Options

Bargain HDMI Leads

I know that one from the pound shop works......However, These premium shielded HDMI leads are reduced from £50 to £3.49 for the 3M lead, with free delivery (Over £10)....(1.8M and 5M also available)...
HDMI-KING
Enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reduced from a big number we just made up !
  • Options
    moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just shows the sort of profit that can be made from the gullible and/or clueless....
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Reduced from a big number we just made up !

Nope.

"Reduced from the £49.99 that we had them on sale for one month when the stock arrived, knowing that we wouldn't sell any, and because we still had a few of last year's "95% reduction" lot left, but luckily, they only cost us £2 each wholesale..."

Still, not bad prices for the 3 and 5m versions.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what makes these standard shielded twisted pairs cables premium?

HDMI by spec is shielded, so with no mention of 'heavyweight', likely these will be as good as poundland.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    So what makes these standard shielded twisted pairs cables premium?

The high price tag :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing premium about these is the quality of materials used and aesthetics. There's no performance difference (comparing like for like versions)

I've been shallow enough to know this in the past, but opted to buy slightly more expensive leads (one or two pounds more) because of the nice woven outer layer and two tone plug ends.:blush:
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dreamypuma wrote: »
    I've been shallow enough to know this in the past, but opted to buy slightly more expensive leads (one or two pounds more) because of the nice woven outer layer and two tone plug ends.:blush:

That's no more shallow than say wanting a black TV over a grey TV. Personally I don't understand the must get the lowest price whatever attitude, if the AV system costs say £2,000 it makes very little difference if the HDMI leads cost £1 or £5. If you make a special trip driving to Poundland then that can make up the extra cost anyway compared to clicking on the computer screen.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duplicate post.
  • Options
    asmasm Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    In the spare bedroom I have a small 22 inch LG LCD TV, a Sony Blu-Ray player and a Roku LT streaming box. An HDMI cable I bought for under a fiver a couple of years ago works perfectly with both Blu-Ray and Roku. But two poundland HDMI cables that I have tried work perfectly with the Blu-Ray player but do not work at all with the Roku. I have no idea what the problem is, whether it lies with the Roku, the cables or the TV, or a combination of these.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dreamypuma wrote: »
    The only thing premium about these is the quality of materials used and aesthetics. There's no performance difference (comparing like for like versions)

things like gold plating and "oxygen free" cables which are just silly.

the pound shp ones are not within spec, byt this doesnt matter as said previously .......
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    spiney2 wrote: »
    the pound shp ones are not within spec, byt this doesnt matter as said previously .......

How do you 'know' they are not within spec?, presumably that's simply you guessing?.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    things like gold plating and "oxygen free" cables which are just silly.

You made that claim early this month. And you didn't back it up then either.
  • Options
    poppasmurfpoppasmurf Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brain gone. Doohh.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw "premium" gold plated optical TOSlink cables in a hifi shop once. :D