Options

Lady Gaga back in the studio with RedOne

Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is a good thing in my opinion! I loved The Fame album and the other tracks she's done that have been produced by him.

Is this good news for fans who went off of Gaga after The Fame Monster?

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she knows what will give her a hit again I suppose.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is her last chance to win me over, if the music is as crap as ARTPOP then she will never be a major star again.

Hopefully they create good music and not dance rave nonsense. She needs a strong lead single which needs to go to no.1 in america (at least). Lot of pressure on her.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone hear the sound of the barrell being scraped. Unless thecsong is brilliant id venture lack of interest in her will stall it. There really is nowhere left for her to go and if backwards is where shes heading it just smells desperate. Look at Jessie J had a massive hit with Bang Bang still coulnt restore interest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Yawn.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about working with Red One again, is that when she first worked with him it was around the time that people were just starting to jump on him and want to work with him. It felt new and fresh. I don't want to say he's not relevant anymore because he is, but it just seems like she's desperate if she goes back there again.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I'm always here for new Gaga music. All her albums have provided at least two songs that I have on repeat and love.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is over and Redone is over too.

Like someone said its totally the bottom of the barrel. Gaga must be livid that Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are now bigger artists than she will ever be.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Sereniity wrote: »
    She is over and Redone is over too.

Like someone said its totally the bottom of the barrel. Gaga must be livid that Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are now bigger artists than she will ever be.

She isn't, and they aren't .

Wasn't red one on artpop anyway ?
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Katy Perry has just been booked for the Super Bowl and is a very successful singles artist, and Taylor Swift is...well, Taylor Swift. Unparalleled and unexplained popularity, but either way she's far more successful than Lady Gaga at this moment in time.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't care if she works with Mickey Mouse as long as she produces good music.
    She let herself down a bit with ARTPOP and we may never see the best of her as long as she concentrates on pop music.
    Her Jazz album showed she has huge talent in other genres and maybe that's where her future lies even if it doesn't giver her massive chart success.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Katy Perry has just been booked for the Super Bowl and is a very successful singles artist, and Taylor Swift is...well, Taylor Swift. Unparalleled and unexplained popularity, but either way she's far more successful than Lady Gaga at this moment in time.

Taylor Swift is the biggest artist in the world right now. She is selling more in America than Gaga ever did at her peak. Problem is, Lady Gaga fans still believe she is the biggest artist in the world when even Rita Ora is more newsworthy thesedays. Gaga's last attempts to have a successful record were off the back of a 90 year old man and even that flopped.

How the mighty have fallen. The simple fact is no one really gives a shit about her anymore. Its ironic that Katy is this generations Britney while Gaga has ended up being this generations....... Christina! :kitty::blush: hows that for karma! lol
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gaga is thirsty for a hit again it seems.

She could come back with an absolute stormer of a track that would keep her die hards happy, but I think the general public have really just moved on from her and her out there nonsense.

People just want good songs and a bit of a show, Gaga has went so far beyond that, she is now just an exaggerated parody of herself living in a land of little monsters and self delusion, thinking she is some great performance artist melding art and pop, when in reality she is just another ego monster but in a "wacky" dress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geos wrote: »
    The Gaga is thirsty for a hit again it seems.

She could come back with an absolute stormer of a track that would keep her die hards happy, but I think the general public have really just moved on from her and her out there nonsense.

People just want good songs and a bit of a show, Gaga has went so far beyond that, she is now just an exaggerated parody of herself living in a land of little monsters and self delusion, thinking she is some great performance artist melding art and pop, when in reality she is just another ego monster but in a "wacky" dress.

Exactly this. Bjork shows how you do it right but then Bjork has more talent in her broken fingernail than Gaga has in her entire body anyway.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Sereniity wrote: »
    Exactly this. Bjork shows how you do it right but then Bjork has more talent in her broken fingernail than Gaga has in her entire body anyway.

Utter garbage .
  • Options
    Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga doesn't need to prove herself to anybody and high sales figures do not equate to true talent. Her voice is absolutely amazing, as anyone who has been to her tours will agree to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope she stays in the studio forever & doesn't come out . .
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people forget she hasn't stopped working with him, she worked with him on both Born this Way and ARTPOP, he just didn't have as many songs as her first album/TFM. This is not at all to say she's going to go back to her old sound, they're probably doing something completely different again - I mean he co-wrote Gypsy with her, although he didn't produce on that track.

Tbh, I'm not sure what to expect from her next album - although I doubt it will be anything like The Fame / The Fame Monster.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I really liked her first album and the material on "Fame Monster" so I'm looking forward to what they come up with.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I loved The Fame/Monster but I think this move is a bit desperate. Unless the song is absolutely brilliant I can't see her having another hit again. She will always have a fanbase of diehard fans but I think the general public are done with her and I think her future lies in jazz/acoustic-type music rather than pop.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I loved The Fame/Monster but I think this move is a bit desperate. Unless the song is absolutely brilliant I can't see her having another hit again. She will always have a fanbase of diehard fans but I think the general public are done with her and I think her future lies in jazz/acoustic-type music rather than pop.

Silly thing to say, 'not have another hit' - Applause was a decent hit and Do What U Want was set out to be if it actually got released with a video etc.

She'll be fine.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. Chips wrote: »
    Gaga doesn't need to prove herself to anybody and high sales figures do not equate to true talent. Her voice is absolutely amazing, as anyone who has been to her tours will agree to.

Evidently she disagrees as shes going back to basis one can assume in the hope to aid her flagging career.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Evidently she disagrees as shes going back to basis one can assume in the hope to aid her flagging career.

BUT SHES NOT - She worked with him on her past two albums! I've already said this but no one seems to remember him working with her on BTW & Artpop.

I doubt she's going to go back to her original sound at all. It's just silly to assume that she's reverting back to a sound from 6/7 years ago because she's working with the same producer (for the fourth time)... :confused:
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »

Wasn't red one on artpop anyway ?

Yeah he contributed to one track - Gypsy - which was by far the most commercial track, but also the least progressive. It sounded like it came from Born This Way rejection pile (and it fairness, it probably did.)

I think people are far too harsh Artpop. It's a great album. Although unlike her previous two, it does contain a fair bit of filler. Swine/Artpop/Aura/GUY are all brilliant pop songs IMO. Who cares if they weren't hits?!!? :(

The only thing I wish she would do is tone town the theatricals and stop acting so damn elusive. Her interviews are so awkward and do her no favours at all IMO.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Silly thing to say, 'not have another hit' - Applause was a decent hit and Do What U Want was set out to be if it actually got released with a video etc.

She'll be fine.

Well the album itself didn't sell very well and G.U.Y wasn't a hit. Do What U Want was popular but wasn't there some controversy over R.Kelly? I guess it all depends on the music at the end of the day. If people like it they'll buy it.