Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with Times and Telegraph links is that if you don't have a subscription you're limited to the first few lines (The Times) or 20 articles a month (The Telegraph) so generally can't access the article.
    It's useful to paste some of the text into the post as well, to give those who can't read the article an idea ...
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    If you tune in quickly to LBC (97.3 FM), Dee is on any minute now. Iain Dale said he met up with her earlier and it's a conversation we might not want to miss. Hmmmm...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »
    If you tune in quickly to LBC (97.3 FM), Dee is on any minute now. Iain Dale said he met up with her earlier and it's a conversation we might not want to miss. Hmmmm...

Missed that...........does anyone have a link to any remarks she made about UKIP and or Nigel Farage I am sure she made some nasty comments.
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »

Apologies if you bothered to tune in for that. I think Iain Dale was hyping it up a bit when he mentioned it earlier - it was actually pretty dull!
    Forum Member
    pingolian wrote: »
    Missed that...........does anyone have a link to any remarks she made about UKIP and or Nigel Farage I am sure she made some nasty comments.

I am not aware of anything really bad she's said about any of the political parties. If you google 'Deirdre Kelly UKIP' there are quite a few articles referring to what she's been saying at the Conservative Party conference, eg this in the DM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    The problem with Times and Telegraph links is that if you don't have a subscription you're limited to the first few lines (The Times) or 20 articles a month (The Telegraph) so generally can't access the article.
    It's useful to paste some of the text into the post as well, to give those who can't read the article an idea ...

Sorry, I didn't realise the Telegraph was so restricted, but I obviously don't read it often enough. Here is the article, which isn't very long:

James Turner Street, in Winson Green, is just two miles from the secure zone of the International Convention Centre in Birmingham.

But Deirdre Kelly could have been forgiven for thinking that the Conservative Party was a world away from "Benefits Street", the subject of a controversial Channel 4 documentary earlier this year.

However, the standout star of the programme received a warm welcome at a fringe event hosted by the think-tank Policy Exchange.

For the most part, Ms Kelly found herself agreeing with former Employment Minister, and fellow panellist Mark Hoban.

She reserved her warmest words, though, for the Ukip Leader Nigel Farage, when she said that she could "very well" vote for the party.

She also said that he was being "smart" for not talking about welfare - because the other parties were "digging a big hole" for themselves and will allow Mr Farage to "swoop in and clean up."

Interesting comment about Farage being smart, I thought, for not talking about welfare so Ukip could swoop in and clean up.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is the media making out she's an expert on benefits just because she was bonking on for a few years?? :p

I'd rather listen to a lamposts view of the world :p
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    why is the media making out she's an expert on benefits just because she was bonking on for a few years?? :p

I'd rather listen to a lamposts view of the world :p

It's a cruel cold world out there, dogs pissing up you all hours - let me tell you!
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    It's a cruel cold world out there, dogs pissing up you all hours - let me tell you!

how's it working constant night shifts? i've heard it can impact on your health
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind would listen to anything that repulsive scrounger has to say.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it could be worse, you could be a dogs back garden, how can we help the long term unemployed back into work? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind would listen to anything that repulsive scrounger has to say.>:(

she was on benefits for years on the telly, so she must know her stuff, I'd imagine Cameron and co are busy rewriting their policies now Dee has spoken. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    how's it working constant night shifts? i've heard it can impact on your health

Having a bit of a wrangle with ATOS as we speak trying to prove the woodworm is genuine
    Forum Member
    Having a bit of a wrangle with ATOS as we speak trying to prove the woodworm is genuine

yeah woodworm in concrete can be a bugger to prove.:(
    good luck with that though :)
  • Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    Are they making her a member of the Bullingdon Club?

Lesley Brain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She also said that he was being "smart" for not talking about welfare - because the other parties were "digging a big hole" for themselves and will allow Mr Farage to "swoop in and clean up."

discussing an economic topic at a party conference is 'digging a hole', and not discussing it is 'smart'? Heaven help us.
    Are they making her a member of the Bullingdon Club?

Lesley Brain

Pitch the idea to Ch 5. I reckon you could make a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    yeah woodworm in concrete can be a bugger to prove.:(
    good luck with that though :)

Are you trying to say I'm faking it? >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't realise the Telegraph was so restricted, but I obviously don't read it often enough. Here is the article, which isn't very long:
    Thanks for that :)
    The Telegraph restriction only came in about a month ago (I used my allowance up in lesss than an hour :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry - I've only just switched on ... what was that about lamp posts? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Are you trying to say I'm faking it? >:(

good lord no!
    it's just rare.
    if your illness doesn't have a box to tick it makes it so much harder....
    and woodworm in concrete, well it just doesn't get the publicity of other diseases does it?^_^
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth would the conservatives invite her to speak at their conference. :confused::confused:
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that :)
    The Telegraph restriction only came in about a month ago (I used my allowance up in lesss than an hour :D)

Hi, Dave...I know this is nothing to do with what you are saying above but the Mods have deleted my 'Deleted' thread....what a cheek!!
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear god, she's thinking of joining UKIP! Nooooooooo
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Why on earth would the conservatives invite her to speak at their conference. :confused::confused:

Perhaps they felt it a good idea to have a former claimant who agrees with their benefit reforms?