Options

Warning to those with a dog who have digital TV.

RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Official: Dogs prefer digital TV!!! Dog rescue charity The Dogs Trust have found that, whilst dogs could not follow analogue TV, they CAN follow digital TV. They are worried that this is causing an obesity problem with dogs who don't want to go out for a walk and prefer watching the telly!!! If you don't believe me, it's the second item on the second part of todays This Morning (when ITV upload it) PMSL!!!

They said that because analogue is simply a fast moving series of still images, all dogs could see is a flickering image.

With digital they can actually follow the picture, just like us!

They even have their fave programmes too! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uare-eyes.html

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    As long as the dog has a licence who cares? ;)
  • Options
    merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:cool:

Must admit my 2yr old GSD does watch while relaxing on the sofa during the evenings. He's been enjoying the police ones lately with the dog handlers. My OH keeps asking him if he's picking up any tips!
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They said that because analogue is simply a fast moving series of still images, all dogs could see is a flickering image.

Um, that's exactly what digital is.

I assume they mean dogs can see progressive displays better then interlaced?

Or maybe because newer technologies are more persistent than CRT?
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Very untrue. An frame is made of little things called pixels. When the frame is interlaced ( eg 480i like most CRT's where that did not have component ) It will show a single frame but while doing this. It goes fill line/miss line then goes back and fill. Progressive Goes fill/fill.

Now I don't even know if are current broadcast are progressive I know HD is not. So really there is nothing that can make a dog see any better. The only difference being higher bit rates and some cases higher resolution meaning more pixels meaning better quality.

My dalmatian always enjoyed TV no matter the quality. He would also always choose a run over TV any day .
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Very untrue. An frame is made of little things called pixels. When the frame is interlaced ( eg 480i like most CRT's where that did not have component ) It will show a single frame but while doing this. It goes fill line/miss line then goes back and fill. Progressive Goes fill/fill.

Now I don't even know if are current broadcast are progressive I know HD is not. So really there is nothing that can make a dog see any better. The only difference being higher bit rates and some cases higher resolution meaning more pixels meaning better quality.

My dalmatian always enjoyed TV no matter the quality. He would also always choose a run over TV any day .

I think OP posted it on here due to sheer stupidity of the report, not that OP was agreeing with it
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was neither really, as I don't know enough about such matters to comment. :)