Options

Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• Options
    FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I haven't really met many celebs, but Jason Stollsteimer from the Von Bondies said 'hi' and thanked me when I said good luck to him before a Von Bondies gig in Brighton a while back. Chris Ellison (DCI Burnside on The Bill) is also a genuinely nice guy, not at all the tough detective!

These people are just people, I guess fame changes many, I have to say, I'd hate people interupting me if I was doing everyday stuff, but I would be civil and professional if doing work-related stuff.
  • Options
    Marty McFlyMarty McFly Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    My oh met her years ago when she appeared at Butlins. All the staff said how much of a diva she was, and this was years before Eastenders. Her vile treatment to her assistants and dressers, and her foul mouth was very much in contrast to her "cheeky cockney sparrah" persona.

Weird, I have met her a few times in recent years and she has always been lovely. Maybe she has changed?? Everytime I read things from other actors about her, they say very nice things. The other thing about her is she has been very honest about her life and said about the not very nice things she has done in the past. Most celebs just lie until they get caught out by the press. I don't think Windsor is an angel but some of the attacks on here go beyond normal bile that some celebs get,
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    I'm really sorry you feel like this:(
    I have to say that the majority of men I know and have known are good, decent blokes.
    I think men get tarred with a very broad brush nowadays and shouldn't all be judged on the actions of a few; there are just as many awful women out there as there are men, imo.
    I really hope you meet some good guys in the near future and are able to feel differently:)
    yeah girls can be horrible too but i can't realy judge them on how they treat their men etc i've only had trouble with girls who bully others :(

there was a guy i really liked and he was such an arse. kept making me think he liked me but i was too young not to realize he was just playing me :( (didnt help that my so called mates kept encouraging me)
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never heard a bad word said against the member of A-Ha by the fans. Even when I got Morten's autograph, many years back, he was an utter delight. I was so glad because he was my first major crush and if he had been horrible I would have been heartbroken.

My Hubby has met Mohammed Ali (a total gentleman), and knew Ayrton Senna, Nelson Piquet Snr, Alain Prost and loved them. Hubby met James Hunt, Nigel Mansell and hated them with a passion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I also think the way the media portrays men is absolutely abhorrent. They go out of their way to send out the message that men are either snivelling idiots who cower in terror at the smart, sassy woman (read: smug bitches) or that men are "bad boys" (read: total gits) who are just being "lads" and treating women badly is the norm. There is no sensible inbetween. Over the last decade, the media have successfully stripped the white British male of any ounce of dignity.

:

I detest the way men are presented in advertisements, in which they endlessly blunder about being dim while bossy women put them right. But I can't for the life of me see why we need the word 'white' in that sentence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the tabloids will have a field day!

I am aware of the rumours about Jimmy Savile, but think the rumours should be offset against the known facts, which do genuinely involve raising a vast sum for charity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest the way men are presented in advertisements, in which they endlessly blunder about being dim while bossy women put them right. But I can't for the life of me see why we need the word 'white' in that sentence.

Because white males are still the majority on British TV, and, indeed, in Britain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    i didnt actually meet her myself but in the summer i was walking on the southbank and i saw a croud of people by the fences outside the itv studios, carol mcgiffen had a car waiting (and she was off on her holidays that day according to her twitter) but i saw her come over to the fence to chat to the people there for a while, don't know if she does that all the time, or if the other ladies do but i thought it was nice of her, especially when she had a holiday to prepare for
  • Options
    Hells_ChickenHells_Chicken Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with whoever it was earlier that Darius Campbell is lovely. Have met him many times and he always has time for fans. I once saw him spend 1.5 hrs at a gig in Northampton talking to everyone who attended.

James Blunt was really great when he first started (got to know him via his drummer, Karl Brazil, fab bloke) after going stellar have no idea what he is like now. On the crap side .... Snooker-er Dennis Taylor was really horrible to my mum and nan at a signing My nan said "I hope you never ever win anything ever again ... and to date he never has!!
  • Options
    Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    There was a thread on here a few years ago, my eyes smarted at what I read. :eek: :eek:

That thread was duly deleted, not surprisingly, as the old geezer is still breathing.

I think his funeral song should be 'thank heaven for leetle boys' sung in a french accent. :D

Joan Hickson was a treasure, polite ,charming even when she was a little unwell she was still happy to chat, she sadly passed within the month, even though i met her only the once when i heard of her death i was devastated and upset. Loved her as Ms Marple.

