Jodie Marsh hounding Wossy on twitter

quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
Forum Member
Jodie Marsh has been continuing her anti-bullying campaign,good on her.But then ironically she's had her followers harrass Jonathan Ross on twitter to get her on his chat show to talk about the subject.He's refused but now she's slagging him off as a vile man.I'm not exactly a fan of Wossy but his show is a light entertainment chat show,not the sort of thing to just sit and talk about that kind of thing for five or ten minutes.This Morning and other shows are more suited to that.Her and some of her followers really turned on him it was unbelievable.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    This was the tweet that started it all. Bear in mind she has has half a million followers:-

https://twitter.com/JodieMarsh/status/299970783365709824
    Jodie Marsh
    @JodieMarsh
    In fact everyone tweet #getjodieonJonathanRosstoraiseawareness to @wossy please. That should do it :-) x x x I'm begging you x x x

Unless I'm missing something, these are the only things he tweeted about the matter:-

https://twitter.com/wossy/status/299975206439645184
    jonathan ross @wossy
    @JodieMarsh getting your followers to hound me is exactly the right way to ensure you never get asked on.

https://twitter.com/wossy/status/299988997327953920
    jonathan ross
    @wossy
    Very strange experience getting harassed and bullied by people wanting to me to help stop bullying. Surreal.

He owes her absolutely nothing; and as per his tweets regarding this, it's pretty ironic that people that want him to stop harassment and bullying are kind of harassing and bullying him. I applaud her for her anti-bullying campaign, but harassing celebrities and getting her followers to do the same isn't the way to go about it.

Bullying campaign aside, she is an attention seeker who will act like a victim when something doesn't go her way and look for others to reassure her and validate her position.

Edit: Just had a look at his mentions. Plenty of idiotic, hateful ones from Jodie's followers :rolleyes: Shouldn't they be all about peace and love if they support this bullying campaign? :confused:
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    This was the tweet that started it all. Bear in mind she has has half a million followers:-

https://twitter.com/JodieMarsh/status/299970783365709824

Unless I'm missing something, these are the only things he tweeted about the matter:-

https://twitter.com/wossy/status/299975206439645184

https://twitter.com/wossy/status/299988997327953920

He owes her absolutely nothing; and as per his tweets regarding this, it's pretty ironic that people that want him to stop harassment and bullying are kind of harassing and bullying him. I applaud her for her anti-bullying campaign, but harassing celebrities and getting her followers to do the same isn't the way to go about it.

Bullying campaign aside, she is an attention seeker who will act like a victim when something doesn't go her way and look for others to reassure her and validate her position.

Edit: Just had a look at his mentions. Plenty of idiotic, hateful ones from Jodie's followers :rolleyes: Shouldn't they be all about peace and love if they support this bullying campaign? :confused:

Thanks for the links I keep forgetting how to do that.I agree with everything you said.It really was unbelievable and some of her followers were big fans of his and just changed their opinion of him instantly without looking at it from his point of view.:confused:
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But these people follow Jodie Marsh, so they are unlikely to be the sharpest knives in the block. I doubt most of them would even know what the word irony means.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links I keep forgetting how to do that.I agree with everything you said.It really was unbelievable and some of her followers were big fans of his and just changed their opinion of him instantly without looking at it from his point of view.:confused:

Begging half a million people to 'ask' someone for something, and then expecting them to be OK with it. I don't think she thought it through :o His Twitter must have been absolutely bombarded with it.

I see some of them calling him names, one saying they want to 'snap his jaw' and some of them bringing up the whole Andrew Sachs thing. Are these really people who want to stop bullying? Maybe they should look in the mirror first. Jonathan did nothing wrong, and reacted how anyone would in his position, IMO.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Begging half a million people to 'ask' someone for something, and then expecting them to be OK with it. I don't think she thought it through :o His Twitter must have been absolutely bombarded with it.

I see some of them calling him names, one saying they want to 'snap his jaw' and some of them bringing up the whole Andrew Sachs thing. Are these really people who want to stop bullying? Maybe they should look in the mirror first. Jonathan did nothing wrong, and reacted how anyone would in his position, IMO.

Yep.Like I said I'm not a fan but I'm on his side.And someone tweeting that they want to snap his jaw :eek::mad:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie Marsh is a professional victim. This has nothing to do with raising awareness, its about her drawing yet more attention to herself.

Wossy is never going to have a washed up glamour model on his show, ever. Neither is Graham Norton who her fans are telling her she should target instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie Marsh is a professional victim. This has nothing to do with raising awareness, its about her drawing yet more attention to herself.

Wossy is never going to have a washed up glamour model on his show, ever. Neither is Graham Norton who her fans are telling her she should target instead.

Yup. Her actions are about her, not the issue of bullying. There are plenty of shows that would cover bullying, so why is she hounding someone publicly on Twitter? Why doesn't she talk to This Morning or Loose Women or Alan Titchmarsh or the breakfast shows on TV? Or the more serious shows like Panorama or Dispatches?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the woman who got married for the sake of having her own tacky tv show.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking at her supporters comments on Twitter, dear me, not the the sharpest tools in the box are they? Saying they want to raise awareness on bullying, whilst making hateful comments about someone else. Obviously they don't understand the concept of irony.

