Misfits S2 discussion (Spoilers in tags)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really didn't like that either. If Alisha/Simon are OTP then I'd rather we got a slow burn of Alisha realising the qualities Simon has to offer. Instead she sees Future Simon as this heroic stud with muscles and thinks "I'll grab a piece of that". Not exactly character progression. I had this problem with The Time Travellers Wife. Couldn't get into that for same reason. I feel like the female's being manipulated.

Me too! I could never get over the fact that the reason that they got together
    was because he kept meeting up with her when she was a child even though he was a grown man.
    I felt it was too creepy and too engineered. You are right, though, it feel's like Alisha has been manipulated.

Also, why didn't Curtis come back to save Alisha, he can travel back in time. Although, he might have got powers to send other people through time in the future. Also, do you think S has come back because Alisha died and Curtis's powers couldn't save her (as it's short time time travel), as whatever choices they made, she would always die.
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really didn't like that either. If Alisha/Simon are OTP then I'd rather we got a slow burn of Alisha realising the qualities Simon has to offer. Instead she sees Future Simon as this heroic stud with muscles and thinks "I'll grab a piece of that". Not exactly character progression. I had this problem with The Time Travellers Wife. Couldn't get into that for same reason. I feel like the female's being manipulated.

Personally I thought Alisha for the first time actually managed to portray "depth" -- I think the whole point was for the first time she connected with someone on both a physical and emotional basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the music when Alisha discovered Future Simon, the build-up to it - amazing. Almost enough to rival Who in the music stakes.
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode, what I didn't get though is during the future news feed, the reporter made it sound as if these 5 were the only people to be affected by the storm which is clearly not the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, it musn't be that far in the future as none of them have aged, and also they were still wearing their community service uniforms when interviewed about the storm - according to Nathan they only have five/six weeks left?
  • dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, I love this too. Only caught one of the first series by accident, got addicted. I can't believe it's still as good as before.

Favourite bit from last season, the baby wanting a father whilst looking at Nathan: "You...prick." :D:D
    Still makes me laugh.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    For the last 8 episodes I've wanted Simon and Kelly to get together but now I'm so confused! I like Future Simon and Alisha aswell. I hate love triangles in tv shows :mad:, especially complex ones!
    Not sure if there are any triangles forming though, Kelly seems naturally to be heading towards Nathan, Simon towards Alisha and Curtis pairing with future scar girl.

Curtis and Alisha seems to be naturally ending just in time for Simon and Alisha to start...which may indeed have been Simons plan ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do know time travel is a fictional type of 'thing' yes? There are no rules, it's completely open to interpretation.
    Well I'd say it's "theoretical" rather than "fictional", and many, many very intelligent people (not just Digital Spy users :D) have spent a great deal of time thinking about it scientifically.

Those very smart people have, over time, developed a number of theoretical rules for dealing with a range of foreseeable problems, e.g. Paradox. Of course being theoretical many disagree on certain areas (trousers of time or ripples in a stream) and we have no way of knowing which set of rules are correct :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    V1Chris21 wrote: »
    Great episode, what I didn't get though is during the future news feed, the reporter made it sound as if these 5 were the only people to be affected by the storm which is clearly not the case.

Maybe they're the only 5 that have gone public at that point?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eliott256 wrote: »
    Maybe they're the only 5 that have gone public at that point?

Or survived to that point? :eek:
  • ejakejak Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this program, but that episode was fantastic. The best yet. I just hope it keeps up this pace. :D Still can't quite forget old Simon creepily stroking the dead frozen social worker for this new improved version. Although the acting is bloomin marvellous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actor who plays Simon is fantastic, what a find by the producers.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    This episode had me gripped from beginning to end.
    I think I actually gasped when we saw Future Simon in the shower, and I was very happy to see Alisha get the main role.
    Was a shame about Kelly turning cold on Nathan, is that it for them now or will they try again sometime soon? ;)

I found it funny how they all have these special powers but they ended up defeating the tattooist with a peanut. lol
    My favourite line was Nathan saying of the masked guy giving them the peanuts: "Oh great, all this drama and he brings us a snack!"

