Hirsty leaves the Captial Breakfast Show.

Comments

• jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when he quit Viking for Galaxy, EMAP stuck him on overnights in notice period.

In recent Moyles thread I suggested that sometime in the future he and Hirsty would work together on something. So who knows, that may come true - they were out yesterday per Twitter feed.

So I'm now stuck at what to listen to at breakfast again. After Jk & Joel left Viking, I listened to Hirsty morning glory, then Dose, before defecting to Moyles. Eventually I settled back to Hirsty but only because of him rather than wanting to listen to Capital.

Any recommendations, Lincs based but receive Yorks DAB?
  • Rob793Rob793 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In recent Moyles thread I suggested that sometime in the future he and Hirsty would work together on something. So who knows, that may come true - they were out yesterday per Twitter feed.

Assuming you mean Saturday, yes they both appeared on stage at the Let's Rock Leeds 80's festival. This surprised me and my friends - we were hoping for a big radio announcement!
  • bringbackGalaxybringbackGalaxy Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Perhaps he didn't want one.

It makes sense not to have one.

Kyle Davies is responsible! See below! And on his last day!

The Capital Breakfast Show
    13 June
    Hirsty is actually worse at answering the questions than he is at asking them! #useless
    Play video0:15
    LikeLike · · Share
    Top Comments
    145 people like this.

Kyle Davies Ow Hirsty you should be ashamed!! You let the side down!!! Quit radio and go to collage lol
    Like · Reply · 13 June at 09:41

The Capital Breakfast Show ...
    Like · 1 · 13 June at 15:39

Sharon Marshall he didn't stand a chance really haveing to think and ride a bike . we all know men carn't do 2 things at once .
    Like · Reply · 5 · 13 June at 09:45
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will all due leave last week because of the 24 hour in Barcelona promotion, so Hirsty wasnt due in anyway, thats why it took until Friday to release the news.
  • marflittsmarflitts Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    The trouble is, Global's removal of all evidence that he was ever there, (from the Capital / Gold websites) gives the impression (rightly or wrongly) that he was pushed.

I hope you are right.

http://www.capitalfm.com/yorkshire/on-air/breakfast/ Still shows him when I just looked :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    marflitts wrote: »
    http://www.capitalfm.com/yorkshire/on-air/breakfast/ Still shows him when I just looked :confused:

True. However gone from twitter; twitter.com/hirstycapital - imagine they will change it to a generic name now.
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as we're reeling from the shock of Hirsty leaving comes news that Dominic Byrne has quit Capital breakfast http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/06/dominic-byrne-leaves-capital-breakfast/ :o I guess he just couldn't recapture the magic of the good old days with Moyles and co
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a pretty shock announcement to be honest. If it was personal reasons that Simon couldn't commit to mornings; wouldn't it of made sense to pull him from schedule for 3 months and then bring him back in somewhere else? To have so little time to announce the exit and not even have a "final week" after doing 11 years (with such a core listener following) is absurd.

He's in the same league as Chris Moyles. Clever radio head who has a clear passion for music and the radio medium. His anonymous confessional will go down as one of my all time favourite features. I'm surprised BBC Radio 1 never made a dive for him years ago before/after Chris Moyle's time at the station.

If it's a personal illness after some bad events that have happened recently, then I hope he returns to full health. A BBC presenting post would be fitting for Simon if he gets the chance. Would be shame for him to leave Radio along with Moyles with no indication for a return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotmat3k wrote: »
    This is a pretty shock announcement to be honest. If it was personal reasons that Simon couldn't commit to mornings; wouldn't it of made sense to pull him from schedule for 3 months and then bring him back in somewhere else? To have so little time to announce the exit and not even have a "final week" after doing 11 years (with such a core listener following) is absurd.

He's in the same league as Chris Moyles. Clever radio head who has a clear passion for music and the radio medium. His anonymous confessional will go down as one of my all time favourite features. I'm surprised BBC Radio 1 never made a dive for him years ago before/after Chris Moyle's time at the station.

If it's a personal illness after some bad events that have happened recently, then I hope he returns to full health. A BBC presenting post would be fitting for Simon if he gets the chance. Would be shame for him to leave Radio along with Moyles with no indication for a return.

