Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the spanish song is very pretty
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    stanld03 wrote: »
    Ooh, as a side-note, I've just found a Glennis Grace version of a popular song from the contest. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF79kG8yF2Y

Sounds vaguely familiar, that's four languages I've heard that song in now... :)

Italy could have a very good chance this time too.
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK have made a mistake in SF2 and 3. Ukraine is now in SF3, with Hungary now in SF2. So please make sure your votes are not corrected.
    AxG wrote: »
    1. Denmark - Lukas Graham - Better Than Yourself
    2. Austria - Melissa Tkautz - Glamorous Life
    3. Scotland - Sandi Thom - Flesh and Blood
    4. Ireland - The Saturdays - What About Us
    5. Andorra - La Musicalite - Última noche en la tierra
    6. Georgia - Valeriy Meladze & Anastasia Prikhodko - Byezotvyetno
    7. Latvia - Jasie Kruz - It's Over
    8. Finland - Maija Vilkkumaa - Lottovoitto
    9. Croatia - Severina - Uzbuna
    10. Czech Republic - Lisa Miskovsky - Got A Friend
    11. Slovenia - Nina Pušlar - Odhajam z vetrom
    12. Switzerland - Kat Graham - Wanna Say
    13. Netherlands - Mattanja Joy Bradley - Beautiful Imperfections
    14. Cyprus - Anna Vissi - Protimo
    15. Germany - Michael Schulte - You Said You'd Grow Old With Me
    16. Luxembourg - AnnaGrace - Ready To Fall In Love
    17. Spain - Russian Red - Everyday Everynight
    18. France - Matthew Raymond Barker - Trash (tout le monde jump sur le bar)
    19. Hungary - Tóth Gabi - Elég volt

Playlist

Vote in the usual Eurovision fashion, and voting closes on the 16th February 2013.
  • Options
    CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Top 10 for SF1

Albania
    England
    Estonia
    Iceland
    Italy
    Liechtenstein
    Morocco
    Romania
    Tunisia
    Wales
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    i'm feeling a bit let down by the Italian entries this contest - Chiara is a bit plain and don't particully like NESLI
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Pooley wrote: »
    i'm feeling a bit let down by the Italian entries this contest - Chiara is a bit plain and don't particully like NESLI

In some angles she has a look of Sarah Ferguson.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what's happened to Wales. In 2011 they only made 3 finals all year with only 1 top 10 finish (admittedly it was a win), then last year 9 finals including 6 top 6 finishes and 2 wins! And I think they're going to be doing extremely well this time round as well.

I had Wales twice and I could never find anything for them. :(
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    ok votes sent for semi 1 - didn't think the quality was very good if i'm honest - struggled to fill points only really like my top 5 and my own song

hey ho will look at semi 2 on thursday probably
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Pooley wrote: »
    ok votes sent for semi 1 - didn't think the quality was very good if i'm honest - struggled to fill points only really like my top 5 and my own song

hey ho will look at semi 2 on thursday probably

I am the exact same.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Pooley about the Italian songs tbh. Italy is totally overshadowed by Albania for me and San Marino is just nails down a blackboard.

Anyway, the 8 songs I'd like to qualify:

Albania
    England
    Estonia
    Liechtenstein
    Montenegro
    Northern Ireland
    Romania
    Wales
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't get what's happened to Wales. In 2011 they only made 3 finals all year with only 1 top 10 finish (admittedly it was a win), then last year 9 finals including 6 top 6 finishes and 2 wins! And I think they're going to be doing extremely well this time round as well.

I had Wales twice and I could never find anything for them. :(

It is a bit weird, when I had Isle of Man it was as a Welsh microstate so that was another one, I thought I'd done quite well reaching the final at the time but Wales have done even better since. The most surprising thing was even after all those great results only one person asked for Wales in Jurmala, and that was as a 5th choice. Then they won again!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semifinal 1

Romania:
    This was all right, a decent opening to the playlist.

Montenegro:
    Not a fan sorry.

Armenia:
    This was bad, just didn't like it at all.

Monaco:
    This is OK, I think it will be a grower.

Tunisia:
    Not for me.

Azerbaijan:
    Two of the worst eurovision winners in one song yay, it was as bad as I imagined :(.

Wales:
    I liked this its sweet.

