The Good Wife Season 3 - More4 - 12th Jan - No Spoilers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my dad thinks she has had a facelift but I'm hoping it's just a new haircut. I think it's funny that Alan Cumming and Kalinda's actress are both Brits playing Americans with really good accents. Can't wait to see what the big stories will be this year other than Peter/Will/Aleisha whether something is going to happen with Eli and Kalinda? I also hope the kids get something to do.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    I think it's funny that Alan Cumming and Kalinda's actress are both Brits playing Americans with really good accents. .
    I knew that Alan Cumming was Scottish and still remember his Victor and Barry double act with Forbes Masson. I hadn't realised that Archana "Archie" Panjabi ( Kalinda ) was also British, I've never watched Bend it Like Beckham , and in her Bio I see she also appeared in The Bill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was funny in Bend it Like Beckham as the main girls sister, I love Alan and have seen a couple of his films and tv show including High Life (camp air hostess programme) and I think he's funny
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to more Eli and Kalinda team ups, match made in heaven!! :D
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Only caught up on the second episode last night. I totally agree with all the Eli& Kalinda love, they totally rock together. I loved her line 'We move in different circles' lol!!

Great episode, but am worried for Alicia now that Diane knows that she and Peter are seperated.

Will needs to be careful too, if Diane gets a whiff of that affair I think there will be all Hell to pay.

I too would like to see more involvement with the kids, they are at an age now, where they could have some interesting stories.

After a slightly lacklustre opening episode, episode 2 has really raised the bar. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »

I too would like to see more involvement with the kids, they are at an age now, where they could have some interesting stories.

Fan of the show but can not stand the kids, they are both morons. I am hoping they go away to College/Boarding School (no idea how old they are supposed to be)
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    thebladder wrote: »
    Fan of the show but can not stand the kids, they are both morons. I am hoping they go away to College/Boarding School (no idea how old they are supposed to be)

It as said in the last episode that the girl is 14. (Diane visited the flat and asked Alicia how old she was) I think the boy's about 16.

I can't stand them either. Kids I can do without in a programme like this.

Loved Thursday's episode. No Wil/Alicia slobbering which was a great bonus.
    I'm hoping once it's out that they're shagging, that it'll put a stop to it.
    But on the other hand, I only ever watch a programme when I V+ it, so I can fast forward through the gory bits of Alicia and Will!
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    It as said in the last episode that the girl is 14. (Diane visited the flat and asked Alicia how old she was) I think the boy's about 16.

I can't stand them either. Kids I can do without in a programme like this.

Loved Thursday's episode. No Wil/Alicia slobbering which was a great bonus.
    I'm hoping once it's out that they're shagging, that it'll put a stop to it.
    But on the other hand, I only ever watch a programme when I V+ it, so I can fast forward through the gory bits of Alicia and Will!

Gory bits? Your parents never had "the talk" with you? LOL Seriously, how old are you? :p
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    I really love this show, one of my tv highlights of the week. It is usually well written and high quality, however this week (whilst an interesting premise), I felt was a bit of a let down - was anybody else annoyed with the portrayal of the 'quaint' English legal system and the ready for his coffin judge? It could have been done much better - clearly American writers mostly clueless about it!
    The Kalinda/Eli scenes were brilliant

And once again, Eddie Izzard showed me that he really cannot act............. (anbody see his Long John Silver:eek:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did feel Izzard was hamming it up a bit especially when he was threatening Will with the baseball bat. No I can't say I am a massive fan of the kids but things they do normally impact on the whole story. Yes Kalinda and Eli should get more scenes together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I really love this show, one of my tv highlights of the week. It is usually well written and high quality, however this week (whilst an interesting premise), I felt was a bit of a let down - was anybody else annoyed with the portrayal of the 'quaint' English legal system and the ready for his coffin judge? It could have been done much better - clearly American writers mostly clueless about it!The Kalinda/Eli scenes were brilliant

And once again, Eddie Izzard showed me that he really cannot act............. (anbody see his Long John Silver:eek:)

Yeah, damn Americans! :yawn: You should know that there are many Brit writers working on American shows. So don't quickly assume that it's solely an American writer. You don't think that the Brit actors on this series wouldn't correct a wrong when it comes to English ways even if its the legal system? Plus, very good writers do their research. Just sayin'. :cool:

With regard to Eddie Izzard, I don't know what it is with many Brits and this comedian/actor, but in my opinion this man is very talented. I don't see anything wrong with his acting.

Finally, this particular episode was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. As always the acting and the intelligent/witty writing shined.

I respect your opinion Osusana, but isn't it great to disagree? :D
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I thought he was excellent in both.

