Isn't this voting change a bit fishy???

1235»

Comments

• lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    To put it in more general terms, they wanted to retain some control over who goes on tour and who doesn't. At the very least, the voting figures from the last few weeks, plus online polls and other gauges of public opinion, were enough to give them cause to believe that they were in serious danger of losing one or more acts that they wanted for the tour, so they made it a single eviction tonight so that they were not forced into a situation that they didn't want but over which they had no control.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caz789 wrote: »
    I suspect you are spot on ;)

EDIT - but it is possible Treyc finished bottom.

Very true - but I think John finished lower than TreyC in the first two weeks and therefore the producers would've assumed that would happen again.
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Very true - but I think John finished lower than TreyC in the first two weeks and therefore the producers would've assumed that would happen again.
    What makes you think that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were eliminting two because of the 4 wild cards they added.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    What makes you think that?

John always strikes me as someone who's forgettable. He didn't even have the Wildcard story to pull him through, like Paije has. He's always gone very early on the show (2nd, 6th, 2nd) and is smothered by the more talked about acts from that moment on. I think he'll have got through by the skin of his teeth in week one, had a minor bounce in week 2, and then (obviously) back down again in week 3.

TreyC in comparison had a sort of bandwagon behind her as people felt she deserved a place in the live shows along with Gamu. She went last in week 1 which would've boosted her vote slighty, and sung an iconic song in week 2 which I think would've boosted her vote. I feel she is more memorable than John, and I do think there is a section of support out there who will vote for her regardless as they want her to stay ahead of Katie/Cher to prove Cheryl wrong. Obviously not big enough to keep her out of the bottom two, but a section.

I'm probably totally wrong in regards to this; it's just what I think. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was some time ago now, but I'm sure I read that they will finish the competition later this year and not go for the christmas number one, so they wont have the fiasco of last year. This apparantly was coming from Simon.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eff me I just watched John's survival song.That is hard to sing, he made it look so easy.

Wowser this show is shit.
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    John always strikes me as someone who's forgettable. He didn't even have the Wildcard story to pull him through, like Paije has. He's always gone very early on the show (2nd, 6th, 2nd) and is smothered by the more talked about acts from that moment on. I think he'll have got through by the skin of his teeth in week one, had a minor bounce in week 2, and then (obviously) back down again in week 3.

TreyC in comparison had a sort of bandwagon behind her as people felt she deserved a place in the live shows along with Gamu. She went last in week 1 which would've boosted her vote slighty, and sung an iconic song in week 2 which I think would've boosted her vote. I feel she is more memorable than John, and I do think there is a section of support out there who will vote for her regardless as they want her to stay ahead of Katie/Cher to prove Cheryl wrong. Obviously not big enough to keep her out of the bottom two, but a section.

I'm probably totally wrong in regards to this; it's just what I think. :o
    OK, thanks for explaining your reasoning for thinking that was likely to be the case. It all seems perfectly sensible, and I'm inclined to agree. Still, we never know how things have actually gone in the vote (not until much later, at any rate). It's still possible that TreyC was doing worse than John.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am liking Katie more and more but Cher is doing the same thing every week in my opinion.
    Cher, Mary, Matt and Aidan are in danger of being predictable. Which is fine after the competition but to stay in they need to show some versitility.
    Hopefully TreyC hasn't put them off from her song "What A Whole Lotta Love." It was a risk but she still did not deserve to be in the bottom two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Maybe they plan on throwing in a surprise double elimination when they don't expect it, that'd really shock some of the contestants if it is kept a secret until the sat show.

or they fear someone is on the verge of quitting/being thrown off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinell wrote: »
    More than just "fishy", it's a blatant contradiction of their own published terms and conditions which state quite unequivocally:

"Weeks 1 – 4 (inclusive)

The act with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated from the competition. The next two acts with the lowest number of votes will then face the judges."

Clearly one act that the producers want to keep was destined for lowest place this evening and thus automatic elimination, hence the last minute ditching of the terms and conditions.

Frankly any shred of integrity this show ever had has long since disappeared.

How can they know one of the acts was destined for the bottom two when the announcement that only one act would go was made before the lines even opened?

Surely if John and Treyc both polled the lowest votes then they could save the third lowest act if they wanted to? Belle Amie or otherwise.

These conspiracy theories are getting frankly pathetic.. what happened to just watching a tv show and enjoying it?
  • Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ziggysucks wrote: »
    How can they know one of the acts was destined for the bottom two when the announcement that only one act would go was made before the lines even opened?

Surely if John and Treyc both polled the lowest votes then they could save the third lowest act if they wanted to? Belle Amie or otherwise.

These conspiracy theories are getting frankly pathetic.. what happened to just watching a tv show and enjoying it?

Producers would have seen the voting patterns of the last two weeks so will have had a firm idea of who the bottom four/five would have been. They moved the goalpost as others have said for the tour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    ziggysucks wrote: »

Obviously they didn't know for sure how the voting would go in advance; what people are suggesting is that, from the voting figures in previous weeks, the producers had a good idea of which acts would be in trouble this week, and perhaps wanted to save one or more from the (potential) chop.
  • blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna2010 wrote: »
    Producers would have seen the voting patterns of the last two weeks so will have had a firm idea of who the bottom four/five would have been. They moved the goalpost as others have said for the tour.

why are some people still failing to realise this? :p
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    apparently the bottom three would have been John, TreyC and Cher this week (from source at x-factor to my close friend) - can't prove it until voting figures come out obviously but he trusts this person
  • LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    If 2 went per week everyweek there wouldnt be the final just before Xmas, seriously complaining to OFCOM is such a waste of rescources.
  • boardboyboardboy Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Oh for gods sake.

1) Simon doesnt really care that much who wins, as long as their credible, he'll sign whoever he wants in addition, and drop any flops.

2) They have consistantly thrown in single and double elimations at will over the years

3) You were told it was a single elimination on the Saturday night, just as the lines opened
  • Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinell wrote: »
    More than just "fishy", it's a blatant contradiction of their own published terms and conditions which state quite unequivocally:

"Weeks 1 – 4 (inclusive)

The act with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated from the competition. The next two acts with the lowest number of votes will then face the judges."

Clearly one act that the producers want to keep was destined for lowest place this evening and thus automatic elimination, hence the last minute ditching of the terms and conditions.

Frankly any shred of integrity this show ever had has long since disappeared.

From the link you gave:
    Voting results:

The outcome of the vote will be shown in the programme on ITV.

Each week, at the discretion of ITV or the producer:

· - the act(s) with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated from the competition, with the next two or more acts with the lowest number of votes to face the judges; or
    · - the act(s) with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated from the competition; or
    · - the two or more acts with the lowest number of votes will face the judges; or any other combination of eliminations based on the public vote and/or the judges’ decision will apply.

In each case, the elimination format, and any specific terms relating to that week’s elimination, will be announced in the applicable on-air interaction information.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    From the link you gave:

Yes, they changed it after the elimination.