Estonia:
    Didn't know Tanja was such a popular name, this is a bit generic I thought but its OK,

Liechtenstein:
    I'm liking this, its a good entry.

Serbia:
    Not liking this really.

Greenland:
    I like it, Soluna is a really nice girl as well.

Morocco:
    I couldn't get into this, kudos for being different though.

Italy:
    Quite liking this :)

Albania:
    This is ok.

England:
    England in non Xfactor act shocker :eek: this is good.

Russia:
    Dull

Northern Ireland:
    Not for me.

Iceland:
    This turning out to be an anti climax at the end.

San Marino:
    This is a decent end to the playlist might just be heightened because of the last 3 songs.

was a bit hit and miss.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether or not I like Iceland.

It's a little bit too esoteric for me to form an opinion on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SF1 reviews:

Romania - I like Raluka, this is good. Good start to the contest, a nice uptempo show opener.

Montenegro - It's OK, not totally my sort of Balkan music, the vocal style in these slow songs can grate with me a bit too.

Armenia - Ah, it's Fnarr Fnarr. Armenia have been pushing their luck a bit recently so this is going to have to be very good. It's not bad.

Monaco - It's a pity we lost Tal and Pokora in some ways because it's an excellent song, definitely was a potential winner. But this is very good too, I don't think I've heard a bad Tal song yet. With this and Trash picked my French options are receding fast... :(

Tunisia - I expected a song involving people called 'Axel Tony' and 'Tunisiano' to be terrible. Surprisingly it's not, in fact I like it quite a lot.

Azerbaijan - Hmm, a combination of two of the forum's least popular people, this is a risk... I don't mind them as much as others tbf, although if they could stop thieving song titles off Ani Lorak that would be much appreciated. It's ok, lacks a bit of something perhaps.

Wales - This was one I came across when I had Isle of Man, it wasn't totally my sort of song and I had my heart set on sending Jay James Picton at the time but I did definitely think it was nice and I like it more this time around. Could do well. I'll pass on the offer to see her signing it acoustically in a wooden room though if it's ok.

Estonia - It's spot the artist time, I saw Ott Lepland and Sinine, and probably others I should have recognised too. Quite liked the song, decent effort for Estonia.

Liechtenstein - This is decent, good video too. It keeps going pretty well from start to finish, like it. Someone should tell him his back's on fire though, could be painful.

Serbia - It's a bit different, the song maybe isn't really drawing me in enough though.

Greenland - I must have missed this bit during DMGP, not totally Soluna's biggest fan but it's not bad.

Morocco - This is an interesting find for Morocco. Decent, for some reason it's got a bit of a Zombie feel to it.

Italy - Surprised at some of the comments about this, I think it's very good and it's faithful to the Italian style, there's a lot of class about it. I'd put it above the two Italian songs that did well last contest.

Albania - Alban Skenderaj is a very good singer, so it's a smart choice, even if he is looking a bit rough in this one. The live performances can put me off a little bit because they're sometimes not as interesting, but a decent song with good vocals.

England - I like this, it's lively, one of my favourites so far.

Russia - I want to like Nyusha because Choose A Miracle was just so good, but this is another one that doesn't live up to it unfortunately. I don't think she's released anything since that has been anything close to matching it, bring back the clowns.

Northern Ireland - A surprise really that we've gone nearly a year without 2DCC. Definitely a different feel to this song, looks like they're trying to be more grown up, it's not quite as lively, but I still like it, they don't release bad songs.

Iceland - I'm still recovering from Bjork getting 2 measly points in Cardiff... :eek: This took far too long to become interesting for me, it might be a song that grows on people but I'm not sure if it will get the chance in this format.

San Marino - Unusual choice here, not sure it totally works.

Liked the standard overall, my preferred 8 to qualify:

Romania
    Monaco
    Tunisia
    Wales
    Liechtenstein
    Italy
    England
    Northern Ireland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Struggled to find 10 I like in SF2, other than my own, but alas I have 10.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Struggled to find 10 I like in SF2, other than my own, but alas I have 10.

I loved semi final two; had a real problem cutting it down to ten. Semi Final One was a struggle.
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My review of SF1

Romania - A nice start to the SF, if I am going to make one complaint I would say it's a bit repeatative, but not bad.

