Why are Cats so Delicate

AnniecaAnnieca Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They never break anything and are so careful were they go:)

Comments

• Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annieca wrote: »
    You haven't met my two youngsters then!! :D
  • gothergother Posts: 14,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My favourite cup would disagree as it's lying in peices after my cat jumped up onto the side and knocked it off.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey...My 2 have smashed a jar and pulled up a corner of the carpet tonight and one of them is now hanging off the edge of the table by his claws...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    My mum once blamed my sister and I for some of her ornaments mysteriously breaking. We tried defending ourselves but she just wouldn't believe us until one day my cat strolled in and stood on her hind legs and started swatting another ornament off the shelf right in front of all of us. I would have told her off if it wasn't so funny. Mystery solved. :D

But I do know what you mean, when a cat wants to be careful they can be very elegant. :)
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like heck they are........
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it all depends whether they are in 'stealth' mode or plain 'reckless abandon' mode. They choose to suit.:D
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please tell me what planet you have moved to, I know of this old myth of cats being light of foot but it definitely doesnt extend to my two, who I am 100% sure were elephants in a previous life.
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    I cant say my kittens are delicate, their play gym has fallen due to them playing on it a bit too rough!

That said one of them has the knack of stealing straws out a glass or can without knocking over the glass/can and running off.
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    MadCatLady wrote: »
    My mum once blamed my sister and I for some of her ornaments mysteriously breaking. We tried defending ourselves but she just wouldn't believe us until one day my cat strolled in and stood on her hind legs and started swatting another ornament off the shelf right in front of all of us. I would have told her off if it wasn't so funny. Mystery solved. :D

But I do know what you mean, when a cat wants to be careful they can be very elegant. :)

My Tabitha used to do that with certain ornaments too :D However, I agree that if they just jump up on a shelf without the intention of breaking anything then they rarely do. I'm always worried their tails will knock over something but they do appear to move very lightly, delicately and gracefully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    I think it all depends whether they are in 'stealth' mode or plain 'reckless abandon' mode. They choose to suit.:D

Yes, that's about it. Kittens are generally reckless I think, but hey, they've just discovered running around! :D
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon would disagree with the 'cats are delicate' thing, both in stealth mode and reckless abandon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1qHVVbYG8Y
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    One of my cats (now deceased) took great pleasure in
    - knocking objects off shelves and tables
    - sitting very close to (or sometimes on) visitors, glaring, as if to say "Time you weren't here".
    - vomiting on a laptop computer (it seeped on to the motherboard and destroyed it)
    - spraying items at floor level she didn't like the look or smell of
    - she once started taking an interest in a tv set, not sure why, but she eventually started sitting on it. One day it stopped working and the engineer took it away and reported a strong smell of cat urine inside the back. It had rotted the circuit board and wasn't worth repairing.

That cat was a foul tempered old tortoiseshell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    One of my cats (now deceased) took great pleasure in
    - knocking objects off shelves and tables
    - sitting very close to (or sometimes on) visitors, glaring, as if to say "Time you weren't here".
    - vomiting on a laptop computer (it seeped on to the motherboard and destroyed it)
    - spraying items at floor level she didn't like the look or smell of
    - she once started taking an interest in a tv set, not sure why, but she eventually started sitting on it. One day it stopped working and the engineer took it away and reported a strong smell of cat urine inside the back. It had rotted the circuit board and wasn't worth repairing.

That cat was a foul tempered old tortoiseshell.

Sorry mike i had too laugh.
    Mine dont knock anything off but are so blooming determined too get somewhere they go there is no stopping them
    Forum Member
    Maisey Moo wrote: »
    Sorry mike i had too laugh.
    Mine dont knock anything off but are so blooming determined too get somewhere they go there is no stopping them

It's all true:D

My present cat is huge but hasn't broken anything yet.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat recently knocked a £500 ornament off the fire place and smashed the head clean off it.
    Forum Member
    Scrubber wrote: »
    My cat recently knocked a £500 ornament off the fire place and smashed the head clean off it.

The cat didn't like it and it had to go:)

and now it has!

Whose house is it anyway?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parkouring cat would disagree! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    My Toby has grace when he wants to!

I collect cacti, and used to have them on the windowsills. Toby, for whatever cat reason, decided he didn't like them, and systematically knocked each and every one off the sills - they now live in a greenhouse. (the cacti, not the cats :o )

When I moved to this address, I obviously had to keep the cats in for a few weeks. Toby also took great exception to this, but devised a perfect way to get revenge.

On the first day they went outside, he must have gone and found lots of luvverly grass to chomp on. He then retained said grass until about 3am, whereupon he climbed onto the windowsill above my bed, and proceeded to vomit all over my sleeping head! :rolleyes:

My Little Mo is quite clumsy too, bless her. :)