I've always felt a lot of the hate that Jodie gets she brings on herself with her constant attention seeking.

Her Twitter followers must be incredibly gullible not to realise that this has nothing to do with raise awareness of bullying, its all about putting herself back in the spotlight. A prime time chat show is not the place for things like this, she would be better off on This Morning or Loose Women. But then I suppose, they don't get as many viewers do they;)
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Good on Wossy.

If more people ignore Marsh, maybe one day she will go away. As others have said, Ross's show is Saturday night light entertainment. If Marsh is serious about all this, its the wrong platform anyway. Daft cow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They weren't big fans of his, they just say that to make a more dramatic statement.

And they don't give a toss about bullying, they are only interested in acting as minions to an irrelevant and increasingly desperate 'glamour' model.

She doesn't care either, except for when she gets to cry self-pitying tears in front of a TV camera. She certainly doesn't care about cyber bullying.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I agree with the people saying JR owes her nothing. Of course he's going to block the thousands of people that bombard him with begging messages.

Doesn't she see the irony of getting thousands of people to basically bully him into getting her on his show to promote anti bullying?!
  • LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainly didn't think it through, JR show only has the top stars maybe only going down to C-list on the odd show - how the heck would the show bookers suddenly decide to have someone who's struggling to get on the Z-list ladder on the show to promote a Ch5 programme - recipe for killing of JR career

JR was getting unwanted attention from her followers, that's bullying in my book, but as we can see JR is old and big enough to look after himself.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well her *career* is dead in the water so anything to get some attention back. No doubt she'll be wailing about Wossy being a *vile jelllus bully* and ranting on about 'hatahs'

She's as predicable as night following day.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Good for Wossy.

Looks like Jodie will be on This Morning this week to talks about it. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I don't really know who she is, but I've just read the timelines... what a truly idiotic response from her followers.

Another half-a-million reasons why I will never join Twitter.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was supposed to be highly educated? As others have said, she doesn't give a fig about bullying (and has partaken in lots via her website of old) - this is just a desperate attempt to revive her 'career'. She should stick to the bodybuilding. Wossy is more likely to invite one of us onto his show than he is her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep.Like I said I'm not a fan but I'm on his side.And someone tweeting that they want to snap his jaw :eek::mad:

If that isn't bullying, I don't know what is!

I like Jodie but I agree with another poster, she went the wrong way about this. Can't she just get her agent to call his 'people?'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Well her *career* is dead in the water so anything to get some attention back. No doubt she'll be wailing about Wossy being a *vile jelllus bully* and ranting on about 'hatahs'

She's as predicable as night following day.

I thought her career was getting a resurgence? She's got a couple of TV shows coming out on bullying, along with plenty of press coverage these days. It's a lot more than she was getting three years ago when I thought she really was washed up.

I've got to say that I do think she has a genuine interest in anti-bullying. She was bullied for a long time at school, and again in the press for years when she first became well-known, so she probably does have a concern for it. It draws more attention to her at the same time, admittedly. She's a narcissist but that, I think, comes from her low self-esteem. I think she basically has a good heart.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should get her on tbh, be an extra viewer here :o
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'd be on his show alright, if I was his producer! A lifesize cardboard cut-out that Wossy and his guests could ask from time to time "and what do you think of this, Jodie?" or "do Twitter bullies agree with that, Jodie?" :D
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm appalled... that she apparently has half a million followers. What on earth is she actually known for (I'd hesitate to say 'famous')? Taking her top off a lifetime ago?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her career was getting a resurgence? She's got a couple of TV shows coming out on bullying, along with plenty of press coverage these days. It's a lot more than she was getting three years ago when I thought she really was washed up.

I've got to say that I do think she has a genuine interest in anti-bullying. She was bullied for a long time at school, and again in the press for years when she first became well-known, so she probably does have a concern for it. It draws more attention to her at the same time, admittedly. She's a narcissist but that, I think, comes from her low self-esteem. I think she basically has a good heart.

Hmm.

The bullying certainly gave her a tagline, but let's not forget that BeatBullying dropped her as an ambassador due to the demonstrably bullying nature of some of her ramblings on her now long defunct website. She does get criticised - but doesn't help herself. As an example, she made some disgusting comments about Michael Barrymore post CBB. Yes, Barrymore was awful to her but she really didn't help herself writing quite libellous statements about the 'swimming pool' incident. If anyone dares to criticise her she bites - really badly - and is just as bad as the people who she accuses of bullying.

That aside, I'm glad that ghastly Mush website seems to have died - now that really went too far.. But I'm in danger of going O/T with that one...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonathan Ross doesn't even do 'awareness raising' type interviews, he does comedy interviews.

Jodie should have messaged Piers Morgan if anyone. The whole premise of his chatshow is that a celeb sits in front of him weeping in self-pity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I think she had great intentions but it just wasn't the best way to go about it.