Options

Purchasing shotgun cable

sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,

I need to do a bit of modding for my current sky+ setup and need to purchase some shotgun cable.

Where is the best place to get some from, satbuyer or one of the many other outlets?

What sort of spec does it need to be and is it all the same size (diameter wise) as sky fit?

For example on satbuyer there are two sorts of cable, WF65 and WF100. Does it make much difference if your slightly over 20m of cable run?

I am aware that the f connectors are slightly smaller at the cable entry side.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that the rule is that WF65 is usually used for runs up to 20 metres ,but personally I would use always WF100 for the slight difference in price what ever the length I required

I always look on eBay , as you mentioned the shotgun cable F ends are a different size to normal F ends
  • Options
    nickosbadnickosbad Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    WF65 is the standard Sky+ cable that Sky will fit, it can be run to a maximum of 30 metres before the losses become too great

WF65 will fit through an existing 10mm hole that you are likely to have in the wall already

WF100 is the standard "single" cable, each cable will be 7mm in thickness so if there are 2 feeds then a larger hole will be required

WF65 will be more than adequate for the vast majority of runs

Hope this helps