EE Stories & Digital Spy "reveals"

t1980st1980s Posts: 556
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok-- having bought into DTC's ability to want to surprise the audience with what EE does-- I am utterly disgusted with Digital Spy's blatant reveal about Lucy & Max

What if (like myself)- catching up with EE isn't until 1130pm, or the next morning,-- but oh no, there it is, main headline of the soaps, with a fricking photo to give it all away.

FFS- if you know its a twist in storyline-- at least don't publish it until the next day?!?

When Lindsay died on HO, whilst everyone on E4 knew, it wasn't made so obvious on the digital spy page-- so why now with EE?!

Jeez!

Comments

• ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't expect a showbiz website not to reveal things like this after they have been aired. The people relying on catch up are the minority, most people see it live.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's only "old news" once the HO ep has aired on channel 4 which is still the official airing. E4 is still a first look.

Maybe don't venture onto a soap spoiler site until after you're up to date?

It wasn't much of a twist tbh. Was fairly obvious when she got £1000 from him last week.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once it's on screen they can post what they like cause it happened & its a regularly updated media site, their not mind readers in thinking nobody watches until later, best thing to do is avoid the site until you do watch, then you won't be left disappointed.
  • t1980st1980s Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally get that-- as an avid reader of Spy, I usually know what to expect.

Normally once something's aired, its a side headline-- this was just way too in your face. No point watching the eps now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone coming onto a soap news website and/or the forums who are trying to avoid spoilers after the airing of an episode really can't complain if they discover a spoiler. Surely it is expected?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t1980s wrote: »
    Totally get that-- as an avid reader of Spy, I usually know what to expect.

Normally once something's aired, its a side headline-- this was just way too in your face. No point watching the eps now.

Because the only thing in the ep was Max shagging Lucy? :confused:
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Understand what you mean.

They should have had a photo of the vic or the title or albert sq sign with the heading "EastEnders Reveal Lucy Twist" or something along those lines.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point but it wasn't the most exciting reveal ever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Same thing happened to me on Facebook, where I get EE stories in the newsfeed, as I've liked the show - big massive picture of Lucy and Max and caption about him being the "mystery man". Saw this just before I watched the show, but my fault for going on Facebook, I suppose!
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    Anyone coming onto a soap news website and/or the forums who are trying to avoid spoilers after the airing of an episode really can't complain if they discover a spoiler. Surely it is expected?

I agree that people can't really complain if they haven't caught up with an episode and end up seeing a reveal before watching it because as far as DS or any other media site will be concerned, they can say what they want once it's been aired. ^_^ Although I do think if it's a genuine spoiler then people should be considerate about not revealing it to people who would rather not know. We do have spoiler tags after all.
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    t1980s wrote: »
    Ok-- having bought into DTC's ability to want to surprise the audience with what EE does-- I am utterly disgusted with Digital Spy's blatant reveal about Lucy & Max

What if (like myself)- catching up with EE isn't until 1130pm, or the next morning,-- but oh no, there it is, main headline of the soaps, with a fricking photo to give it all away.

FFS- if you know its a twist in storyline-- at least don't publish it until the next day?!?

When Lindsay died on HO, whilst everyone on E4 knew, it wasn't made so obvious on the digital spy page-- so why now with EE?!

Jeez!

If it has been aired, then its not a spoiler - sorry, but its a simple fact. If you don't want to know spoilers etc, then don't go online (especially to a TV discussion and news site)