I'm suspecting that the 5 of them somehow become protectors of the area by putting their powers to good use, hence why they are being interviewed on the news in the future.

I'm surprised by how gutted I am when an episode finishes and I have to wait a whole week for the next one.
  • wooooooooooooopwooooooooooooop Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was the best epsiode ever!!!!

It made me want to be a super-hero and just dedicate my time to anonymously running around helping people. :)
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Future Simon is lovely. Agreed with those saying how great the actor is - he pulls off both personalities effortlessly.

As for the Alisha/Simon match-up, scenes from this ep have convinced me why the writers have decided to go down that route. Simon can touch her(has there been an explanation for this bit yet?) and even the present one can look past her features, and combine that with the physical, and it would be hard for Alisha to not feel appreciated in that way for the first time in a long time.

Next week's episode looks great too - this show is fab.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Not sure if there are any triangles forming though, Kelly seems naturally to be heading towards Nathan, Simon towards Alisha and Curtis pairing with future scar girl.

Curtis and Alisha seems to be naturally ending just in time for Simon and Alisha to start...which may indeed have been Simons plan ;)

Yeah I thought that was a nice angle to it. I would have been slightly p*ssed at Curtis or Alisha if they were cheating on the other one. But as they are both kind of doing it, it feels like they are just naturally growing apart.
  • wooooooooooooopwooooooooooooop Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least we know why the girl in the flat has that scar down her front, I wonder what the details are though.

When she asked Curtis if he had a spare heart I wonder if she doesn't have one at all and in the future might be an evil character?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that the "fight" with the tattooist highlighted that whilst they have "superhero powers" none of them has gained anything offensive. No fireblasts, superhuman strength, mystic hammers, force shield suffocation or the like.

They rush in like heroes to defeat him and only then think, hold on what do we actually do now we're here? Asking him nicely doesn't seem to have worked. :D

[Granted they could be ways they could learn to use their powers offensively in clever ways but they are not intrinsically damaging]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    What an amazing episode!!! I can't stop watching it!

I did not see Alisha and Simon coming and this came as a complete shock. If someone told me about it before, I would have thought "that will never work" but having seen it played out in the way it was, it fits completely and makes perfect sense. I never liked Alisha and Curtis. The scenes were so beautifiul and poignant between them. I think its real and totally believe it.

I loved the contrast between Alisha/Simon, and Nathan/Kelly straight after. I don't buy into the Nathan/Kelly coupling at all.

I commend the writers for making this sudden turn of events fit in so well with the programme. Cant wait to see how everything pans out!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheGoan wrote: »
    Also, it musn't be that far in the future as none of them have aged, and also they were still wearing their community service uniforms when interviewed about the storm - according to Nathan they only have five/six weeks left?

Just watched it again, the news reporter said it was 3 months after the storm which makes sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol as the camera was closing in on Simon's back in the shower for the big reveal...i was saying to my flatmates wow that looks a little like Simon from the back...and then it happened..(not so)weedy SIMON turns around..:eek:

I couldnt believe it.

I agree with the other posters that Simon and Alisha make alot more sense than Curtis and Alisha. I think that is what the "touching" thing is trying to illistrate, she's meant to be with Simon. They compliment each other perfectly!

I'm still laughing at "Nathan <3 Barry" That love letter segment, was hilarious.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did Simon have any injuries ?

because remember last week he was rather badly injured by the exploding car .

But I didn't notice any when he was in the shower .
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did Simon have any injuries ?

because remember last week he was rather badly injured by the exploding car .

But I didn't notice any when he was in the shower .

Yeh the scar from the glass/metal in his arm was there.
  • Phill_dPhill_d Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I like the fact that the "fight" with the tattooist highlighted that whilst they have "superhero powers" none of them has gained anything offensive. No fireblasts, superhuman strength, mystic hammers, force shield suffocation or the like.

I was thinking this, this morning. I think their powers will evolve slightly, they've just had no reason to push their powers right now and find out their limits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still reckon Superhoodie isn't future Simon, he may have shapeshifted to have Alisha think that.