PS Vita TV-will it ever work in the UK?

steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently purchased a Japanese PS Vita TV box on eBay as a bit of an impulse buy. However, the more I read of the regional compatibility issues others have had, the more I worry I have made a big mistake and effectively bought a device with the functionality of a small brick. :( All reports seem to suggest it will only currently work with a Japanese PSN account making it useless to me as a UK user with a UK PSN to which all my games are tied (the vast majority of my games are PS Plus titles and digital game purchases).

I have since done a lot of online research but cannot determine with any clarity whether the Vita TV will permanently be locked to Japan accounts only? in which case it would be useless to me, or whether other regions will be able to log in and access their existing games as the device launches in those territories?

Has there been any word from Sony (or other reliable sources) on whether the Vita TV is to remain region locked to Japan even after it launches in other territories?

Region locking the Vita TV would be an odd move surely considering all their other consoles since PSP/PS3 have been region free from the outset. Indeed the Vita on which it is based is completely region free.

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine PSTV will be region free when it hits the UK in November! ... (I'll be using both my UK & US accounts on it) ... I preordered one from amazon afew month ago! :)