The Inbetweeners

2»

Comments

• dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    im a massive fan of the inbetweeners
    the thing is though the inbetweeners is too crude a show and the scenes shown america would never get away with like uk/ ireland do

this could of been a good new show but by using all the same characters names and storylines it dosent have a chance basically copying something and failing

if the producers had any sense theyd make original characters and stories
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im a massive fan of the inbetweeners
    the thing is though the inbetweeners is too crude a show and the scenes shown america would never get away with like uk/ ireland do

this could of been a good new show but by using all the same characters names and storylines it dosent have a chance basically copying something and failing

if the producers had any sense theyd make original characters and stories

It's like when they tried to remake Red Dwarf, in the pilot they used a lot of the same lines and jokes. It felt wrong coming from the different actors. Except Kryten who was played by the same actor.

This is going to be a flop I can see it already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    It's like when they tried to remake Red Dwarf, in the pilot they used a lot of the same lines and jokes. It felt wrong coming from the different actors. Except Kryten who was played by the same actor.
    The pilot of the Office did exactly the same thing, look where it is now...
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    This is going to be a flop I can see it already.
    Nobody's disputing that.....
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jvVZuu8BqM&feature=youtu.be watch to the end lol

Looks beyond terrible.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    It's on E4 just now or, if you're brave, catch it on E4+1
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the first two eps earlier, why is Jay fat, ginger and unlikable in this version? He seems more like Cartman than Jay.

And it seems like they've cut Donovan completely?
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like the Inbetweeners UK (it was too awkward and not funny enough), and from what I saw on the trailer this has potential. It didn't look amazing, but it certainly didn't look appalling. I think if you'd never seen the Inbetweeners UK (like most of the American audience), you wouldn't be so detrimental towards it, but you probably wouldn't be complimentary either.

I still think it will fail, for a few reasons
    1) It's not that good - It's not 'Last Man Standing' dreadful, but it's certainly no 'Community'
    2) Britain Likes Complaining - Regardless of whether the Americans like it or not there will always be a large crowd of British people sagging the show and it's fans off, which is rather off putting
    3) It's essentially a rip off (and I don't mean of Inbetweeners UK) - It looks a lot like American Pie (and practically every other teenage film) without the f words, and OTT sex references
    4) It's too tame - For a teenage show, there's no swear words, no gratuitous sex references and no realism. The worst you'll hear unbleeped is 'shit' (something which is acceptable at a 12A), and I very much doubt they'll go that far.

Think you've hit the nail on the head. IB-USA has got nothing to do with "The Inbetweeners". It is purely and simply "American Pie for TV".
  • M_L_MM_L_M Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    MTV cancelled it on Nov 28 due to low ratings :rolleyes: