I know. :o

I resent them this morning but have no idea if they worked. :p
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Definitely vanity. :cool:

Shhhhh ;) Ah well, I suppose each of my dances appealed to a different (couple of) judge (s) so ultimately all's well :p
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. :o

I resent them this morning but have no idea if they worked. :p

They didn't, I'm afraid. :(
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    The male outfit would be a basic black latin pant and black shirt with a thin grey tie with some sparkles on

The outfit for the woman would be based on this
    http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/R...5_1900094a.jpg

I think the shirt under the blazer would be a bit more sexy for the dance and sparkly in some places just to make it more dancey

then both male and female would have these Michael Jackson style hats for the beginning of the routine

http://bestofmichaeljackson.jclondon...Trilby-Hat.jpg

Staging:

The whole set up of the dance will be a argentine tango cha cha hip hop fusion sort of thing the only props we will have is the hats at the beginning of the routine and the lighting will be quite dark with lights shining on us to keep with the intensity of the dance.

Introduction:
    In the first part that is an instrumental myself and my partner will be standing separately on the dancefloor on opposite sides. First a spotlight will light up the female dancer as she does some argentine tango flicks to the music then the spotlight on the male dancer will come on as he does some Michael Jackson style moves taking his hat off and thrusting his hips etc to the. Then both spotlights will come on and we will both make our way towards each other reversing the roles with him doing argentine tango and me being a bit more Michael jacksoney. Then at the end of this segment we both toss aside our hats.

Verse 1:
    We start off with some cha cha the male pulls the female does him and takes off her jacket and throws it aside. They then carry on dancing until the point where it goes ‘take it to the bridge’ where they go into a half cha cha half hip hop move sort of to ripple backwards (to give the impression of reversing) then for the next section it goes into a big of an argentine tango mode where we get into hold and don’t break eye contact and sort of balance away from each other in time to the music then break into the leg flicks and some lifts.

Chorus:
    The chorus we will do some hip hop that still has that sensual feeling and a cha cha undertone such as when it says ‘look at those hips’ will make sure to have a lot of hip movement and both will be in very close proximity

Verse 2:
    Again going back into cha cha until it says ‘take it to the bridge’ where it will be more hip hop orientated with some tricks we will both cartwheel and go into the splits so that the routine goes down to the floor where we can do a body ripple up. The song itself is quite seductive so at this point still carrying on with the hip hop the female will dance behind the male like she is controlling him almost like a puppet on a string and then finally turning him around and pulling him towards her

Chorus:
    After it heating it up a bit its back to the cha cha maybe with a little bit more of a cheeky feel with both dances giving little smiles to each other.

The instrumental bit that follows this chorus I want the lighting to change so it goes a bit more flashy to give the impression we’re moving in slow motion and the male will lift the female up onto his shoulders and as she gets up its almost like a cartwheel through the air and then back down again and she twirls around in front of him and does an assisted back flip.

Final chorus/Ending
    We will dance together a bit before walking away from each other and retrieving our hats and returning to our starting positions and the spotlights go out.
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't, I'm afraid. :(

Damn. Oh well. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amy 10
    Luke 10
    Izzie 9
    Malik 9

Comment Malik - A different showdance, props on the creativity. I liked the idea of the shoulder lift near the end

And that performance gives Jess and Pasha a score of 38 for the showdance and they have a grand total of 146/160
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So let's have a look at the judges leaderboard after all four dances.

1. Danny and Aliona 149
    2. Jess and Pasha 146
    3. Connor and Katya 144
    4. Callum and Erin 125

Now it is over to you as you make your choice out of our four couples.

THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN

Please PM me your votes, it is 4 for your favourites through to 1 for your least favourite

At 7pm tonight I will be back with the results show. Remember the votes from Tuesday's semi final will be included in the final count.

I will freeze the lines at 7pm when I will announce who has finished 4th and 3rd and then re-open them until 8pm when the winner will be revealed

Remember this is the last ever Twists and Sequins - and your votes are vital

Good luck to all our couples.

