bookies odds for the final

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
Forum Member
2/7 sam

9/2 nic

12/1 luke

i see 2/7 favorites lose all the time , daily , in fact hourly !!

no getting away from the fact that sam is an exceptional singer but anybody that thinks she is a certainty to win is delusional .

a simple look on each threes twitter would tell you whos more liked nationwide in the world of social media and if you took that as a guideline only an idiot would be betting on sam at 2/7 .

get ready for an explosion on this forum on saturday night because i dont think sam is going to win .

12/1 luke is very very tempting !!

Comments

• troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shades1 wrote: »
    2/7 sam

9/2 nic

12/1 luke

no getting away from the fact that sam is an exceptional singer but anybody that thinks she is a certainty to win is delusional .

a simple look on each threes twitter would tell you whos more liked nationwide in the world of social media and if you took that as a guideline only an idiot would be betting on sam at 2/7 .

get ready for an explosion on this forum on saturday night because i dont think sam is going to win .

Luke dosen't stand a chance of winning it's always been between Sam Bailey and Nicholas .
  • Dean_AdamsDean_Adams Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of Sams "audience" probably dont use twitter. even so, she trends the most out of the 3 finalists, and its a positive trend.

Luke has been bottom two loads now, so im pretty confident he will finish 3rd and twitter followers mean nothing.

Going on facebook sam is miles ahead of the other contestant on likes per peformance etc.

Polls on digital spy asking who do you want to win, sam has got 57% votes so far!

Sam has got this..

Nicholas could sneak it, hes been getting through whilst being the worst act.

Someone has a thread about the social media ratings or something like that (its a good thread :) ) . sam always seems to be alot lower than the rest yet she gets through easily and apparently tops the votes. This shows that social media is not everything :P
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2/7 sam

9/2 nic

12/1 luke

You see 2/7 favourites lose all the time? Hourly? In horse racing, maybe. Not in reality tv shows.

She is the biggest favourite ever, in the history of X Factor. Luke is definitely NOT tempting.

Yes. Social Media told us Tamera, RC, Luke, Abi and Kingsland Road were all more popular than Sam B. Only an idiot would be using that as a guideline.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Nicholas fan but there's no way Sam isn't going to win.

The only way Nicholas would stand a chance was if he was allowed to do another Someone Like You, Thousand Years or I Won't Give Up, something that allowed him to shine. Instead he's being given Candy and duetting with some bloke from Westlife.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam will win end of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I'm a Nicholas fan but there's no way Sam isn't going to win.

The only way Nicholas would stand a chance was if he was allowed to do another Someone Like You, Thousand Years or I Won't Give Up, something that allowed him to shine. Instead he's being given Candy and duetting with some bloke from Westlife.

He was given something that allowed him to shine. A choice of his favourite performance, he chose to ignore Someone Like You, I Won't Give Up and A Thousand Years and chose Angel instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was given something that allowed him to shine. A choice of his favourite performance, he chose to ignore Someone Like You, I Won't Give Up and A Thousand Years and chose Angel instead.

You seriously believe they're given free reign? What is your explanation for Candy?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicky's odds is the most tempting... never been bottom 2 alongside sam, who's to know how wide the gap is between them...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seriously believe they're given free reign? What is your explanation for Candy?

Candy wasn't a "favourite performance" song choice, was it?

No.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    troy4783 wrote: »
    Luke dosen't stand a chance of winning it's always been between Sam Bailey and Nicholas .

you would think so wouldnt you , but it does not always work out like that , if it was as certain as you say it is the prices would look more like this ;-

1/50 sam

12/1 nic

33/1 luke

voting on saturday will be totally different to any other week .

1. there will be people voting that have not even voted yet

2. die hard voters will vote more

3. voters from eliminated acts will have new vote elsewhere

4. regular voters may change mind on the night

5. voters may just vote on performance in final rather than overall

there are many dynamics that can change and all im saying is that sam may be favorite but is not a certain winner , far from it !!

how many years do you need to watch this show or any other reality show come to that where you think someone is certain to stay or certain to leave and its the total opposite of what you expect ?

yes a lot !!!
  • tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    2/7 sam

9/2 nic

12/1 luke

If you're wrong can we all take the **** out of you? :D

At the end of the day who cares who wins, it's menaingless and nothing more than a bit of good entertainment on a Saturday night!

I wish all three of them the best of luck!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you would think so wouldnt you , but it does not always work out like that , if it was as certain as you say it is the prices would look more like this ;-

1/50 sam

12/1 nic

33/1 luke

voting on saturday will be totally different to any other week .

1. there will be people voting that have not even voted yet

2. die hard voters will vote more

3. voters from eliminated acts will have new vote elsewhere

4. regular voters may change mind on the night

5. voters may just vote on performance in final rather than overall

there are many dynamics that can change and all im saying is that sam may be favorite but is not a certain winner , far from it !!

how many years do you need to watch this show or any other reality show come to that where you think someone is certain to stay or certain to leave and its the total opposite of what you expect ?

yes a lot !!!

Honestly i really hope luke finishes above nicholas. So 2nd place for luke.