Hirsty was out on the beer with Moyles the day of the announcement. Pictures on his Twitter account. Maybe Moyles helped Simon to reach his decision.
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mixradio wrote: »
    True. However gone from twitter; twitter.com/hirstycapital - imagine they will change it to a generic name now.

Now @hirstydannyjojo

I wonder if Danny and JoJo are running down their contracts and gives them chance to try Adam O'Neill out/find a new co-host.

I am sure they said they had recently got another year.

Listened to 20 minutes on and off this morning seems to be same show Fitty 500 remains and other features I guess. Just known as Capital Breakfast - Hirsty's Daily dose was a great name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    dzfootball wrote: »
    Now @hirstydannyjojo

I wonder if Danny and JoJo are running down their contracts and gives them chance to try Adam O'Neill out/find a new co-host.

I am sure they said they had recently got another year.

Listened to 20 minutes on and off this morning seems to be same show Fitty 500 remains and other features I guess. Just known as Capital Breakfast - Hirsty's Daily dose was a great name.

I think Danny and JoJo should just present the breakfast show themselves. No need for a new co host. I do imagine the JoJo will pack it in eventually as she is the only original presenter left as she started when Kiss 105 started on the 14th February 1997.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if he does take a 6 Month Break that would mean he would Start his new Show in January which would make sense if its a New Breakfast Show
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @AdamDannyJoJo correction
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hirsty was out on the beer with Moyles the day of the announcement. Pictures on his Twitter account. Maybe Moyles helped Simon to reach his decision.
    Maybe so. Doing those early mornings and being consistently in the public eye probably doesn't do anyone good.

There's hoping Chris and Simon get together to either join one station to resurge it or do a pet project involving radio someway. They'll both have plenty of money and experience between them.
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hotmat3k wrote: »
    Doing those early mornings and being consistently in the public eye probably doesn't do anyone good.

It must be awful for them. I suspect they'll want to try something less taxing, like wiping arses for the minimum wage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never know maybe Chris,simon and dom will set a station up similar to Fubar radio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passengers wrote: »
    It must be awful for them. I suspect they'll want to try something less taxing, like wiping arses for the minimum wage.
    Not many people would want to get up at 4am everyday and have the confidence to speak to millions of people 5 days a week. There's not an emotional element to wiping arses.

Maybe you should wipe your own before speaking. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passengers, those arses you speak of belong to people, most of whom are disabled through no fault of their own.

I agree carers should be paid more, but think about how dehumanising what you are saying is for the people who depend on their service, kindness and compassion. I'm not just an arse to be wiped - human like you.

I can even talk and think.
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My apologies for the flippant remark, it was a clumsy way of making the point that there are many jobs that are a million times more taxing than presenting a breakfast show.
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Its not the first time Global have suddenly dropped a breakfast show presenter. They dropped Mark Forrest from the early brakfast programme on Classic FM without any notice about a couple of years ago.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simes188 wrote: »
    Its not the first time Global have suddenly dropped a breakfast show presenter. They dropped Mark Forrest from the early brakfast programme on Classic FM without any notice about a couple of years ago.

And as I previously said, they did it with Johnny Vaughn on Capital London, which at the time was London’s most listened to breakfast show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    He's after posting a clip on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hirstyhome/its

The fact he has just recorded something could suggest he's not finishing with radio anymore?
  • Jonathan_GoldJonathan_Gold Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    gavindowd wrote: »
    He's after posting a clip on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hirstyhome/its

The fact he has just recorded something could suggest he's not finishing with radio anymore?

If you play it backwards.... he tells you what station he's going to... :D
  • mmmmmmagicmmmmmmagic Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    My money is still on a networked Hallam/Aire/Viking mid morning show from January.

Incidentally, isn't Aire the only one he hasn't worked at?
  • Jonathan_GoldJonathan_Gold Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    mmmmmmagic wrote: »
    My money is still on a networked Hallam/Aire/Viking mid morning show from January.

Incidentally, isn't Aire the only one he hasn't worked at?

Simon was at Aire in 1992... it was his first gig