Get voting
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done everybody. :)

These were meant to be my costumes links (they still might not work but hey ho) :p

Male
    http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/194/23979/orthosdy5.jpg

Female
    http://images.partycity.com/images/products/en_us/pc/detail/P398896_dt.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do work!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    They work now. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big well done to all of you. You've all been strong finalists in different ways, although some were stronger than others.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone :) good luck for tonight!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Good luck to all four of you. :) Even though the leaderboard may say different, you'd all make worthy winners.
  • Options
    MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hardest part of marking these was that EVERYTIME I tried to listen to a song, I had to endure five seconds of a cheesy Anthony Worrall Thompson advert first.

I know which one you mean. :p

Well done to all of the finalists, there was some very strong choices, but there was one song I was a bit :confused: about.

Danny or Jess to win! (Although you'd all make worthy winners. :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy with that, let's just see how the vote goes :) good luck to y'all :D x
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done everyone :) I have to say that none of the costume links worked for me so I disregarded that in my marks for your Showdances.

I actually can't call it this time - I had a feeling that Danny would get it last series but I really can't call it tonight. Good luck for the vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done everyone :) I have to say that none of the costume links worked for me so I disregarded that in my marks for your Showdances.

I actually can't call it this time - I had a feeling that Danny would get it last series but I really can't call it tonight. Good luck for the vote.

You say that but I was convinced I'd come a gallant second to Izzie last year XD this year, again, I don't think lightning will strike twice, but that's the beauty of the game I suppose :) good luck one and all, whatever happens it's been a good show; I did my best with it :) let's see how it goes x
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    You say that but I was convinced I'd come a gallant second to Izzie last year XD this year, again, I don't think lightning will strike twice, but that's the beauty of the game I suppose :) good luck one and all, whatever happens it's been a good show; I did my best with it :) let's see how it goes x

Well lightning did strike twice for you on Reality Check :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well lightning did strike twice for you on Reality Check :D

So lightning's already struck 3 times :o I'm almost certain to rule out a 4th XD (And that one really looked like Val had it in the bag :p)

Don't get me wrong- a win on this would go down as the proudest moment for me on this forum, but I just have a feeling in my gut XD x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's what I think happens with the links.

Take this link: http://www.dresseshop.co.uk/bridesmaid-dresses/sheath-column-sweetheart-green-ruffles-chiffon-sleeveless-floor-length-dress-p-3165.html

The source link works (i.e. if you click it, it'll take you to some girls in green dresses), but the visible link (i.e. what you see before clicking it) looks truncated.

Here's a copy and paste of the above as it appears in the preview post screen (which would be similar to what Suzy gets in PMs):

http://www.dresseshop.co.uk/bridesma...ss-p-3165.html

As you can see, the first link was truncated but the source link was still retained. When copy & pasting the truncated link, the copy considers it as text and doesn't copy over the source link. YouTube links are typically short enough that they can avoid truncation, so these usually can be copied & pasted on face value.

Suzy may consider in future making sure to manually copy over the source links of any very long links that get truncated like this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would also like to say, well done to the finalists. You put a lot of effort into the staging. I was tough with the 10s, partially because a 10 is a purely subjective thing for me. I have to feel like giving a ten, whether it's logical or not logical, and I try not to give them just because I'm expected to. So don't feel bad if I gave you 9s and you wanted 10s - it's just hard to guarantee a 10 from me.

I think I'll go vote for the first time this series. Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK That is it

THE LINES HAVE NOW FROZEN

Earlier today Callum and Erin, Connor and Katya, Danny and Aliona and Jess and Pasha danced four times in the final ever final of Twists and Sequins

The votes have now been counted, and the votes from the semi finals added to them, and I can now reveal that we have a tie for third.

I can now reveal that finishing joint third are....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eeeek- 7pm! Good luck everyone :) x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm nervous and I'm not even competing. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm nervous and I'm not even competing. :D

You're telling me :eek: The wait is agony!