Montenegro - Had moments of promise but overall I didn't really enjoy this that much.

Armenia - Bit like Romania a decent song, however this one didn't really get going for me.

Monaco - Strong song, really like it, could be battling for high points in the final.

Tunisia - This was nice but a bit uninspiring, don't mind the rap too much, but not massively keen on it.

Azerbaijan - Despite it having two of the weakest eurovision winners, this was actually quite a nice ballad.

Wales - I don't usually like the twee girly speaky singing voice, but it works on this song. Overall a very nice feel to a very nice song.

Estonia - Wasn't too keen at the start but once it kicked in the song grew on me a lot.

Liechtenstein - Well I may be the only one but I don't see what's so great about this song. It's nice but really nothing more than that.

Serbia - It's different but I am just not feeling it at all unfortunately.

Greenland - The fact this is only a 2 minute video makes me feel this is a cut down version of the song. Well it feels like that to me at least, never really grabbed my attention.

Morocco - A nice rock song but I feel it missed it's chance to really kick in and step up a gear.

Italy - Really like this song, a good strong italian ballad. Another one that will be battling for high points come the final.

Albania - A nice surprise for Albania, strong song and strong singer, making a very good package overall.

England - A good uptempo dance song here. One of the better dance songs in this SF.

Russia - This was just too nice and uninspiring for me, never really got going.

Northern Ireland - Better then some of their entries last year, however I was never a big fan of them and this did kind of plod along unoffensively.

Iceland - Now this is exactly the type of twee, talky, singy girly voice I absolutely hate. The song is very dull and to be honest one of the worst I have heard in this contest since I have been taking part.

San Marino - A nice end to the contest, I actually quite like his voice and the song is good too.

So my 8 to qualify from SF 1 are:

Romania
    Monaco
    Azerbaijan
    Wales
    Italy
    Albania
    England
    San Marino
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SF3 is now open, and again only 8 will qualify!
    1. Belarus - Open Space - Need
    2. Poland - Natalia Lesz - Beat of My Heart
    3. Sardinia - Giusy Ferreri - Noi Brave Ragazze
    4. Israel - The Young Professionals - Be With You Tonight
    5. Macedonia - Sanja Gjosevska - A Thousand Miles Away
    6. Slovakia - G-strinx - Angeldust
    7. Turkey - Sibel Redžep - Our Generation
    8. Greece - Shaya - Love Me
    9. Lithuania - Krewella - Alive
    10. Norway - Katzenjammer - Rock-Paper-Scissors
    11. Algeria - Kristina Maria - Let's Play
    12. Malta - Tkautz - Easily Affected
    13. Bosnia and Herzegovina - Lepa Brena - Uradi to
    14. Sweden - First Aid Kit - Emmylou
    15. Portugal - Aurea - Scratch My Back
    16. Ukraine - Erika - Ne tormozi
    17. Moldova - Ionel Istrati - Eu Numai Numai
    18. Belgium - Gotye - Dig Your Own Hole

Playlist

Vote in the usual Eurovision fashion, and voting closes at 7pm on the 18th February 2013.
  • Options
    stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Top 10 for SF2 (in alphabetical order):

Andorra
    Czech Republic
    France
    Georgia
    Germany
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Luxembourg
    Slovenia
    Switzerland
  • Options
    stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going through SF3 at the moment.

Noticed there's a proper video for the Greek song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZLVV4K00k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we are on the eve of the SF1 results, and:

Still 5 more people to vote,
    No one has null point (sadly :(),
    No one has scored points from every voter,
    It's still all to play for to qualify,
    So far 1094 points have been given out...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AxG wrote: »
    So we are on the eve of the SF1 results, and:

Still 5 more people to vote,
    No one has null point (sadly :(),
    No one has scored points from every voter,
    It's still all to play for to qualify,
    So far 1094 points have been given out...

Just to point out, but it's impossible to score points from every voter, if you're including yourself. :p:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Just to point out, but it's impossible to score points from every voter, if you're including yourself. :p:)

Excluding from yourself. :p
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My SF1 song has no hope of qualifying...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good and bad news everyone.

The good news is that everyone has voted, the bad news being that I can't DQ anyone :D

Obviously those not in this SF, can still vote until it closes a 7pm tonight.:)