Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy with the album material, like REALLY, REALLY happy.

Proud of her so much...
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Will probably be released in August... I think she should go with Tonight, Fire or Oh la la. :)

And What Money Can't Buy in October. :)

This :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex never lets us down and that's why I'm proud to say I stan for her

People can hate her for whatever reasons but secretly they'll always enjoy her music, who couldn't ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually excited for the CBBC Friday Download show, Tulisa did it, and Pro Green has just done it too. :D
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I'm so happy with the album material, like REALLY, REALLY happy.

Proud of her so much...

Same....I LOVE the whole album except Love You That Much.....usually there are 3/4 tracks that I don't like at all and 1/2 others that I'm not too keen on on an average album, but with this, there is actually only one track I don't like....the rest I LOVE.

Heartbreak On Hold is an amazing opener as well....I think I've become addicted to this snippet...:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually excited for the CBBC Friday Download show, Tulisa did it, and Pro Green has just done it too. :D

Is Alex on it?
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The snippets sound even better. Still loving I love you that much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Is Alex on it?

May 25th Friday Download, CBBC, 6.00pm (performance)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the upcoming promo is going to be OK.. Could have been better but it'll do I think. :)
    May 22nd Lorraine, ITV1, 8.30am (interview & performance)
    May 23rd Freshly Squeezed, Channel 4, 7:05 AM (co-hosting the show)
    May 29th- Loose Women, ITV1, 12.30pm (performance)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks...this is a great idea...LIG is very catchy and I'm hoping all the school kids catch on and download it...I bet even that shady Moshi Monster girl from Youtube will be secretly downloading it loool :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks...this is a great idea...LIG is very catchy and I'm hoping all the school kids catch on and download it...I bet even that shady Moshi Monster girl from Youtube will be secretly downloading it loool :p

LMAO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex's fanbase is so varied like all different people not like 1D or JLS where it's all pre pube girls which is what makes it cool!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same....I LOVE the whole album except Love You That Much.....usually there are 3/4 tracks that I don't like at all and 1/2 others that I'm not too keen on on an average album, but with this, there is actually only one track I don't like....the rest I LOVE.

Heartbreak On Hold is an amazing opener as well....I think I've become addicted to this snippet...:o:D

Yep me too :D Oh the amazon one drove me mad, it kept saying unavailable. YT doesn't have the same flaws so...:D:D:D
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think the upcoming promo is going to be OK.. Could have been better but it'll do I think. :)

I think she'll pop into daybreak to perform too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex's fanbase is so varied like all different people not like 1D or JLS where it's all pre pube girls which is what makes it cool!

It really is. At the ANl tour I had OLD PEOPLE sat next to me. I was freaking out lol. It was far more varied than I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True, and I think that's why her fanbase hasn't disappeared...JLS are starting to lose fans to 1D and TW and their popularity is decreasing as a result...a few years back, Proud would have been #1 no problem, but it only reached #6 then crashed out...

Alex has both casual and dedicated fans, who do support her. It's the same with Leona, and it's better to have that kind of fanbase rather than the same people who will eventually move on or grow out of you and move to the next thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    It really is. At the ANl tour I had OLD PEOPLE sat next to me. I was freaking out lol. It was far more varied than I thought.

I had a mid aged lesbian couple behind me saying 'Alex was hot' - they were in the meet and greet to LMAO, I was dead!

I'm the gay boy who shakes my weave to Alex's music... I had a few oldies next to me aswell.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

LOOOOOOL did they start singing along to any of the songs? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep me too :D Oh the amazon one drove me mad, it kept saying unavailable. YT doesn't have the same flaws so...:D:D:D

Lol...I love the YT one. It's so polished. And she looks hot. Plus I never get tired of clicking on the video....so cool :p
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think:

Single 3 UK: Between The Sheets
    Single 1 Europe: Fire
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had a mid aged lesbian couple behind me saying 'Alex was hot' - they were in the meet and greet to LMAO, I was dead!

I'm the gay boy who shakes my weave to Alex's music... I had a few oldies next to me aswell.

DEEEEATTTH. I was like one of 2 black folk there....I felt....weird :o:D:p If radio really hammered her like Jessie/Adele/Cheryl, she'd be huge. I just hope she goes global because she has it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looool....I remember seeing quite a few different ages of people on the tour....it's quite surprising....I think that's why people get shocked when she does well....because quite a few young people don't like her, especially on the internet, but there are a lot of her fans who don't use social networks so much, but love her and buy her music...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    LOOOOOOL did they start singing along to any of the songs? :D

No, but the old guy tried to jam to SWY...note the word tried :o It was simply a SMH moment. Lovely though. People said at the end 'I wanted it to continue...loved every bit of it'. She was a goddess and I was so proud. She's come so far from the girl of 'I'm not that good' to ANL tour. Made me smile. That is what XF should be about. Making dreams come true and bossing out the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looool....I remember seeing quite a few different ages of people on the tour....it's quite surprising....I think that's why people get shocked when she does well....because quite a few young people don't like her, especially on the internet, but there are a lot of her fans who don't use social networks so much, but love her and buy her music...

I think Alex has a massive gay following because when I went to G-A-Y when I just in London in general people were like are you from London? I went no... they were like are you here for Alexandra Burke at thingy? I was like 'at G-A-Y?!?!?!'

lmao, but ye! G-A-Y was packed for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think maybe they'll do what they did with ANL on one of the singles and add a feature for the single version?
This discussion has been closed.