I read a post on here about Dame Judy Dench and the sanitary towel incident, so i guess she is a total horror.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    Because white males are still the majority on British TV, and, indeed, in Britain.

Forgot to add - because white British males are considered "fair game" when it comes to being the butt of jokes - they're picked on the most by the media because it's "PC" to do so. That's what I actually meant - apologies for not being clear.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I read a post on here about Dame Judy Dench and the sanitary towel incident, so i guess she is a total horror.

:confused: Pray tell!
  • Options
    Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    :confused: Pray tell!

Been trying to find the post again but what follows is hopefully near to the original.

Dench had been in a clothing store in London with her entouradges and took stuff through to the fitting rooms, anyway she pranced out,left the shop throwing the garments at the sales assistant, when said assistant went to check the cubical allegedly she found a used sanitary product, blood spotted disposable hankies. Again i seem to recall some of the returned garments had been soiled with lady garden discharge.

I think its in the not so nice celebs thread.
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good friend of mine worled in a hotal in Dublin some years back and met Kylie and said she was lovely, polite and friendly but also very shy, she also met Madonna and said was ok but very cold and in the same hotel met Jon Bon Jovi and said he was absolutly horrengous, she was a huge fan of his but said she would never buy another record after meeting him.

My own personal experience i met the wrestler bret hotman hart was was not nice to meet and he is nothing like what is portrays on tv.

I met Sinead O'Connor some years back and expected her to be awful but she was extremely nice and this was back in the day when her career was flying.
  • Options
    hillen51hillen51 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Talking of Bruce Forsyth I am a fan but do recall when I was at a golf pro-am in Scotland in the 1970s I and a few others asked him for his autograph. He grudgingly gave us them but muttered to his playing partner that this was the first aspect of being well known. !!!!!

Bear in mind this was in front of the public. I also got autographs of other celebrities including Ronnie Corbett and Bing Crosby and they were more than happy to sign. I was 15 at the time but almost 35 years later it still sticks in my mind. NOT NICE TO SEE HIM NICE. GOOD GAME, GOOD GAME.,
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird, I have met her a few times in recent years and she has always been lovely. Maybe she has changed?? Everytime I read things from other actors about her, they say very nice things. The other thing about her is she has been very honest about her life and said about the not very nice things she has done in the past. Most celebs just lie until they get caught out by the press. I don't think Windsor is an angel but some of the attacks on here go beyond normal bile that some celebs get,

Maybe she had changed by then. As I said, this was years before Eastenders and her "new found popularity".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I met Lulu once, she was very nice, signed autographs for everyone waiting, even though it was dark and raining. Also met Jamie Archer a couple of months ago,I banged straight into him and he apologized, then had pictures taken etc with loads of people,he was lovely.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dench had been in a clothing store in London with her entouradges and took stuff through to the fitting rooms, anyway she pranced out,left the shop throwing the garments at the sales assistant, when said assistant went to check the cubical allegedly she found a used sanitary product, blood spotted disposable hankies. Again i seem to recall some of the returned garments had been soiled with lady garden discharge.

Gross! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    I totally disagree.

Ditto. I think Michael comes across as friendly and approachable.
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy Saville. Vile. Nobody in Leeds has a good word to say about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Jimmy Saville. Vile. Nobody in Leeds has a good word to say about him.

Why not?
  • Options
    Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been trying to find the post again but what follows is hopefully near to the original.

I think its in the not so nice celebs thread.

Judi Dench was born in 1934. Surely she's long past needing sanitary products.
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't understand that hate for Babs Windsor. I met her when I had work experience at the BBC and I just stopped her at Eltstree in the canteen and she was very nice and sociable. Very friendly in person.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Gina Bellman - barking mad. A friend drove her down from Luton to London and she kept rattling on about Voltaire and then changed mid-sentence to how Harry Ramsden's had gone downhill!

Agyness Deyn - also mad, but in a nice way. Kept hopping from foot to foot as she signed a couple of autographs - like she had had 16 cups of coffee or something. Made a mumbled, half-heard comment involving the words "me fanny...".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Sheila Hancock is a piece of work. She came into the pub I worked in during my gap year, and asked to have a tab despite not having a credit card with her. I said as politely as I could that I wasn't allowed to, but she got into a right huff and just stormed off. Was not impressed at all...