Regards

Mark
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Yeah, damn Americans! :yawn: You should know that there are many Brit writers working on American shows. So don't quickly assume that it's solely an American writer. You don't think that the Brit actors on this series wouldn't correct a wrong when it comes to English ways even if its the legal system? Plus, very good writers do their research. Just sayin'. :cool:

With regard to Eddie Izzard, I don't know what it is with many Brits and this comedian/actor, but in my opinion this man is very talented. I don't see anything wrong with his acting.

Finally, this particular episode was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. As always the acting and the intelligent/witty writing shined.

I respect your opinion Osusana, but isn't it great to disagree? :D
    Mark A wrote: »
    I thought he was excellent in both.

Regards

Mark

We'll have to agree to disagree folks:D
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with last weeks ep, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I thought all the Eli 'have we really not met before' comments were because he vaguely recognised Kalinda but couldn't place her. Wasn't there a scene once when he saw her in Peter's office? I wonder if Eli will work out what happened with Peter and Kalinda and her secret will come that way?

I think Peter is trying to make life difficult for Alisha at LG aand damage Will.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Probably because it would be a massive invasion of privacy. Plus the State's Attorney could see who their clients were and they could end up possible targets. Plus he wasn't auditing the other 2 candidates so Peter was trying to wield his power over them.

Wasn't there also something in season 2 about Will - possibly - being dodgy? Something Blake said about the time when he worked for him at another firm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Eli would bring the Kalinda/Peter thing up as wouldn't it damage Peter?

This weeks episode seemed a little slow but hopefully it'll return to form next week
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    I love this programme but it's been ruined by Will and Alicia shagging. it's boring, predictable, and means I have to turn the sound off when they're at it.

Shame, it's ruined one of the few programmes I love.
    I think the show handled this very well. It was very much in the background, and played off in a very low-key adult (and I don't mean "explicit" by that but "mature") way. And when we DID see it, there were consequences.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I think it's funny that Alan Cumming and Kalinda's actress are both Brits playing Americans with really good accents.
    Cumming has a dead on perfect accent. He's that good.

Archie Panjabi's accent is not that good. You can hear her drifting in and out of her native accent quite often in her line readings. That said, it doesn't ruin the show, or even her performance, because the show's answer to this is that the character has deliberately been written as someone hiding their past. We don't know her real background and upbringing--we just know she's hiding it--so it "works" to have her accent a bit screwed up.
    Well my dad thinks she has had a facelift but I'm hoping it's just a new haircut.
    Its not a haircut at all--she wears wigs at all times as this character.

Part of why she looks younger though is because the wig was DELIBERATELY changed between seasons to indicate she's loosened up as a person. Its a far less severe style--on purpose.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked last nights show...nicely paced with some good comedic input. Good to see Lisa Edelstone as well. Could be interesting if her firm joins Will's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Cumming has a dead on perfect accent. He's that good.

Archie Panjabi's accent is not that good. You can hear her drifting in and out of her native accent quite often in her line readings. That said, it doesn't ruin the show, or even her performance, because the show's answer to this is that the character has deliberately been written as someone hiding their past. We don't know her real background and upbringing--we just know she's hiding it--so it "works" to have her accent a bit screwed up.

Part of why she looks younger though is because the wig was DELIBERATELY changed between seasons to indicate she's loosened up as a person. Its a far less severe style--on purpose.

Aww it's a wig? It's a pretty good wig though and I'll just keep thinking it's a new haircut lol
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why Eli would bring the Kalinda/Peter thing up as wouldn't it damage Peter?

This weeks episode seemed a little slow but hopefully it'll return to form next week

Have to agree , not one of the better episodes , & they never got to the bottom of the cheese scandal , guilty or not guilty ?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Have to agree , not one of the better episodes , & they never got to the bottom of the cheese scandal , guilty or not guilty ?
    Have to also agree, not a good episode last night, and Dr Cuddy; I had to get my head round that one, she did look thinner too.

The 'Tutor' saved this episode for me....She's still Mad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »

Where are you getting your information Kromm? As a fellow New Yorker, you don't expect me to take you at your word do you? ;)

Btw, I believe it's her hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't work out the tutor thing if Grace was older i'd worry they were going down Kalinda's path.

You don't hear the Scottish accent at all with Alan and Archie is from so part of London so that's not too recognisable

I hope K/A make up soon as they were a good partnership. Is it a running joke that a lot of the women they bring in have had some relationship with Kalinda lol (sorry)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I can't work out the tutor thing if Grace was older i'd worry they were going down Kalinda's path.
    Nothing worrying about, 'going down Kalinda's path'....is their.
    For me....it hadn't even entered my Mind, that scenario.