Sam Bailey dropped by Syco

soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lasted a bit longer than some X Factor winners but after 14 months Syco have decided to drop Sam Bailey. I take it their regime means you can't have two X Factor winners on the books at once so now Ben is with them Sam has to go?

I quite like some of her stuff so hopefully she will find another label to carry on the music and tbh she wasn't your typical Syco artist.

Comments

• StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really shameful if true. What did she get, a rush-released album of covers? It was already unrealistic that all the contestants see X Factor as their one shot at stardom when most of the winners get dropped after one album, but this is really pathetic.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who releases a rushed out covers album as their debut deserves to have a short time at a label.

She was ridicuously overrated during her time on XF, on various daytime chat shows and by the public. Hailed as a british Celine Dion. More like a jukebox cruise singer.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who releases a rushed out covers album as their debut deserves to have a short time at a label.

She was ridicuously overrated during her time on XF, on various daytime chat shows and by the public. Hailed as a british Celine Dion. More like a jukebox cruise singer.

You make it sound like she has a say in the matter.
  • PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be real. I can understand why people watch the show for the entertainment factor...but why would u buy the music? To me, it's all karaoke...I don't consider any of these people real artists. I don't blame the contestants for wanting that chance, but if you dance with the devil you gonna get burned.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three former winners gone in the last year makes it look like Syco don't actually have any faith in the contestants picked as winners and don't actually want them for multiple album deals. If this is the case why are they offering a contract as part of the X Factor prize?
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost inevitable from the moment she won but getting pregnant immediately after winning probably didn't help either.
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I am not surprised. She had her rigged #1 single and album, and that's all that matters to Syco.

She won a poor series and is nothing but a karaoke queen.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,888
    Forum Member
    Three former winners gone in the last year makes it look like Syco don't actually have any faith in the contestants picked as winners and don't actually want them for multiple album deals. If this is the case why are they offering a contract as part of the X Factor prize?

Because the contract costs them hardly anything, they can afford to write it off against the huge income the show gets from other sources, plus the likes of One Direction have probably earned Syco enough to keep them going for another 100 X Factors.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Sam, she is too naive for the cut-throat music industry. I remember in her Xtra-factor interview after winning the show she said she would not want to rush release an album full of covers.....
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Definitely not a fan of Sam Bailey but I feel really sorry for her - she had a number 1 album with pretty good sales, what more was she supposed to do? I really do despair of just how cut-throat the music industry has become, and Cowell in particular... people hail him as some sort of godlike figure but all he does is cash in on people then throw them on the scrapheap when they are no longer profitable to him.

True, to an extent, that if you sign up for X Factor you know what you're letting yourself in for, but I still feel some sympathy for someone who has their dreams trampled on like this.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Neil_N wrote: »
    I am not surprised. She had her rigged #1 single and album, and that's all that matters to Syco.

She won a poor series and is nothing but a karaoke queen.

Yep and she can thank max clifford for telling simon cowell about her before she went on the fixed tv series.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness I'd say she's exceeded expectations. She had a number one album, despite her winners single doing appallingly compared to the other songs.

I think should could have a good innings doing mothers day cover albums, but no shade that was all she's likely be doing successfully.
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Yep and she can thank max clifford for telling simon cowell about her before she went on the fixed tv series.

Agreed. I think there is a way to stop the X-Factor making Christmas #1 - tell stories about them and introduce a fine system for anyone buying the single.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurovision beckons
    Forum Member
    Eurovision beckons

She would contribute to the run of 17th and below placings for the UK. At least France would have company at the bottom :D
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Oh how Typical!! Hope she does well elsewhere
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will only be one winner for the X Factor and that is Mr Cowell!!

I dont know why he doesnt take his fortune and retire. At least the GBP would no longer have to put up with ITV sucking up to him and his endless so called Talent programmes.

To be honest I can say that there is not one winner or runner up that I would ever want to see in concert. Also on q the bland queen Leona Lewis has just come on the radio runing "Run". Time to turn over, only so much key changes I can take.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor is a joke. They claim to search for the talent of the future and then the winners dropped within a year or so.
  • ScPDScPD Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I think the only reason Lauren Silverman has lasted this long is because she spawned his offspring
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ScPD wrote: »
    I think the only reason Lauren Silverman has lasted this long is because she spawned his offspring

Actually Simon's relationships with women normally last a while. He was with Sinitta for years, as well as some make up artist called Mezghan. Only difference with Lauren, he stole her from someone else.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    jude007 wrote: »
    There will only be one winner for the X Factor and that is Mr Cowell!!

I dont know why he doesnt take his fortune and retire. At least the GBP would no longer have to put up with ITV sucking up to him and his endless so called Talent programmes.

To be honest I can say that there is not one winner or runner up that I would ever want to see in concert. Also on q the bland queen Leona Lewis has just come on the radio runing "Run". Time to turn over, only so much key changes I can take.

Cowell probably doesn't retire as he needs his ego massaged constantly by ITV and the public. :( You're right though - and it says a lot about my opinion of him and his so-called talent shows that I've not liked a winner since Will Young, who Simon himself has said in the recent past he disliked and believes wasn't a worthy champion!

And don't remind me about what they did to that lovely Snow Patrol song!
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Cowell probably doesn't retire as he needs his ego massaged constantly by ITV and the public. :( You're right though - and it says a lot about my opinion of him and his so-called talent shows that I've not liked a winner since Will Young, who Simon himself has said in the recent past he disliked and believes wasn't a worthy champion!

And don't remind me about what they did to that lovely Snow Patrol song!

I think Cowell knew he would never be able to control Will. So unless you are willing to get on your knees and worship him he will shift you out as soon as possible.

So glad that someone else thinks that Lewis's version of "Run" is an abomination. Yes lets do as many key changes as we can and lets wail like there is no tomorrow:D
  • Poplife04Poplife04 Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Good, She is never going to be a star. A star is someone like Madonna, Britney Spears, Cher etc etc. Not someone like Sam Bailey who sticks her thumb up and looks rough as anything every time she is photographed.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read she's releasing her autobiography. :o

"I was a prison warder. I won a karaoke competition. The end!!" ^_^
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read she's releasing her autobiography. :o

"I was a prison warder. I won a overrated singing competition. The end!!" ^_^