Bruce Forsyth a UK Legend.Please show some respect

Comments

• slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    Can no one see that he was trying to just stick to the procedure that was meant to be followed and agreed in the rehearsals etc......

There was no harm meant I'm sure
    If they had rehearsed the end the other celebs and dancers would not have gone to congratulate the winners they would have stayed back

Pity they had to hold off until they got permission from Bruce
  • komentaightorkomentaightor Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Missed the glitter ball ceremony but think Brucie clearing the floor has become a humorous part of the final that some folks take seriously because that’s what they want to do.

You have a reall odd view of humour.

Luckily the other contestants (including pros) are learning how to ignore the silly old git (no, I have no respect for Bruce, who should have been retired years ago, or gone himself gracefully as Terry Wogan did).
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they had rehearsed the end the other celebs and dancers would not have gone to congratulate the winners they would have stayed back

Pity they had to hold off until they got permission from Bruce

Sir Bruce runs a tight ship, the last thing we needed was a repeat of last years stage invasion fiasco, order has to be maintained on a live show.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a reall odd view of humour.

Luckily the other contestants (including pros) are learning how to ignore the silly old git (no, I have no respect for Bruce, who should have been retired years ago, or gone himself gracefully as Terry Wogan did).

Please don't bring Sir Terry Wogan into this.
  • Tom2512Tom2512 Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Sir Bruce runs a tight ship, the last thing we needed was a repeat of last years stage invasion fiasco, order has to be maintained on a live show.

Great Post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How dare you you young rogue...Show Sir Bruce respect

Why the h**** should I? I remember The Generation Game vividly, and he was awful and excessively rude to the game contestants then, and that went to his head, and he was appalling at the Palladium too.

He only got a knighthood because he got a whole lot of people to push for it, and the Palace resisted for years. Most showbiz people who get honours for "services to entertainment" do fantastic charity work and other stuff behind the scenes, but all Brucie has ever done is present some shows on TV for years and years, then forget to retire.

Respect for Brucie? My grandmother's big red toe!:mad:
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

The Titanic?

You're making it sound like the Normandy landings - the other couples only wanted to congratulate Louis and Flavia. And if the producers wanted Bruce to move the others back he could have done with much more tact and grace than he did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    The Titanic?

You're making it sound like the Normandy landings - the other couples only wanted to congratulate Louis and Flavia. And if the producers wanted Bruce to move the others back he could have done with much more tact and grace than he did.

Look as someone who has experience in TV shows you gota relaise there is a procedure.We cant have unruley couples spoing the show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look as someone who has experience in TV shows you gota relaise there is a procedure.We cant have unruley couples spoing the show

I agree but at the same time presenters need to show a level of decency and decorum while following procedure. Reading the autocue doesn't give them carte blanche to do what they want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree but at the same time presenters need to show a level of decency and decorum while following procedure. Reading the autocue doesn't give them carte blanche to do what they want.

When a show is Live then its the host who carries the can

Reemember Philip
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a show is Live then its the host who carries the can

So Bruce's approach to the congratulating couples was completely down to him?
    Reemember Philip

If you're referring to Schofield and the list, I do and he was rightly chastised for that (though maybe not enough)...as were the production team, if I remember correctly.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK he is 84 and set in his ways a bit but for gods sake give this guy a break

He is one of the UK's all time all round Entertainers and deserves some respect

But aren't you being condescending by mentioning his age ?
    Did he do a good job tonight or not ?..that's the only question.
    If we have to cut him some slack because he's 84, then it's time he thought about calling it a day. I'm sure he doesn't need the money.

I agree by the way, he was one of our greatest all-round entertainers, and I still have the utmost respect for everything he's done in the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Bruce's approach to the congratulating couples was completely down to him?

If you're referring to Schofield and the list, I do and he was rightly chastised for that (though maybe not enough)...as were the production team, if I remember correctly.

You think serously that was his doing...He was told to do that....But as host he took blame

Bruce as host is in charge and he must decide how it is run

You dont tell Sir Alex how to run Man Uts do you
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce was awful tonight, and not just with his bizarre rudeness at the end of the show. There were a few occasions when he started reading his autocue before Tess had finished, or in the wrong place. On one occasion at least, she could be heard .
    telling him to wait.

