Options

Lorraine on a Friday

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
Forum Member
Wow, don't tell me the "Queen of breakfast television" is actually working a 5 day week....how will she/wee Rosie cope? Or is she doing her "live" show prerecorded trick again?

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, don't tell me the "Queen of breakfast television" is actually working a 5 day week....how will she/wee Rosie cope? Or is she doing her "live" show prerecorded trick again?

I read somewhere on DS that the Friday show is indeed recorded on Thursday.Rosie is at university now.......
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LMFAO :D

Doesn't she still live in Scotland?, so she commutes down every week.
    I suppose we can't blame her for pre recording one show a week.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    LMFAO :D

Doesn't she still live in Scotland?, so she commutes down every week.
    I suppose we can't blame her for pre recording one show a week.

She's based near Dundee, which is a five hour train journey from London, or a hellish drive down. I don't blame her at all, and also it's good she still lives in Scotland rather than being dazzled by the bright lights of London.
  • Options
    CocaColaCocaCola Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    If it's a choice between a pre-recorded show or a show presented by someone not called Lorraine, then I'm all for the pre-record - I'd assumed that's why they had scrapped the paper review so Friday's show wouldn't look odd not having one.
  • Options
    MediaLoverMediaLover Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Lorraine does seem to be acting like Chris Evans when he did the Radio 1 Breakfast Show in the mid 90's wanting every Friday off. Why did Chris act like that in the first place?
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Lorraine did LK Today at GMTV, she only done 3 days a week live, with Thurs and Fri recorded on Tues and Wed.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MediaLover wrote: »
    Lorraine does seem to be acting like Chris Evans when he did the Radio 1 Breakfast Show in the mid 90's wanting every Friday off. Why did Chris act like that in the first place?

He thought he was bigger than Radio 1.
  • Options
    MediaLoverMediaLover Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »

Make that the Media Industry, he founded a production company then left it after 5 years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume she needs Fridays off to write her awful ''column'' for The Sun and visit Rosie at uni.Surely she flies down to London on Sundays rather than drive or train ? But that's the deal she got with ITV so good luck to her.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I wonder if she will be in tomorrow with it being a Bank Holiday? :D
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorraine also has a Sunday morning show with Ross King on AM radio up here in Scotland.

Darren
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine on a Bank Holiday! Special one off appearance!
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    Lorraine also has a Sunday morning show with Ross King on AM radio up here in Scotland.

Darren

The Ross King, the one who sits behind a cardboard Hollywood background, so ye doesnt live in America then, it really is a set in the London Studios
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »

Many have made that mistake in broadcasting. Hughie Green thought he was bigger than ITV until Thames sacked him. When the BBC revived Opp Knocks for a while they paid Green to stay away from the studios.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I assume she needs Fridays off to write her awful ''column'' for The Sun .

She also does a patronising page in the Sunday Post (a Johnston press Sunday paper printed in Dundee) where she conitnues to brown nose and treat everyone as wonderful - though she's changed her tune about "the Fantastic Max Cllifford" she's always harped on about!
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    She also does a patronising page in the Sunday Post (a Johnston press Sunday paper printed in Dundee) where she conitnues to brown nose and treat everyone as wonderful - though she's changed her tune about "the Fantastic Max Cllifford" she's always harped on about!

Surely the Sunday Post is a D C Thompson newspaper?
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ross King, the one who sits behind a cardboard Hollywood background, so ye doesnt live in America then, it really is a set in the London Studios

Yes it is him and yes he IS in LA

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/tv-presenter-lorraine-kelly-daybreak-2272987
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed Ross King is LA based, always has been.

King and Kelly's radio show is a pretty awful VT'ed affair rather than being live (as suggested in the article) with King down the line in LA and Kelly probably sat in a London studio recorded through the week. There you are though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Surely the Sunday Post is a D C Thompson newspaper?

It is and was once the biggest selling paper in Scotland although that was long before the days of Lorraine Kelly.I don't see the Post but in her Sun column she always manages to work in a picture of herself with some Z list celebrity, always declaring her modesty of course.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MediaLover wrote: »

Chris Evans wanted Friday's off so that he could focus on his tv show, TFI Friday, that was recorded at about 3pm for a 6pm transmission. I'm not saying it was justified, but i think thats more of a valid reason than simply not wanting to work on a Friday. Eitherway, its what lead to his sacking (because when Radio 1 refused he simply didn't turn up anyway).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Presumably if he sat behind the background we wouldn't be able to see him (which might be an advantage of course:D)
  • Options
    aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In an ideal world, STV would have their own breakfast tv show and Lorraine could present it.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In an ideal world, STV would have their own breakfast tv show and Lorraine could present it.

Wouldn't be ideal for Scotland - and what a horrible suggestion to inflict on your old enemies!

Why can't she relocate to Argentina or Alaska or anywhere away from our screens?

And she can take dreadful Ross "bum licker" King with her.