The only reason why i cant see sam losing is because of how much support she has and i feel like out of the song choices we know already hers are far superior...

When she sang power of love it was a real wow moment IMO considering it was the first live show, and she said she wants to sing it 100x better... i look forward to it.

Also, edge of glory, is perfect for her and could easily be her winning moment...

I just dont see how she can be beat

Wish all of the contestants good luck though :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Dean_Adams wrote: »
    Most of Sams "audience" probably dont use twitter. even so, she trends the most out of the 3 finalists, and its a positive trend.

Luke has been bottom two loads now, so im pretty confident he will finish 3rd and twitter followers mean nothing.

Going on facebook sam is miles ahead of the other contestant on likes per peformance etc.

Polls on digital spy asking who do you want to win, sam has got 57% votes so far!

Sam has got this..

Nicholas could sneak it, hes been getting through whilst being the worst act.

Someone has a thread about the social media ratings or something like that (its a good thread :) ) . sam always seems to be alot lower than the rest yet she gets through easily and apparently tops the votes. This shows that social media is not everything :P

I have the net and mobile phone yet I don't use Twitter/Facebook or any other (un)social media, I prefer to go outside and talk face-to-face with the people I know. In fact I don't know anyone that Twitters, a few use Facebook yes but not Twitter :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Al_Young wrote: »
    I have the net and mobile phone yet I don't use Twitter/Facebook or any other (un)social media, I prefer to go outside and talk face-to-face with the people I know. In fact I don't know anyone that Twitters, a few use Facebook yes but not Twitter :o

Haha, i dont have twitter either myself :P i do have facebook but log-in like once a week for a brief moment :')

But really, he cant judge chances on winning x factor based on twitter followers lol. :D
  • Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2/7 sam

9/2 nic

12/1 luke

Sure Luke does have the most twitter followers out of the 3 ,but his fans arnt really the kind that would vote on shows like xfactor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Red22 wrote: »
    Sure Luke does have the most twitter followers out of the 3 ,but his fans arnt really the kind that would vote on shows like xfactor.

Nicholas is milies ahead on social media then anyone else of the finalists but does anyone know who is top of vote last week really out of two people but I say sam bailey is going to win as she has much better songs nicholas got the worst song candy and I think she deserves to win
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas is milies ahead on social media then anyone else of the finalists but does anyone know who is top of vote last week really out of two people but I say sam bailey is going to win as she has much better songs nicholas got the worst song candy and I think she deserves to win

Nick ? Miles ahead on social media ? Okay, lets have a look at FB shall we. The likes for each of the 3 acts on their respective banners on the X Factor page are currently as follows...

Sam - 28,025
    Luke - 23,604
    Nick - 13,503

Just a word to mention that Lukes was put up over 24 hours ago and Sams has attracted more likes in just over 8 hours. On Facebook, Sam has been the most popular by a distance and pretty much always has been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    Nick ? Miles ahead on social media ? Okay, lets have a look at FB shall we. The likes for each of the 3 acts on their respective banners on the X Factor page are currently as follows...

Sam - 28,025
    Luke - 23,604
    Nick - 13,503

Just a word to mention that Lukes was put up over 24 hours ago and Sams has attracted more likes in just over 8 hours. On Facebook, Sam has been the most popular by a distance and pretty much always has been.

wow, 28k likes in 8 hours.. thats impressive!
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likes are far easier/cheaper than telephone votes. Wonder how many of her fans will be multiple voting this weekend. Boy she's gonna need it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »

Sam - 28,025
    Luke - 23,604
    Nick - 13,503

That's just Facebook though, which is just one of the social media outlets that is taken into account by the analytics someone posted elsewhere.

I'm not disputing Sam is going to win, she will, but to base everything on a banner image on a Facebook page is just a tiny representation of the broader social media picture (which may or may not have significance anyway). I'll see if I can find the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    Likes are far easier/cheaper than telephone votes. Wonder how many of her fans will be multiple voting this weekend. Boy she's gonna need it

She has comfortably made it through each week without ever falling bottom 2. Luke will be the one that needs it.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has comfortably made it through each week without ever falling bottom 2. Luke will be the one that needs it.

so has nicholas-- never been in bottom 2 despite the show's machinations
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    so has nicholas-- never been in bottom 2 despite the show's machinations

Yes. Which is why I said Luke - not Nicholas - will need it.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke won't win.

He's been in the bottom three times now.

It all depends on the night between Sam and Nicholas - who will the grannies side with?
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's just Facebook though, which is just one of the social media outlets that is taken into account by the analytics someone posted elsewhere.

I'm not disputing Sam is going to win, she will, but to base everything on a banner image on a Facebook page is just a tiny representation of the broader social media picture (which may or may not have significance anyway). I'll see if I can find the thread.

Its not my intention to base everything on 1 banner and even as a fan of Sam, I am still not sure she will come out on top on Sunday. The usual voting demographic could still easily swing things in favour of one of the lads and we don't know where RC's vote is going to go.

I merely wanted to challenge the posters claim that Nick has been ahead on all social media. Sam has had FB pretty much all to herself.