA, and also it wouldn't hurt to set-up port forwarding on the router- forward the SIP port 5061 (TCP and UDP), 5004 (UDP) and RTP ports (UDP, depends on the SPA but I think default is 16384-16482). As a quick test, you can place the SPA in the DMZ of the router to see if the router is blocking ports.

Also, it would be helpful to specify the exact model of the router to see if anyone else has had problems with that model. A firmware upgrade on the router may fix the problem.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jon2099 wrote:
    What are the symptoms of it not working? i.e. does it not register to the SIP proxy, cannot place outbound call, cannot receive call, one-way audio, etc.

Make sure you've set-up STUN on the SPA, and also it wouldn't hurt to set-up port forwarding on the router- forward the SIP port 5061 (TCP and UDP), 5004 (UDP) and RTP ports (UDP, depends on the SPA but I think default is 16384-16482). As a quick test, you can place the SPA in the DMZ of the router to see if the router is blocking ports.

Also, it would be helpful to specify the exact model of the router to see if anyone else has had problems with that model. A firmware upgrade on the router may fix the problem.

Hi there - thanks for the reply.

The problem is that it is failing at the registration (where it works ok on my router.

I did give it a go turning off the firewall completely and that did not do any good.

I'll have to have another play when I'm next round there and see if that works.

Sorry, but the reason that I did not give the model etc was that I had a quick look at it on Thursday night (for about 15 mins) and have not popped back for another look yet).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    OK, as a first go try putting it in the DMZ. If that doesn't work, then try upgrading the router firmware. Assuming that works, take it back behind the firewall and start trying port forwarding.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jon2099 wrote:
    OK, as a first go try putting it in the DMZ. If that doesn't work, then try upgrading the router firmware. Assuming that works, take it back behind the firewall and start trying port forwarding.

Ok - thanks again for that.

I'll have to give that a go 1st when I manage to get back round there (might be Sunday now as quite busy until then).

Cheers, Mark.