He has spoilt not only this series,but a fair few before it. Its not just his awful "jokes", the rude comments he often makes about the celebs, the telling people to laugh when he is obviously not funny, but also that cringy "look what you've done", "look, look, that's for you, you've done that" which he says EVERY SINGLE TIME a couple get a standing ovation.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But aren't you being condescending by mentioning his age ?
    Did he do a good job tonight or not ?..that's the only question.
    If we have to cut him some slack because he's 84, then it's time he thought about calling it a day. I'm sure he doesn't need the money.

I agree by the way, he was one of our greatest all-round entertainers, and I still have the utmost respect for everything he's done in the past.

Why should we make allowances for his age?

Being "good for his age" doesn't cut it.He was the presenter of the BBC flagship entertainment show, he's paid "silly money" and he made an increasing number of mistakes this year.

In showbusiness, you're only as good as your last performance and his last several were poor. He should go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Bruce was awful tonight, and not just with his bizarre rudeness at the end of the show. There were a few occasions when he started reading his autocue before Tess had finished, or in the wrong place. On one occasion at least, she could be heard .
    telling him to wait.

He has spoilt not only this series,but a fair few before it. Its not just his awful "jokes", the rude comments he often makes about the celebs, the telling people to laugh when he is obviously not funny, but also that cringy "look what you've done", "look, look, that's for you, you've done that" which he says EVERY SINGLE TIME a couple get a standing ovation.

Utterly agree - but this thread has gone on long enough - Motorway man and his friends will see to that.

People overseas cannot understand what's gone wrong with the BBC. High time the Queen took it over and put Prince Philip in charge of Strictly. He would sack Bruce in an instant as a waste of time and space. Would love to imagine would further improvements he might make.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think serously that was his doing...He was told to do that....But as host he took blame

Bruce as host is in charge and he must decide how it is run

I'm confused...the host is told what to do but must decide how it is run???
    People overseas cannot understand what's gone wrong with the BBC. High time the Queen took it over and put Prince Philip in charge of Strictly. He would sack Bruce in an instant as a waste of time and space. Would love to imagine would further improvements he might make.

I doubt the female professionals would require costumes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused...the host is told what to do but must decide how it is run???

I doubt the female professionals would require costumes.

He has a guide and he must stick to that

Prince Phillip is 90
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a guide and he must stick to that

As I said before, I agree but there are different ways in which you can stick to that guide - shouting 'back up, back up' as though the contestants of one of the biggest reality shows on TV are a bunch of rioters is not the best way.

I can understand he was under pressure and that the directors wanted a clear shot but there were other ways he could have done it which wouldn't have appeared so hostile and rude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said before, I agree but there are different ways in which you can stick to that guide - shouting 'back up, back up' as though the contestants of one of the biggest reality shows on TV are a bunch of rioters is not the best way.

I can understand he was under pressure and that the directors wanted a clear shot but there were other ways he could have done it which wouldn't have appeared so hostile and rude.

Trouble is the youth of today...In old days when Bruce spoke the world listened.....Maybe if the Dancers did that also the world would be a better place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouble is the youth of today...In old days when Bruce spoke the world listened.....Maybe if the Dancers did that also the world would be a better place

Yes, damn the 56 year old Jerry Hall and 74 year old Johnny Ball. Not to mention the 55 year old Fern Britton, 50 year old Colin Salmon, 46 year old Anton Du Beke and 43 year old Richard Arnold.

Ruddy youths.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, damn the 56 year old Jerry Hall and 74 year old Johnny Ball. Not to mention the 55 year old Fern Britton, 50 year old Colin Salmon, 46 year old Anton Du Beke and 43 year old Richard Arnold.

Ruddy youths.

It wasnt them that were causing the probs as far as I could see.They were giving Sir Bruce the respect they deserved

It was Young Danni and Victoria and Arterm that were the main trouble makers in my opinion

I think maybe a warning on there future conduct would not go a miss
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt them that were causing the probs as far as I could see.They were giving Sir Bruce the respect they deserved

It was Young Danni and Victoria and Arterm that were the main trouble makers in my opinion

I think maybe a warning on there future conduct would not go a miss

Maybe they should be locked in the stocks and fed on bread and dripping until they learn the error of their ways?

Or maybe it could be accepted that they were congratulating a friend on winning the series and could have been asked to move back in a far politer way than they were.
  • VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - as I said on the Ola topless thread, how can you say that Brucie deserves respect and then start a thread talking about Ola topless? Your definition of respect is driven by your need to wind people up. I'm out of this one Tommy boy :D

:eek: where is this Ola topless thread.?

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    :eek: where is this Ola topless thread.?

And are there any photos? :eek:

I'm sorry, that's completely lowered the tone. :o:o:o