Options

Should Lucy Spraggan quit X Factor now?

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i fail to see what she will gain from carrying on...

two of her songs are now in the itunes top100 by 'tribute acts'.
which must be gutting, to see your songs turned into some karaoke abomination!

though would she be allowed to release her music if she left? has she signed any cowell type contract which means he owns her regardless?

she will get a record contract no doubt.

Comments

• Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    It's an interesting idea, she's probably under contract now though. It might be too late.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''which must be gutting, to see your songs turned into some karaoke abomination!''

They are practically that right now.
  • Options
    AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I don't understand why she's carrying on with the show. Or why she even went for the X Factor in the first place. She would've been much better on Britain's Got Talent and would likely have made the final, especially given that her songs are original and actually good.

I love all of her songs, but she's not a typical mainstream singer like the X Factor looks for, and I fear that she'll drop into obscurity as a result of carrying on with the show .. because let's face it, she won't win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should not have entered (I don't know why a show like this would interest her) but I don't think she should quit now.
  • Options
    AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She won't get through to the live shows, she'll be dropped from judges houses and then probably will be under a stupid contract not to sell any music for a year or whatever, and she'll have lost her chance. It's really bad. But then again, she wouldn't have this publicity if it wasn't for the X Factor.

Should've done BGT though.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would have walked BGT. Surprised she didn't realise that.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    i fail to see what she will gain from carrying on...

two of her songs are now in the itunes top100 by 'tribute acts'.
    which must be gutting, to see your songs turned into some karaoke abomination!

though would she be allowed to release her music if she left? has she signed any cowell type contract which means he owns her regardless?

she will get a record contract no doubt.

she will make money from that though. the x factor made her remove her music, but they cant stop cover versions from cropping up. no doubt syco will take a cut from any profit she makes through her song writing though.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    flounder78flounder78 Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    she will make money from that though. the x factor made her remove her music, but they cant stop cover versions from cropping up. no doubt syco will take a cut from any profit she makes through her song writing though.:rolleyes:
    Her album raced up the itune charts as well, managed to get it before she was told to take it off. Only the songs that we have seen are not on there.

I think it would be great if she got to the live finals and they didn't have categories and they could sing what they like each week.

The best artest we know have their own style and don't need to sign every other type of music. Would make a change as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    She is going to make a fool of herself.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    ''which must be gutting, to see your songs turned into some karaoke abomination!''

They are practically that right now.

:D:D:D They are, a bit. Comedians and comediennes have been writing and speak/singing spoof songs for donkey's years. However, trends always repeat and there's clearly a new generation who think she's the most original thing since Lady gaga (:D). Good for her; but this show won't do her any favours.

She'd be better off going at this stage for a number of reasons. Firstly; she's had the exposure now and a lot of people haven't seen the novelty wear off - yet. Secondly, she's coming across as a bit arrogant and entitled. Not a good look. Finally, she hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of lasting against people who can actually sing in what is, effectively, a karaoke competition.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    flounder78 wrote: »
    I think it would be great if she got to the live finals and they didn't have categories and they could sing what they like each week.

The best artest we know have their own style and don't need to sign every other type of music. Would make a change as well.

but thats not what the x factor is about tho

it would be like a break dancer going on strictly then complaining they cant do their own routines
  • Options
    Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she gets through.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really like Lucy, but I dont know if I want to her to get through. Lucy has her own style, I doubt she could do the genres of the live shows, she can only sing her songs. If they do it right then great but turn into something shes not then its a no.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I really really like Lucy, but I dont know if I want to her to get through. Lucy has her own style, I doubt she could do the genres of the live shows, she can only sing her songs. If they do it right then great but turn into something shes not then its a no.

exactly

we have seen her sing three times now

the two times she did her own songs she got a great reception , the time she tried to do a cover she absolutely murdered it
  • Options
    zanoni777zanoni777 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is useless. She can't sing. She won't sell a single record.
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

We've all seen limited, if vocally gifted, singers flounder on genres. Most often they will arrange a song to be in a genre of their choosing - it doesn't always work. Lucy is clearly great at that. She has every chance of winning this.
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zanoni777 wrote: »

You're a bit late with that prediction -

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=60984530&postcount=851 .

Can you get last week's lottery numbers wrong for us as well while you're at it? :D
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I don't want to see her doing covers, I wish she could just do an original every week.
    zanoni777 wrote: »

I'd buy her album tomorrow.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've all seen limited, if vocally gifted, singers flounder on genres. Most often they will arrange a song to be in a genre of their choosing - it doesn't always work. Lucy is clearly great at that. She has every chance of winning this.

The audience will get bored of her arranging her own acoustic guitar songs week after week.

So far they have been "conditioned" to find her amazing and original, since the producers have created this idea. And also deliberately not shown her doing any covers shes comfortable with.

Good luck to her strumming along in big band week
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    She is not going to be able to sing the songs they put in front of her and she can't sing her own songs every week.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    aggielane wrote: »
    She is not going to be able to sing the songs they put in front of her and she can't sing her own songs every week.

Last year's themes. (Whether theme allows original songs)

Week 1: Songs by UK or US artists (no)
    Week 2: Love and heartbreak (yes)
    Week 3: Rock (yes)
    Week 4: Halloween (yes)
    Week 5: Dancefloor fillers (yes)
    Week 6: Songs by Lady Gaga/Queen (no)
    Week 7: Songs from films (no)
    Week 8: Guilty pleasures (yes)
    Week 8: Musical heroes (no)
    Week 9: Motown (no)
    Week 9: 'Songs to get you to the final' (yes)
    Week 10: No theme (yes)
    Week 10: Mentor duets (probably)
    Week 10: Favourite song of the series (yes)
    Week 10: Christmas songs (yes)
    Week 10: Winners single (yes - if they have any sense)

Almost all of the 'no' themes are very easily changed in a way to suit her. Though of the 'yes' themes I see her struggling with dancefloor fillers regardless of whether it's her own material or not..
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline Flack was just on This Morning she hinted that Lucy's performance at Judge Houses could be either good or bad but she said we will have to wait to find out.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Week 10: Mentor duets (probably)

The thought of Tulisa up there swinging her pants whilst Lucy chats away on the guitar about someone getting caught giving bj's would be TV GOLD!!!! :eek:

:D
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    exactly

we have seen her sing three times now

the two times she did her own songs she got a great reception , the time she tried to do a cover she absolutely murdered it

I look forward to her judges houses performance before I decide for definate but I would buy her stuff now so I cant see how she needs X factor...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said before, I can't understand why the X Factor would have interested her - why it would even be on her radar. It's like someone who can juggle brilliantly auditioning for a cookery programme - just doesn't add up to me.